Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Menu game from Garrisons. Maybe they will release it for my iPhone? The rest will be queuing for content from the cities.

What the hell happened at Blizzard to cause this colossal train wreck?
    Honestly, I was hoping they would do that. Release that mini-game for smart phones and tablets. They could do so many cool things with this game...

Scenarios were a huge let down, and pet battles were also a let down. Should have been much more complex and rewarding than what they are.

Like Garrisons should have let you use your alts as minions to send on missions. Scenarios should've replaced normal instances. Pet battles should have had a lot more features to it, and they should've put pet battles and garrison on smart portable devices. Maybe set up the garrison to showcase your alts and let you rummage through their inventories.

But, hey, lets remove flying instead of adding anything cool to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I will not. This change will only keep people in the city. If you give people broken travel. They will not use it.

Main travel speed for expansion is going from 310% to 100%.

It is weird to think a 10 year old game, with a declining player base is nerfing there travel speed by 210%
    It is not only the travel speed but losing the ability to experience the game using the Z axis. It increases the replay value of the game (eg first experience MoP on the ground and then from the air).

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Its your own fault really. Being pouty and stubborn and saying things like "im just going to stay in my garrison and ignore the world because i cant fly". The world is still there. You would rather just be mad little kid instead.
    What am I doing in the world after I've already experienced it while leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It is not only the travel speed but losing the ability to experience the game using the Z axis. It increases the replay value of the game (eg first experience MoP on the ground and then from the air).
    I get what you are saying and agree. That said, I could play in a world without flight. I am going to have a tougher time playing in a world of slow motion.

Maybe wow is trying to go for the stop animation look.

Its your own fault really. Being pouty and stubborn and saying things like "im just going to stay in my garrison and ignore the world because i cant fly". The world is still there. You would rather just be mad little kid instead.
    Damn right, Ord! He should get out there and see the world, whether it's any fun or not!

The point isn't that they're taking the world away from people; it's that they're making it a chore to interact with. Yes, flying over the world is somewhat less interactive than slepping around on its surface, grappling with every trivial little critter and bump in the terrain, but that's a matter of degrees. It's no more commendable to want to interact with the world to the highest degree available than it is to want to interact with it to a lesser degree. Staying bunkered up is a complete disengagement, and that seems to be the experience they're cultivating at the cap.

They say there's awesome content on the ground. Awesome. Only I can't believe them, because they don't believe it themselves. If they believed their content was fun and engaging, really knew they had made something awesome, they'd have left us with the ability to fly over it if we wanted, secure in the knowledge that we wouldn't do because it's fun. I can't support a product offered with that little confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    +1

The apexis crystal grind isn't compelling enough to do @100 (in hard to reach places too) and frankly isn't worth the time sink that it is for poor rewards. You are better off joining a PVE or PVP queue that offers superior rewards for the same time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    Damn right, Ord! He should get out there and see the world, whether it's any fun or not!

The point isn't that they're taking the world away from people; it's that they're making it a chore to interact with. Yes, flying over the world is somewhat less interactive than slepping around on its surface, grappling with every trivial little critter and bump in the terrain, but that's a matter of degrees. It's no more commendable to want to interact with the world to the highest degree available than it is to want to interact with it to a lesser degree. Staying bunkered up is a complete disengagement, and that seems to be the experience they're cultivating at the cap.

They say there's awesome content on the ground. Awesome. Only I can't believe them, because they don't believe it themselves. If they believed their content was fun and engaging, really knew they had made something awesome, they'd have left us with the ability to fly over it if we wanted, secure in the knowledge that we wouldn't do because it's fun. I can't support a product offered with that little confidence.
    Compelling post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post

The world is interactive whether you use a ground or flying mount. You interact with the world in different ways which is why I like using both my ground and flying mount to explore. Taking away flying is taking away 50% of the my exploration enjoyment.

If the world has always had no use to you after leveling, you are virtually unaffected by no flying.

I get what you are saying and agree. That said, I could play in a world without flight. I am going to have a tougher time playing in a world of slow motion.

Maybe wow is trying to go for the stop animation look.
    A world without flight would be having teleports everywhere.

Lineage 2 added ports everywhere and that game doesn't feel the same to be honest. Besides Lineage 2 had scrolls of escapes/gatekeepers so adding portals to hunting zones was kind of redundant anyways.

If the world has always had no use to you after leveling, you are virtually unaffected by no flying.
    Good dodge. Care to try again with an actual answer? You said that the world is out there for us, but you failed to tell us what is out there that compels us to partake in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I see pouting is you by throwing insults at people.

After 7 years travel speed is nerfed by over 66% and you think people complaining is pouting? Come on. This is the single largest global nerf in the history of the game.
    This is just sad.

1) you can get a 20% boost to your ground mount speed via the stables in your garrison.

2) People played Vanilla no problem with ground mounts and they were all out in the world exploring ALL THE TIME. Don't make it out to be like they took away your ability to explore the world.

I'd even say exploration will be filled with a higher sense of wonder and danger from the ground instead of simply "herp a derp, im gonna fly exactly to the pin point of where I want to go, swoop down, kill that 1 rare npc, and fly right back up and avoid the world all together." Remember, everyone else will be on ground mounts just like you, so there will be no upper hand for anyone.

People are just fine with timeless isle, and guess what..... YOU CANT FLY *GASP*!!

I'm sure Blizzard will cower to the whiners after patch 6.1, but ill be enjoying the first six months of the expansion right from the seat of my ground mount. If you dont want to be out in the world, and you wanna stay in town and queue becuase you are butt hurt about no flying, great, more rares and more things out in the world for me.

Weren't you complaining there aren't enough people in the world? So basically it's not that no flying improves anything, it's all about what you want...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is just sad.

1) you can get a 20% boost to your ground mount speed via the stables in your garrison.

2) People played Vanilla no problem with ground mounts and they were all out in the world exploring ALL THE TIME. Don't make it out to be like they took away your ability to explore the world.

I'd even say exploration will be filled with a higher sense of wonder and danger from the ground instead of simply "herp a derp, im gonna fly exactly to the pin point of where I want to go, swoop down, kill that 1 rare npc, and fly right back up and avoid the world all together." Remember, everyone else will be on ground mounts just like you, so there will be no upper hand for anyone.

People are just fine with timeless isle, and guess what..... YOU CANT FLY *GASP*!!

I'm sure Blizzard will cower to the whiners after patch 6.1, but ill be enjoying the first six months of the expansion right from the seat of my ground mount. If you dont want to be out in the world, and you wanna stay in town and queue becuase you are butt hurt about no flying, great, more rares and more things out in the world for me.
    Enjoy your empty sand box.

1. Forcing players choices with garrisons is bad design.

2. Most requested feature in vanilla was flying mounts

3. WoD has a lot less to explore than MoP. Most of the exploration stuff in WoD is on the Ashran PVP instance. Spires of Arrak has some archaelogy stuff but without a flying mount archaeology will be a dead profession.

Good dodge. Care to try again with an actual answer? You said that the world is out there for us, but you failed to tell us what is out there that compels us to partake in it.
    I would imagine what waits in the world for us is whatever you were mounting up to fly toward instead of mounting up to ride toward. Going out to pet battle? There are two ways to get there: fast and convenient, with no interference, or slow and semi-convenient, with some interference. I rarely touch my flying mounts now. Even in a flying world, my Elekk is my favorite Pally mount. Now, just because your favorite method of travel is not the same as mine, let's not discredit the comments of others by asking "What's out there?". You know what is out there. You just want to get there by flight, instead of by ground. We will all be doing the same things we've done out in the world in prior expansions, but this time, fast, convenient, and no interference, will not be an option.

So have any of the people who want flying back, actually been playing on the beta? I much prefer being locked to ground mounts. If I had flying I'd probably skip over so much of the little hidden rares/items. Granted I'd be willing to guess, the people who want flying mounts back are the same folks who always claim there's a lack of content.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    I would imagine what waits in the world for us is whatever you were mounting up to fly toward instead of mounting up to ride toward. Going out to pet battle? There are two ways to get there: fast and convenient, with no interference, or slow and semi-convenient, with some interference. I rarely touch my flying mounts now. Even in a flying world, my Elekk is my favorite Pally mount. Now, just because your favorite method of travel is not the same as mine, let's not discredit the comments of others by asking "What's out there?". You know what is out there. You just want to get there by flight, instead of by ground. We will all be doing the same things we've done out in the world in prior expansions, but this time, fast, convenient, and no interference, will not be an option.
    The problem is that flying is more than transportation for some of us. Without the fun of flying, most of us won't step foot outside our garrison/city. If any of us buy the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is just sad.

People complained all the time about the poor travel in vanilla which is why we got flight in BC.

20% buff huh, I guess that reduces our nerf from 210% to 190%. I am sure glad you pointed out the uber fix from blizz

People are not fine with timeless isle. I got my free boxes and spent enough time to get me weekly war forged tokens. That's it.

Timeless isle was a joke. Bunch of people running to an area, waiting for their mod to say ding, then trying to kill an elite before he died in 1.2 seconds, wow what fun.

Guide to timeless isle

1 download mod
    2 run to spot where boss will spawn in 5 to 10 minutes
    3 try to get in hit before spawned boss dies in under 2 seconds
    4 go back to step 2

Yep timeless isle sure was compelling and challenging gameplay.

I will have a nice time waiting in the city for my queues to pop. Shoot most of my game time now is spent waiting in queues posting here.

Kind of sucks we have good travel now but nothing to explore. As soon as we get something to explore our travel will be super nerfed

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Same 5~ people posting over and over just refusing to grasp why Blizzard is doing this.

Hope they stand their ground, and make the world part of the game again, even if it's merely for a few months. And yes, a part of that is to remove peoples option to fly over it. If you're too stubborn to understand why no one ever chooses ground mounts over flying in a game about progressing/beating objectives, and instead talk about how it must be the contents fault people skip it, then you're never going to change your mind anyway.

You say "enjoy your empty sandbox". Yup, inside the sandbox, experiencing it. Not just watching from distance in air, completely safe from all danger.

People complained all the time about the poor travel in vanilla which is why we got flight in BC.
    Lol. Flying was not added for that reason. Maybe you'd want to believe that tho.

You think Timeless Isle is a failure, but you'd prefer it to be even less compelling by letting everyone sit mid-air, aiming their mounts when their addon tells them a specific rare has spawned, removing the entire terrain and other players from the equation. Aren't you a master of compelling gameplay?

So have any of the people who want flying back, actually been playing on the beta? I much prefer being locked to ground mounts. If I had flying I'd probably skip over so much of the little hidden rares/items. Granted I'd be willing to guess, the people who want flying mounts back are the same folks who always claim there's a lack of content.
    It's an alien concept in this thread that being able to skip content, makes people skip content.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-08-21 at 03:31 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Yes.

World PVP ont he main continent is dead. All the PVP happens on Ashran or you are waiting for 2v2 skirmishes. Big step backwards as more players will opt to disengage from the world.

The Apexis crystal grind at 100 isn't compelling enough to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Same 5~ people posting over and over just refusing to grasp why Blizzard is doing this.

Hope they stand their ground, and make the world part of the game again, even if it's merely for a few months. And yes, a part of that is to remove peoples option to fly over it. If you're too stubborn to understand why no one ever chooses ground mounts over flying in a game about progressing/beating objectives, and instead talk about how it must be the contents fault people skip it, then you're never going to change your mind anyway.

You say "enjoy your empty sandbox". Yup, inside the sandbox, experiencing it. Not just watching from distance in air, completely safe from all danger.

Lol. Flying was not added for that reason. Maybe you'd want to believe that tho.

You think Timeless Isle is a failure, but you'd prefer it to be even less compelling by letting everyone sit mid-air, aiming their mounts when their addon tells them a specific rare has spawned, removing the entire terrain and other players from the equation. Aren't you a master of compelling gameplay?
    I see a lot of people using creative ways to fly on Timeless Isle to circumvent the no flying feature. I wonder why?