Why are PvP sets more exclusive than PvE tiers?

Old tier sets (even heroic version, and in time, mythic) can easily be farmed by anyone solo if you want them for transmog. PvP sets however(the elite versions), become unobtainable once their season is over.

Why are PvP sets more exclusive? Does this bother anyone else?

Remember, in WoD the elite and mythic sets won't just be recolors, they actually have unique models, and IMO the PvP sets are looking better than the tier sets. So again, why are only PvP sets this exclusive, why are they made unobtainable when the season is over, instead of being available for honor in later expansions, like they did with WOTLK sets? It seems more fair to me, if both PvP and PvE sets can be obtained more easily in later expansions. If it's about the bragging rights, well it's all about having the gear when it's current, so what does it matter, and why should it matter more to PvP players in particular?

Deleted
    Half of me thinks that pvp players deserve to have those exclusive sets because it can be very hard to get the high ratings. Half of me agrees with you as it's art wasted and I rarely see any pvpers transmogrifying them because a lot of pvp players dont care about cosmetics and just like pvp.

Some sets like the mage sets where the high rated set is a fire recolor of the set seems unfair when if you're a fire mage and want to have the fire colours it's a bit unfair.

PvP and PvE are 2 different things, 2 different ways of obtaining gear. Deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Half of me thinks that pvp players deserve to have those exclusive sets because it can be very hard to get the high ratings.
    THIS^ basicly. The elite PvP set is there to show of that you were able to obtain high rating during THAT season. So tbh with you I think it is great that people can't buy old PvP items. I myself want to have the elite Vicious set for Rogues because I think the vicious is the best Rogue set and I like red more than blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reikar View Post
    THIS^ basicly. The elite PvP set is there to show of that you were able to obtain high rating during THAT season. So tbh with you I think it is great that people can't buy old PvP items. I myself want to have the elite Vicious set for Rogues because I think the vicious is the best Rogue set and I like red more than blue.
    So why isn't this same mindset applied to mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So why isn't this same mindset applied to mounts?
    It is. See Plagued and Black proto drakes, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Next time before making a thread try to at least have a reasonable discussion topic and not use this forum to rant about simple matters.

Quote Originally Posted by eja216 View Post
    The mounts from the easiest raid gated by a ridiculous DC check back when the servers were much less stable today, and therefore removed due to how many people obtained them so quickly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

From someone who used to play when all the endgame gear was exclusive: PvP gear was way more exclusive in the beginning.
    The "get a guild and get lucky with RNG" was nothing compared to the "earn more honor points than all the other players in your faction this week". Since then PvP changed a few times, but always retained the "ranking" element where the top rewards was tied to your performance relative to others at the time. This kind of mechanic does not allow for the rewards to be obtainable later, or it would totally void the value they once had.
    It is like giving out last year's Champion's League trophy to all the clubs that quality for this years tournament... not gonna happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantrithor View Post
    Old tier sets (even heroic version, and in time, mythic) can easily be farmed by anyone solo if you want them for transmog. PvP sets however(the elite versions), become unobtainable once their season is over.

Why are PvP sets more exclusive? Does this bother anyone else?

Remember, in WoD the elite and mythic sets won't just be recolors, they actually have unique models, and IMO the PvP sets are looking better than the tier sets. So again, why are only PvP sets this exclusive, why are they made unobtainable when the season is over, instead of being available for honor in later expansions, like they did with WOTLK sets? It seems more fair to me, if both PvP and PvE sets can be obtained more easily in later expansions. If it's about the bragging rights, well it's all about having the gear when it's current, so what does it matter, and why should it matter more to PvP players in particular?
    With them not being recolors as of next expac I expect those sets to be available in some fashion after the season is over for x-mog enthusiasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because PvE gets progressively easier as a content patch goes on and PvP retains almost the same difficulty throughout the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two way different things.

PvE is progression and drop gear. While PvP is seasonal and currency gear.

You can't really match their prices, specially not since you can easily gear PvP gear compaired to share PvE gear.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by eja216 View Post
    And see Mimiron's Head, Ashes, Invincible, and many others as a counter example. If old content is deemed irrelevant across the board, then it should be done so in a consistent fashion.