Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

1000+ Days played (7.5 hours per day for 9 years) = No life?

I just saw on one of the streams and that was posted at the top of the screen.

OMG, how does one spend so much time playing this game? You would think that people would get out and be social, or do other things than play a game. It just seemed super excessive to me.

Does anyone else think thats excessive?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

OMG, how does one spend so much time playing this game? You would think that people would get out and be social, or do other things than play a game. It just seemed super excessive to me.

Does anyone else think thats excessive?
    It's excessive if they are not progressing with their life. Otherwise, no one has the right to judge what another does and deem it unworthy or lesser. If that's what floats their boat, good for them. Furthermore, "having a life" is completely subjective and varies from not only person to person but state to state and even country to country. /thread

Who are you to judge what someone spends their time doing?

You seem to spend your day thinking up new shitthreads to post on MMO-Champion, so he probably has a better life than you at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oALUNqVWQoQ

Infracted. Removed the YouTube coding as well.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-08-23 at 12:16 AM.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    It's excessive if they are not progressing with their life. Otherwise, no one has the right to judge what another does and deem it unworthy or lesser. If that's what floats their boat, good for them. Furthermore, "having a life" is completely subjective and varies from not only person to person but state to state and even country to country. /thread
    I think that sitting in a chair, playing a computer game for hours on end is not wise for your health and social status. Having examples who stream like this for our children dont lead to a productive society. I just cant believe anyone has 1000+ days played. My jaw dropped.

Deleted
    well not necessarily

cuz u could play 15 hours on one day and hang out with friends the other day in theory

in practice: yeah no life.

They obviously enjoy the game.
    You do not enjoy committing that amount of time.
    Another player you pick out gets different things out of the game than you do.
    Imagine that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    depends on a lot of factors.

How much time is just sat idling somewhere chatting to guildies and friends ? I know I have racked up lots of time doing this over multiple characters.
    How much of it was AFK scanning the AH.
    What % of that time is actually spent in raids & PvP ?
    How long has he been logged in and is actually AFK ?
    Did he ever bot and not get caught ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    well not necessarily

cuz u could play 15 hours on one day and hang out with friends the other day in theory

in practice: yeah no life.
    I mean he averages 7.5 hours per day over NINE (9) years. Thats just crazy to me...

It honestly depends on your socioeconomic standings.

For example, for a very long time, one of my officers was a kid not too much younger than me, whose father had died when he was very young and left him a trust fund.

He basically won't have to work until he's in his 40s at the earliest, so all he does is play WoW and dick around.

Maybe this guy has a similar situation.

Think you did answer it yourself there.

It was on a stream so maybe the one you watched used the game to make a living streaming ? ...... so it was his/her fulltime job

If not well im not gonna tell others how to live there lives.

I think that sitting in a chair, playing a computer game for hours on end is not wise for your health and social status. Having examples who stream like this for our children dont lead to a productive society. I just cant believe anyone has 1000+ days played. My jaw dropped.
    It's easy to play devil's advocate and say they could simply do calisthenics and other workouts while waiting in between ques (like me) but that's not normally the case. If you can be a functioning member of society and still play 7.5 hours a day, more power to you. That number is pretty staggering though, agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Think you did answer it yourself there.

It was on a stream so maybe the one you watched used the game to make a living streaming ? ...... so it was his/her fulltime job

If not well im not gonna tell others how to live there lives.
    Even so, its not productive, and that kind of example for our children is not a good one to set. Wouldn't you rather have your children be productive, contributing members of society, instead of couch potatoes playing video games?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    It's easy to play devil's advocate and say they could simply do calisthenics and other workouts while waiting in between ques (like me) but that's not normally the case. If you can be a functioning member of society and still play 7.5 hours a day, more power to you. That number is pretty staggering though, agreed.
    Especially over 9 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    1000 x 24 = 24000: (9x 365)=7.3 hours

However we need to count afk time, wich is probaly 3/4 of that time. Wich of cose is 2-3 hours a day. (some days more, some days less)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, who needs a life. My WoW account went active January 2007 and I took 10 month off (3 during cata, 7 during mop) and still show as 915 days /played, not including deleted characters.

I could see people with way more than that.

Is spending time enjoying yourself in a game any worse than creating threads on forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    The "no life" "argument" is so childish. Ugh, as if people are entitled to tell other people their hobbies aren't "valid".

Also, people had played 1000 days in this game back in 2012. Not really a bid deal.

Oh my god, some people have worked the same job for 20+ years! 6-8 hours per day! They have no life!
    Oh my god, some guy does something he enjoys! He has no life!
    Oh my god, some guy over there is breathing. He has no life!

Especially over 9 years.
    They really, really like WoW or maybe they're making bank off streaming. I'd imagine you'd be pretty good with 1,000+ days played racked up even if 150 or more of those are AFK/Traveling/Ques etc.

Wouldn't you rather have your children be productive, contributing members of society
    Some people don't fucking care about society and just want to watch the world burn while enjoying their life. You can't blame them really.

I swear no body ever looks at Jay's avatar...

Anyone know the record for /played time on one toon?