Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    na I think you got it right, BLIZZ has alot of money at its disposal and it we all know it cannot be using it all towards WOW. Lets face it, no new races? Classes? slow xpacs? no new BG's, how about new innovative ideas like death matches ( example smite arena 5v5 is crazy new idea) or real pvp cool ideas, the pve is autopilot , where is the imagination and innovation? Pet Battles whether you like it or not is a cool idea, and was diff than everything else, the farm idea in panda was cool, but I mean large scale mind blowing ideas. People in these forum ( one called how to make WOW better ) had such cool ideas and they are not developers. Blizz has the money to do what they want but who knows where it is going cause it aint towards wow thats for sure. This xpac is cut paste gg

Quote Originally Posted by Lumicide View Post
    Hate the player, not the game. (or Hate the sinner, not the sin.) W-w-wait a minute... For fun, let's go to an extreme to see if that holds up. If Blizzard made WoW into a Flappy Bird clone, would the community still be at fault for not liking the change, or would it be the fault of Blizzard for completely destroying the game?

Eve has increased in popularity over the pats 11 years consistently, WoW has gone down the past 4 of its 10 years. Would it be reasonable to say: the changes to Eve have made it more appealing, and the changes to WoW have made it less appealing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    dyslectic? wtf... so now you're offended, and you have to go attacking me with personal shit?
    it's not my fault you were lying to us with evidence in your signature O.o

1. "I never said when I expected WoD to be released soon, you made summer of 2013 up in your own head."

2. "I hadn't played in 8 months since summer of 2013. It seemed like WoD was going to arrive soon"

what you said in #2 is totally telling me that you didn't play for 8 months because it seemed like WoD was going to arrive soon...
    so my question to you was; how could you believe that WoD was going to release soon when it wasn't even announced?
    your post is filled with a bunch of lies, you're just jumping on the train with all those "i don't care if WoW lost 50% of it's playerbase, it's the best right now" people.

but you failed.
    you haven't even been playing for 1 year yet you want to support the game for what it is now?
    please play the game, clear Siege of Orgrimmar and all that ridiculous shit first. THEN you shall have my attention.

i'm moving forward now, this is not what i wanted to talk about.
    i'm just very surprised of how many people that has been spamming this forum telling us that
    "lfr is for noobs, flex too, i jump straight to NORMAL"
    but they forget they have armory links in their signature... and their characters are full LFR gear or worse.
    seriously, you're are not the first one.
    Not offended at all.. if anything I'm offending myself by putting time into replying to your posts that are beyond ridiculous.
    If anyone started with the personal attacks it was you when you mentioned my armory.
    And the one thing that is more ridiculous than anything you've typed is this:

"your post is filled with a bunch of lies, you're just jumping on the train with all those "i don't care if WoW lost 50% of it's playerbase, it's the best right now" people."
    I explicitly told from my very first post in this thread that I do not support LFR and am a supporter of only they put effort in the game should get the best gear.
    I played since summer of 2010, so what you said is not suprisingly incorrect once again.
    Looks like I already got your full attention, since you're pretty much responding to all my posts in a matter of hours.
    Did you even take a good look at my dk? I literally have no lfr pieces on my dps set and 2 pieces on my offspec.

You have so much knowledge, good sir. You have been on this forum for a month (?) yet claim you've seen everything. Being part of the 10-18 year old crowd has me laughing hard at you for probably being another 25+ guy who has nothing to do beside whining about WoW and how "the spark is long lost". Also like how you go back and edit your post after you posted it.

yeah those guys are just talking bullshit.

@ my realms... i can't even get into a HC guild with my 563 geared alt... i need ATLEAST 570...
    those guys trying to tell me that i should jump straight to HC with blue gear? then "wtf" is what i have to say.
    i will get SOOOOOOO REJECTED. even with full ToT HC gear, there's NO WAY IN HELL that i will ever be accepted into a group/guild what so ever... you guys are being ridiculous. i have done HC, i have done NORMAL, i have done more then most of you people that come here whining about my thread.

it don't matter how many achievements i show, how many main/alts with the achievements i show...
    they wouldn't invite me simply because MY HP IS SO DAMN LOW, I WILL DIE FROM 1x SWELLING PRIDE for example, i will die instantly at any boss with AOE that covers the whole room... simply because i have TOO LOW HP.

i am forced to farm LFR/FLEX/NORMAL so that i won't get 1 hit by unavoidable AOE in HC.
    so don't come here with all your bullcrap.
    So, you could either apply for a guild that's not on your realm?
    What guild did you apply for? Since a 563geared player without enough experience didn't stand much chance in my guild either. Currently still trying to join a progress guild is kind of 'meh'. Most guilds who haven't gotten it down with 4/4 upgrades rolling in are using a wrong tactic, not playing optimal or just not giving a shit.

So, what you're saying is, you're farming content up untill you can do HC mode? Just like in Classic / TBC?
    Doing ZG/MC to get into BWL to get into AQ40 etc...
    Isn't this the model that you liked? Since outside of it being purely SoO, there isn't much diffrence to be honest. Doesn't matter if you do shit like MC/BWL time and time again or Siege. It's going to get repetative. Always was and always has been.

And honestly, any guild saying that you won't survive mechanics on HC mode in TOT gear is full of shit. But that hasn't gotten anything to do with the game.
    Those are the players being ignorant. Or you doing an application to the wrong guild. If their players are dying on swelling pride because of 'gear' I've got some bad news for them.

I started HC progress with 550ilvl.

yeah those guys are just talking bullshit.

@ my realms... i can't even get into a HC guild with my 563 geared alt... i need ATLEAST 570...
    those guys trying to tell me that i should jump straight to HC with blue gear? then "wtf" is what i have to say.
    i will get SOOOOOOO REJECTED. even with full ToT HC gear, there's NO WAY IN HELL that i will ever be accepted into a group/guild what so ever... you guys are being ridiculous. i have done HC, i have done NORMAL, i have done more then most of you people that come here whining about my thread.

it don't matter how many achievements i show, how many main/alts with the achievements i show...
    they wouldn't invite me simply because MY HP IS SO DAMN LOW, I WILL DIE FROM 1x SWELLING PRIDE for example, i will die instantly at any boss with AOE that covers the whole room... simply because i have TOO LOW HP.

i am forced to farm LFR/FLEX/NORMAL so that i won't get 1 hit by unavoidable AOE in HC.
    so don't come here with all your bullcrap.
    Somehow I'm not surprise that guilds don't want you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Again, are we going to resort to subscribers to decide which design was the best ?

I don't know much about EvE online, but i'm pretty sure it's a niche, its subscribers might have increased over the years, but how many subscribers are we talking about?
    I didn't equate quality and subscribers. I was going for 'the developers are at fault for the game's condition'. The person I quoted said it was the players who were at fault instead (which is silly).
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Interesting analogy. Lets continue and say Blizzard did make that change, and the lost the existing customers but gains an equal or larger customer base. Would it be Blizzard's fault for the change?

Eve certainly has proved its endurance in the MMO, especially considering the other failures, TSW, SwoToR, LoR just to name a few. But just taking one facets of available information and use that as a basis of comparison is rather naive. What would be interesting to see is the player turn over. How many new players Eve is attracting and retaining, how many long terms subscribers, active players etc.
    Uh yea, that would be the consequence of their actions.

Deleted
    I didn't equate quality and subscribers. I was going for 'the developers are at fault for the game's condition'. The person I quoted said it was the players who were at fault instead (which is silly).

Uh yea, that would be the consequence of their actions.
    75% of todays WoW Playerbase will love WoW no matter what happens, they will always defend WoW... even if they remove cross realm and looking for dungeon for example. the gameplay will be the exact same... only... we will not have to wait in queue 15 minutes to find a party to go to a dungeon, we will find it faster through general chat

75% of todays WoW Playerbase will love WoW no matter what happens, they will always defend WoW... even if they remove cross realm and looking for dungeon for example. the gameplay will be the exact same... only... we will not have to wait in queue 15 minutes to find a party to go to a dungeon, we will find it faster through general chat
    Seriously, what's up with your delusions? Finding group through chat was never ever fast, especially for leveling or not so popular dungeons.

And please, stop pulling numbers from your arse.

You can't blame everything on the developpers, the market changes, customers demands increase over the years, marketing wants to change things and what not.
    It's not just "Developpers made bad decision" or even "Blizzard made bad decisions", there are external factors that favored the subs loss.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The spark is up to us. The best thing I find to rekindle that spark is to take a nice long break from WoW. I usually go full bore and I stop reading news, forums, anything to do with the game. My last break was approximately 12 - 16 months. I've come back and played a few weeks at max 90 on a couple characters. Now I'm just leveling up Horde side on a pvp server to have a new character for WoD, the traditional way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    The spark is up to us. The best thing I find to rekindle that spark is to take a nice long break from WoW. I usually go full bore and I stop reading news, forums, anything to do with the game. My last break was approximately 12 - 16 months. I've come back and played a few weeks at max 90 on a couple characters. Now I'm just leveling up Horde side on a pvp server to have a new character for WoD, the traditional way.
    I quit in early Cata after playing since vanilla. Came back in late MoP, but quit before my month of playtime was up. Blizzard has completely destroyed the heart and soul of the game to a point where I don't even consider MoP the same game that I used to love.

This is actually brilliant, I've never thought of this. I think next time I take break, I'll do the same thing. It seems a bit difficult to do but I think its a great solution.

To the OP, I do feel the same a way. That spark that WoW had is very rare for me in a game, and even rarer when I can continue to play it. I have about 4000 hours on WoW and I really felt like for the majority of that time I was playing something really special. Now when I log into WoW, it just feels like a game, one of the hundreds if not thousands that I own. WoW used to feel like something more and its kind of sad that its lost its effect on me.

This really only started for me in MoP though, so I can only hope that WoD will reinvigorate my desire to play the game.

Deleted
    this is what i've been doing since wotlk... i always come back to the game every now and then just to check on it... but idk :3 no friends, single player... it gets boring again pretty quick!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    To the OP, I do feel the same a way. That spark that WoW had is very rare for me in a game, and even rarer when I can continue to play it. I have about 4000 hours on WoW and I really felt like for the majority of that time I was playing something really special. Now when I log into WoW, it just feels like a game, one of the hundreds if not thousands that I own. WoW used to feel like something more and its kind of sad that its lost its effect on me.

This really only started for me in MoP though, so I can only hope that WoD will reinvigorate my desire to play the game.
    i feel very sorry for you, since i can relate... and i too are hoping for brighter days in WoD.. which actually looks very promising!

i remember when making a TWINK was actually fun because you'd be overpower and troll people in BG... nowday if u queue BG with a twink you get opponents that are also twinks... why would you even want to make a twink then? XD
    Really, if I didn't want to give an opinion on this, you would have completly lost my interest in your post there.

you should have to start from the beginning.... normal dungeon -> Heroic dungeon -> first raid, second raid, third raid and THEN Siege of Orgrimmar
    Go ahead and do it. Use the Forums and Open Raid to find people who are interested in doing so (not so hard) and go have fun. Why should others being able to skip content you enjoy doing stop you from ejoying it?

I've joined late in the expansion on a new account, and done exactly that. Cleared all raids by order using OpenRaid to find people, and I now have a full regular 10man group raiding weekly, 13/14 on SoO10n.

but it's a whole other thing if we're talking about 3-4 unique raids every week... right?
    The raids are still there, if they are not ran weekly it's the player's option, not really the game's fault.

"you want epics? sure just /claim epics... they're free, go ahead take them!"
    ep·ic [ep-ik]: heroic; majestic; impressively great: the epic events of the war."
    does it look like Epic is still... epic to you?
    I still is pretty epic to see a full heroic warforged geared player

"oh you're queueing as a dps? just hold on a minute... or 15... no wait u must wait 30 minutes sorry!"
    Yes. Getting into dungeons and raids was so much easier and mainstream on Vanilla. <_<

TL;DR:
    You are not describing a better or even a good game (by today's standarts).

You are describing good memories of old and (now) bad mechanics. Good memories of gear mostly used to boost the player's epeen. Good memories of a time-intensive grindfest that rewarded players with virtual "cookies" instead of actual fun and enjoyable gameplay.

The game may have many flaws now, but being less like Vanilla (in the ways I described) is not (imo) one of them.

Or, to sum it up:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    The spark is lost because you can't enjoy a product forever, not because it has lost its quality over time. You're just inventing reasons to try and justify it's the game's fault and not yours that you're not enjoying an old product anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Really, if I didn't want to give an opinion on this, you would have completly lost my interest in your post there.

Go ahead and do it. Use the Forums and Open Raid to find people who are interested in doing so (not so hard) and go have fun. Why should others being able to skip content you enjoy doing stop you from ejoying it?

I've joined late in the expansion on a new account, and done exactly that. Cleared all raids by order using OpenRaid to find people, and I now have a full regular 10man group raiding weekly, 13/14 on SoO10n.

The raids are still there, if they are not ran weekly it's the player's option, not really the game's fault.

I still is pretty epic to see a full heroic warforged geared player

Yes. Getting into dungeons and raids was so much easier and mainstream on Vanilla. <_<

TL;DR:
    You are not describing a better or even a good game (by today's standarts).

You are describing good memories of old and (now) bad mechanics. Good memories of gear mostly used to boost the player's epeen. Good memories of a time-intensive grindfest that rewarded players with virtual "cookies" instead of actual fun and enjoyable gameplay.

The game may have many flaws now, but being less like Vanilla (in the ways I described) is not (imo) one of them.

Or, to sum it up:
    This guy gets it...

This guy, not so much.
    Besides pulling numbers out of thin air, doing claims that aren't making sense.

If they would remove the random que system like LFR or LFD out of the game, there'd be more rants from players not being able to do anything.
    You're allready complaining no guild wants you. So a random group in General / trade chat would take you in, in a hearthbeat? Without achievements?

We could allso remove cross realm Battlegrounds, because it would only make sense for people on a faction imbalanced server to be fucked aswell.

Good luck on that one.
    Players on a mid / low pop server are now allso doing LFD without the hassle of spamming trade for "15minutes" to find a group or looking for more.

You'd rather sit still in a city spamming "LFM: Scarlet Halls" than actually joining a que and doing something during?
    Nobody is stopping you from finding a dungeon group in a chat. Or raid for that matter.

you should have to start from the beginning.... normal dungeon -> Heroic dungeon -> first raid, second raid, third raid and THEN Siege of Orgrimmar
    Are you serious on that one?
    So, you're complaining your alt isn't getting into raids? But you'd rather make a character and doing a fuckton of extra effort doing outdated content?
    It has never been so good for players to unsub / resub and pick in again.

TL;DR You just seem to be someone trying to get as much reactions as possible. In need of some attention, is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by alexke View Post
    This guy gets it...

This guy, not so much.
    No lol, that guy misses it completely. The flawed logic he's using makes me nauseous at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    the game, storyline, development community evolve over time. simple
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    For experiencing the quality raids they must do the raids at a serious level. But they lack any will for progression or challenge on their own and just stay in LFR mode while bitching about the low quality and challenge of raids.
    LFM Flex, 550+, pst!

And you wonder why so many folks are content to just stay in LFR. (or prior to that, didn't bother raiding at all). This game has changed drastically, and in many ways not for the better, but this community is universally it's own worst enemy.

LFM Flex, 550+, pst!
    Organized groups. The best way to combat silly Trade Chat PUG requirements.

Deleted
    Bought myself PSP 2007 which I was over the moon, then I discovered GTA/WoW and after I stop using it and got bored of it. You played WoW, you experienced raiding first time and you enjoyed the progress over the years you see same stuff, raiding, dungeons, and pvp, 3 asepcts that are the same, kill kill and kill +loot, now it is not unique to obtain tier 16 as you did in tier 6. Small things don't matter no more and then nothing matters, quit the game and do something else, because you will never the spark back