Quote Originally Posted by Gaagii View Post
    No flying means I can finally play WoW and not be tempted to skip content to reach my objective. People who want flight just want their reward without having to work for it.
    No flight allows you to skip trivial content. Seriously how many times do you want to kill mobs that pose no threat challenge or reward ... how long will that be fun honestly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    The only thing I see in this thread is clouded judgement caused by extreme bais
    I have no bias (although I really don't like PVP in this game) and because I play every aspect of the game I can see the negative effects it is going to have on the majority of players .. and I can even see the possibility of the positive effects it may have in PVP. However the possibility of positive effects on PVP do not weigh out the negative effects it would have on the rest of the non instanced game.

That being said since I don't see one aspect being more important than the other.. I am about as unbiased as you can get.

I have even said multiple times that no flight could work, it could give Blizzard the ability to create some very innovative and original content. The problem is beta didn't deliver.

So in the current state of WoW taking flight away from WoD for more then a few months is bad game design not beneficial to the player.

I think that hard on you have for WPVP is depriving your brain of some much needed oxygen, or maybe that is just your Bias talking?

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I think that hard on you have for WPVP is depriving your brain of some much needed oxygen, or maybe that is just your Bias talking?
    I barely even bring up WPvP. And you've exhausted that line the first 10 times you've used it. Got anything original?

No flying means I can finally play WoW and not be tempted to skip content to reach my objective. People who want flight just want their reward without having to work for it.
    I'll just put this here, it was in reply to another post in another topic, but it relates to why flying is important to me. (it was in response to someone who felt their character was complete after getting a ground mount and didn't understand the appeal to fly in an RPG)

You may have, but I did not share the feeling. Sure, it was better then walking, but I wanted to fly from when I first took flight paths and longed to be able to deviate from the path because I loved looking at the world from the sky. I always wanted my own gryphon. Then later I wanted my own dragon. I was so, so excited that BC was adding flight. It improved the game for me so much. To never again take to the skies on my own mount in a new place, fly freely, swoop down a waterfall, or do loops around a bridge, dive down into a canyon or valley, skim the treetops, see the beautiful views from the sky without being handcuffed to a flight path.... that just makes the game totally unappealing to me.

And adding that I was a hardcore raider for over 6 years, in top 1% guilds. I was burned out by Cata, took a break, played for a while again last year, and now it's not compatible with my life to hardcore raid anymore because I have a more demanding job and I am a parent. But I worked my ass off for a lot of years to beat the hardest content. I just like flying. I want more zones like Storm Peaks and Icecrown, zones that have great stories while also being designed with the assumption of the players having flight. I am very sad and disappointed that Blizzard has moved away from that to countless no fly islands, and now culminating in an entire no fly expansion. Leveling was about the only thing in Cata I didn't hate. Now that I can't really raid anymore (yes, I can do LFR and flex, but I don't find those interesting past the first clear, I quickly get frustrated with people not grasping such basic things after my years as a hardcore raider), the world outside instances means even more to me than it used to - and the world without flying just doesn't have that magic for me and feels regressive and artificially restrictive.

No flight allows you to skip trivial content. Seriously how many times do you want to kill mobs that pose no threat challenge or reward ... how long will that be fun honestly?
    So you admit that you want flight just to skip content and pick up your reward?

Why bother even playing WoW if that's what you want? I'd just pick up Skyrim and console command it if I were you since that's the kind of gameplay you seem to enjoy.

Why bother even playing WoW if that's what you want? I'd just pick up Skyrim and console command it if I were you since that's the kind of gameplay you seem to enjoy.
    Where did I say that?

I said it "Flight allows you to skip trivial content. Seriously how many times do you want to kill mobs that pose no threat challenge or reward" .

Now reading that again do you see the problem with your statement?

Flight allows you to skip trivial content while on your way to relevant or at the very least interesting content.

Even Skyrim has a convienent method of fast travel does it not? (just joking I played and the game plenty I know it does) Most games unless they are linear or plat formers have a fast convenient method of travel that allows you to by pass trivial content ... WoW doesn't.

I barely even bring up WPvP. And you've exhausted that line the first 10 times you've used it. Got anything original?
    Ok fair enough you haven't brought it up for awhile. That being said I have been here long enough to know the massive hard on you have for it.

As far as having anything original .. I don't know do you... yah didn't think so.

He is not skipping to the reward.. he skipping useless mobs and going straight for the boss that drops what he wants. He still has to kill it but he gets to ignore mobs that aren't a threat. How does the compare to using a console command to instantly give him things...

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    As far as having anything original .. I don't know do you... yah didn't think so.
    Good one.

How does the compare to using a console command to instantly give him things...
    Have you USED CC in Skyrim? It allows you to skip content and reward yourself with shiny Daedric weapons. It also allowed you to fly through the air and quickly reach your destination, thus skipping content and the sense of progression. Just like flight in WoW currently does. (Not that CC was designed for that or anything, mind you, but it still allowed you to)

There's nothing wrong with admitting to wanting your "fix" (rewards) in WoW. Just admit you want to skip content and get shiny trinkets without working for it. Because honestly, that's all I am seeing you guys wanting flight for.
    Last edited by Gaagii; 2014-08-25 at 02:19 AM.

Just making up information. Nothing to see here folks. No wonder nobody takes you seriously.
    Really??? You know they take your comments no more serious than mine? You are barkloud that does not want flying.

No flying isn't the end of the world. The environment is supposed to be good so I don't mind it.

Have you USED CC in Skyrim? It allows you to skip content and reward yourself with shiny Daedric weapons. It also allowed you to fly through the air and quickly reach your destination, thus skipping content and the sense of progression. Just like flight in WoW currently does. (Not that CC was designed for that or anything, mind you, but it still allowed you to)

There's nothing wrong with admitting to wanting your "fix" (rewards) in WoW. Just admit you want to skip content and get shiny trinkets without working for it. Because honestly, that's all I am seeing you guys wanting flight for.
    Nope. If there were some other equally convenient way to move around, skip content I did already, I would still want flying. I just love flying. I've wanted it since I first played WoW as I said before when I went on flight paths and wished I could control it because it was so damn cool. No flying in WoD means I am prevented from doing something I love in 100% of new areas... no thanks... all these excessive no fly zones in MoP were bad enough. A whole continent, no thanks. I want more zones like IC and SP not this crap...

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Nope. If there were some other equally convenient way to move around, skip content I did already, I would still want flying. I just love flying. I've wanted it since I first played WoW as I said before when I went on flight paths and wished I could control it because it was so damn cool. No flying in WoD means I am prevented from doing something I love in 100% of new areas... no thanks... all these excessive no fly zones in MoP were bad enough. A whole continent, no thanks. I want more zones like IC and SP not this crap...

Have you ever played Diddy Kong Racing? That game was built with flight in mind and it's a lot of fun, very competitive. I'd recommend it for your flying needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    direction of sonic the hedgehog
    My point is that flight has never been a major feature of WoW, but just a convenient way to travel around. In other words, WoW isn't a game that focuses on flight mechanics. Diddy Kong Racing, however, IS a game that focused heavily on flight. Hence why I'd recommend you play that instead.

My point is that flight has never been a major feature of WoW, but just a convenient way to travel around. In other words, WoW isn't a game that focuses on flight mechanics. Diddy Kong Racing, however, IS a game that focused heavily on flight. Hence why I'd recommend you play that instead.
    Flight has been the main source of transportation in the game for the past 7 years. I would argue we spend more time traveling than questing. It is a HUGE feature. To say it is a major feature would be to understate its value. Without flying our transportation is being reduced by 66% forcing us to use flight paths which are uniform ally hated by everyone.

I have made a couple of flight path threads. Almost no one stays in game during flight paths. Real immersive.

Flight has been the main source of transportation in the game for the past 7 years. I would argue we spend more time traveling than questing. It is a HUGE feature. To say it is a major feature would be to understate its value. Without flying our transportation is being reduced by 66% forcing us to use flight paths which are uniform ally hated by everyone.

I have made a couple of flight path threads. Almost no one stays in game during flight paths. Real immersive.
    So why does almost no one care about it being gone if it's such a major feature?

Oh, and flying over the world 100% of the time. Real immersive.

Way to misquote me... I am still working for it. If I kill the boss that drops my quest item or kill the rare that drops "x" vanity item. Quickly reaching my destination where I will still have to quest... That isn't anywhere near as powerful as cc which just gives me anything I want with a command line. Stop being irrational. No, I don't mind flying being removed for the first patch but after 6.1 when I get my full season 16 gear and two shot everything but rares and the rare challenging quest mobs bring back flight. That and I want to see zones from a top view when they're obsolete and everyone is in loot pinata land 2.0.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-08-25 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    So why does almost no one care about it being gone if it's such a major feature?

Oh, and flying over the world 100% of the time. Real immersive.
    At least you are playing while flying, which is more than can be said for flight paths.

How is running at super slow speeds on a road you have travelled 1000 times getting dismounted by pointless trash mobs fun?

It does not sound fun to me. People are going to freak when they realize flying is gone. Freak.

Lol, almost no one comes to these forums and we have an almost 900 page thread. What will happen when general population figures it out.

At least you are playing while flying, which is more than can be said for flight paths.

How is running at super slow speeds on a road you have travelled 1000 times getting dismounted by pointless trash mobs fun?

It does not sound fun to me. People are going to freak when they realize flying is gone. Freak.

Lol, almost no one comes to these forums and we have an almost 900 page thread. What will happen when general population figures it out.
    I feel like, after reading many of your posts, you have absolutely no understanding of this game what so ever, or the people who play it.

Furthermore, your posts are ALL LIES.

"To say it is a major feature would be to understate its value" - Laughably wrong.

"Without flying our transportation is being reduced by 66%" - Completely arbitrary percentage. Not even close to factual.

"forcing us to use flight paths which are uniform ally hated by everyone" - Wrong.

"getting dismounted by pointless trash mobs fun?" - Being dismounted doesn't even happen that often. Unless you intentionally pull dozens of mobs.

"People are going to freak when they realize flying is gone. Freak." - Keep telling yourself that.

I feel like, after reading many of your posts, you have absolutely no understanding of this game what so ever, or the people who play it.

Furthermore, your posts are ALL LIES.

"To say it is a major feature would be to understate its value" - Laughably wrong.

"Without flying our transportation is being reduced by 66%" - Completely arbitrary percentage. Not even close to factual.

"forcing us to use flight paths which are uniform ally hated by everyone" - Wrong.

"getting dismounted by pointless trash mobs fun?" - Being dismounted doesn't even happen that often. Unless you intentionally pull dozens of mobs.

"People are going to freak when they realize flying is gone. Freak." - Keep telling yourself that.
    Yeah, it's all wrong! Because reasons!

I like how you state "you're wrong" and "all lies!", but you can't be bothered to tell us how they're wrong. Your post are some of the more comical of the anti-flight posts people make.

Because you're WRONG! I don't need to tell you why you're wrong, but you need to know that you're dead wrong on all accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.