10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    How is running at super slow speeds on a road you have travelled 1000 times getting dismounted by pointless trash mobs fun?
    A bit over exaggeration. I've played like 7-8 years and haven't been dismounted that many times. And I bet that we've this 900 pages long thread, because almost everything is just repeating what has already been said earlier.

You can't get the idea of "I'm playing the game while flying" into anti-fliers mind or... well, at least mine due the fact that we're thinking differently. Different opinions, different ideals, different goals for game development.

I've given up with the idea of trying to influence others opinion - I'm just pointing out my point of view in the matter and trying to get Blizzard to develop the game into my favor, in the way which I enjoy more. I'd guess you're doing the same, who would try to make the game worse for themselves?

A bit like in General discussion's "LFR topic", I simply posted that I'd want for LFR and 5-man heroics to co-exist and work as alternatives for each-other with each of them having their own purposes. Flying- and ground-mounts could also co-exist, but that again would need some hefty changes to not drive the other form of travel useless. 310% vs 100%, same distances between point A and B - how many would willingly choose the slower way? A few maybe, but majority would choose flying due the fact that it's faster and easier, nothing to dodge expect few tall mountains and no annoying hindrances on the "path".

And then again, how many would be happy if Blizzard would take them into development table "Should we do this?".

"Guess what, players, we're slowing your flying mounts down after seven years of flying."

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, it's all wrong! Because reasons!

I like how you state "you're wrong" and "all lies!", but you can't be bothered to tell us how they're wrong. Your post are some of the more comical of the anti-flight posts people make.

Because you're WRONG! I don't need to tell you why you're wrong, but you need to know that you're dead wrong on all accounts.
    Did you even bother to read his post? I don't need to explain why he's wrong when he says things like "uniformally hated" and makes up arbitrary percentages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    God forbid anything inconveniences these entitled carebears. Something might get in my way? LET ME FLY OVER EVERYTHING!?
    I am NOT an "entitled carebear" and I want flight. And I don't want to fly over everything, I just want to fly over boring and tedious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    The only thing I see in this thread is clouded judgement caused by extreme bais
    Extreme bias is your middle name, give me a break!

At least you are playing while flying, which is more than can be said for flight paths.

How is running at super slow speeds on a road you have travelled 1000 times getting dismounted by pointless trash mobs fun?

It does not sound fun to me. People are going to freak when they realize flying is gone. Freak.

Lol, almost no one comes to these forums and we have an almost 900 page thread. What will happen when general population figures it out.
    They already have FFS, most people know by now. And you keep saying flight paths take you out of the game like its true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    I am NOT an "entitled carebear" and I want flight. And I don't want to fly over everything, I just want to fly over boring and tedious.
    Which, judging by what I've seen here, equates to everything but what you want. Fliers will always see the world as boring and tedious until it offers them gold or epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaagii View Post
    Have you USED CC in Skyrim? It allows you to skip content and reward yourself with shiny Daedric weapons. It also allowed you to fly through the air and quickly reach your destination, thus skipping content and the sense of progression. Just like flight in WoW currently does. (Not that CC was designed for that or anything, mind you, but it still allowed you to)

There's nothing wrong with admitting to wanting your "fix" (rewards) in WoW. Just admit you want to skip content and get shiny trinkets without working for it. Because honestly, that's all I am seeing you guys wanting flight for.
    Hey if WoW gave me a instant type transportation to dang near every point of interest on the map like Skyrim does... I wouldn't have a problem with no flight. Problem is it doesn't

So please stop this herp derp you just want the rewards and no challenge. It has been responded to and you continuing with it is just making you look illiterate or dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Orrung View Post
    No flying isn't the end of the world. The environment is supposed to be good so I don't mind it.
    Yah the problem is Blizzard really didn't deliver. Once a couple months pass with no new content I think you will see people start to change their tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaagii View Post
    My point is that flight has never been a major feature of WoW, but just a convenient way to travel around. In other words, WoW isn't a game that focuses on flight mechanics. Diddy Kong Racing, however, IS a game that focused heavily on flight. Hence why I'd recommend you play that instead.
    Flight is the only convenient and fast method of travel in WoW.

As far as it not being a major feature. Well the box from BC and even I think Cata says you are wrong. The fact that every mount sold at the Blizzstore says you are wrong.

Flight has been the main source of transportation in the game for the past 7 years. I would argue we spend more time traveling than questing. It is a HUGE feature. To say it is a major feature would be to understate its value. Without flying our transportation is being reduced by 66% forcing us to use flight paths which are uniform ally hated by everyone.

I have made a couple of flight path threads. Almost no one stays in game during flight paths. Real immersive.
    Pretty much.

At least you are playing while flying, which is more than can be said for flight paths.

The anti fight crowd loves using the buzz word of immersion as a argument but when you bring up Flight paths and how they are nothing more then a reason to alt tab or take a shit they fall silent.

Cause you are right while you are on your flying mount you at least are still in game or at the very least have it as a choice. On a flight path you got nothing to do but sit there.

It isn't

People are going to freak when they realize flying is gone. Freak.
    Only time will tell

Lol, almost no one comes to these forums and we have an almost 900 page thread. What will happen when general population figures it out.
    This is also the first expac where people have been actually requesting pre orders to be refunded.

Still only time will tell.

I feel like, after reading many of your posts, you have absolutely no understanding of this game what so ever, or the people who play it.
    The same can be said for you. Me personally I think people play to have fun. I don't' think people are going to enjoy being nailed to the ground for more then a couple of months. It adds NOTHING to the game.

Furthermore, your posts are ALL LIES.
    Wow you really are bad at this. His posts are his opinions and thoughts so in that respect they can't be lies. Who is showing bias...

"To say it is a major feature would be to understate its value" - Laughably wrong.
    Well the box from BC and I think even Cata disagree with you. The Blizzard store mounts disagree with you. So what now?

"Without flying our transportation is being reduced by 66%" - Completely arbitrary percentage. Not even close to factual.
    Well since the only "new" method of transportation being added to the game is Garrison hearth stone and I would bet it is going to have a very limited effect on how we traverse the world.

The exact percentage we are being slowed down is 67.74% (estimated) that is assuming you have the 310% flying mount.

Now of course you can get the stable for your garrsion increasing you mount speed to 120% (pretty much making that choice mandatory) in that case you are only being slowed down by 61.29%

Now keep in mind these numbers are only reflective if both the ground mount and flying mount are moving in a straight line w/no obstructions. Beings that we know obstructions will exist it doesn't take rocket science to determine the speed we are being slowed down will be much higher.

So although his number was not factual it was still accurate well within the margin of error. So my question to you is this why would you want travel time increased so much?

Cause everything I have stated there is FACT.

"forcing us to use flight paths which are uniform ally hated by everyone" - Wrong.
    I wouldn't say it is wrong I would say it is a pretty safe assumption. I seriously doubt anyone gets to a flight path and is like OMG I can't wait to to do this over and over again.

"getting dismounted by pointless trash mobs fun?" - Being dismounted doesn't even happen that often. Unless you intentionally pull dozens of mobs.
    Oh I remember it quite well from the days of Vanilla. That shit happened more then enough even with out pulling dozens of mobs. Now since we are going back to ground mounts for the sake of those poor Blizzard Devs and suffering share holders of Activision we can expect it again. Except now WoD has even MORE mobs that stun and dismount.

There seriously need to give every class a way to leave combat then IMO

"People are going to freak when they realize flying is gone. Freak." - Keep telling yourself that.
    It doesn't take much to come to that conclusion. WoW has a very casual player base. I find it very hard to believe that after a couple months w/out flight (the only convenient and fast method of travel in the game), that the casual majority will not demand flight be returned ASAP.

Again only time will tell. If I am still on this board when that happens I will be happy to point that out to you and see what <cough> intelligent talking points spew forth from you and Mr. Sith Hamster (I will have to take him off ignore) then.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, it's all wrong! Because reasons!

I like how you state "you're wrong" and "all lies!", but you can't be bothered to tell us how they're wrong. Your post are some of the more comical of the anti-flight posts people make.

Because you're WRONG! I don't need to tell you why you're wrong, but you need to know that you're dead wrong on all accounts.
    Do you really expect anything more. It is rough for them cause they got nothing to back up their talking points but "Blizz says" and "Immersion".

Did you even bother to read his post? I don't need to explain why he's wrong when he says things like "uniformally hated" and makes up arbitrary percentages.
    Try again. You do that same shit with every post.

Same here.

Extreme bias is your middle name, give me a break!
    Yeah but he is delusional enough to say he isnt biased. Doesn't take much to look at his talking points (however pathetic they are) to figure out otherwise though.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-08-25 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which, judging by what I've seen here, equates to everything but what you want. Fliers will always see the world as boring and tedious until it offers them gold or epics.
    Wrong. Completed content that is well below our level is boring and tedious. Been there, done that.

You keep attributing pro-flying with attributes that are false. This is fail and the usual tactic of forum trolls.

Wrong. Completed content that is well below our level is boring and tedious. Been there, done that.

You keep attributing pro-flying with attributes that are false. This is fail and the usual tactic of forum trolls.
    yeah i think that is a problem with many of the anti flight folks. Is they really just don't understand.

It's not completed content, it's the world in which your content lays. God forbid you have to traverse the world in an open world game. What your looking for isn't what WoW is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    yeah i think that is a problem with many of the anti flight folks. Is they really just don't understand.
    We understand, but your lack of interest in the world isn't basis to skip it.

Unfortunately you fliers are delusional beyond helping at this point. The only thing that may snap you out of it is when WoD launches and noone gives a crap about not flying. And when you realize how not hard it is to get around without flying mounts. You've gotten too cozy and you don't want to lose your luxury, that's all this is.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-08-25 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly seeing this thread continuously bumped by the same four people with the same useless arguments is getting tiring. And then they say "lol 900 pages huge issue". Can we have moderators here please?

Sadly , I think you're right. Many simply don't want to understand or can't.

Hell, how many as of late still think pro-flyers want flying while leveling? Which simply isn't what we're debating for.

If I want to play a game that didn't have flight, I'd be there. I like wow and it's ability to allow me to fly at max level when I'm done with the tedious leveling content and when I do grab a quest a max level, I'd like to get there sooner than later and under my own power vs AFK-flight paths and should I see soemthing along the way, stop in and take a look.

Riding on the ground is just not interesting enough after 10 level and seeing the same crap over and over and dealing with blizzard amazing dismount mechanics from a level 90 while I'm level 100.

It's not fun or entertaining. Flying at max level, farming mounts, collecting them running ops for them. That was fun. Even the "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been" was amazing to accomplish and it took a year. Now blizzard wants to trash all that for an undetermined amount of time if not the entire expansions (depending on when they make up their "F"ing mind).

No thank you. There are plenty of other games that seem to be working much harder for my cash than blizzard currently is and don't seem to be removing staple feature that have been in every expansion they have ever had (if they have had any) but I'm not supporting a game company for removal of those types of features thats for sure.

SNIP....

Unfortunately you fliers are delusional beyond helping at this point. The only thing that may snap you out of it is when WoD launches and noone gives a crap about not flying. And when you realize how not hard it is to get around without flying mounts. You've gotten too cozy and you don't want to lose your luxury, that's all this is.
    and just like in vanilla. You'll deal with it because you have no choice but just like at the end of vanilla, going into TBC, you'll once again ask for flying just like the majority of gamers did and wanted. Don't believe me, check out TBC blizzcon.

Flying - Probably the most requested feature ever (except dual spec and a dance studio).
    Last edited by quras; 2014-08-25 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Sadly , I think you're right. Many simply don't want to understand or can't.

Hell, how many as of late still think pro-flyers want flying while leveling? Which simply isn't what we're debating for.

If I want to play a game that didn't have flight, I'd be there. I like wow and it's ability to allow me to fly at max level when I'm done with the tedious leveling content and when I do grab a quest a max level, I'd like to get there sooner than later and under my own power vs AFK-flight paths and should I see soemthing along the way, stop in and take a look.

Riding on the ground is just not interesting enough after 10 level and seeing the same crap over and over and dealing with blizzard amazing dismount mechanics from a level 90 while I'm level 100.

It's not fun or entertaining. Flying at max level, farming mounts, collecting them running ops for them. That was fun. Even the "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been" was amazing to accomplish and it took a year. Now blizzard wants to trash all that for an undetermined amount of time if not the entire expansions (depending on when they make up their "F"ing mind).

No thank you. There are plenty of other games that seem to be working much harder for my cash than blizzard currently is and don't seem to be removing staple feature that have been in every expansion they have ever had (if they have had any) but I'm not supporting a game company for removal of those types of features thats for sure.

and just like in vanilla. You'll deal with it because you have no choice but just like at the end of vanilla, going into TBC, you'll once again ask for flying just like the majority of gamers did and wanted. Don't believe me, check out TBC blizzcon.

Flying - Probably the most requested feature ever (except dual spec and a dance studio).
    you are deluded and quite frankly borderline scary. We're talking about a video game not about middle east crisis or childrens dying of famine bcoz capitalism.

Your place is in a psychiatric hospital tbh. Hope you'll quit wow when wod comes out, dont want you around me.

I feel like, after reading many of your posts, you have absolutely no understanding of this game what so ever, or the people who play it.

Furthermore, your posts are ALL LIES.

"To say it is a major feature would be to understate its value" - Laughably wrong.

"Without flying our transportation is being reduced by 66%" - Completely arbitrary percentage. Not even close to factual.

"forcing us to use flight paths which are uniform ally hated by everyone" - Wrong.

"getting dismounted by pointless trash mobs fun?" - Being dismounted doesn't even happen that often. Unless you intentionally pull dozens of mobs.

"People are going to freak when they realize flying is gone. Freak." - Keep telling yourself that.
    Ummmm

Transportation is a major feature of the game.

Travel speed is going from a straight line at 310% to a curvy backwards who knows what path at 100% speed. 100% is 1/3 of 300%. Making it a reduction of 2/3 or 66% travel speed. I am not sure why you are having a hard time grasping this concept.

Flight paths may not be hated, but one thing is for sure. Most people stop playing the game on a flight path and do something else like respond to your posts on mmo-champ. People stop playing while in a flight path because you lose all control of your player.

People have precious little game time and do not want to needlessly spend it traveling at 100%. Make ground mounts 300% and I would be fine.

This is a 900 page post. There have been 100s like it deleted on mmo champion alone. The forum audience is minuscule compared to the player base. Whether you like flying or hate flying there is a storm coming. As soon as people hit 100 and discover they are going to spend half their time traveling instead of playing.

I have not read anything positive about traveling in beta. Players say it is slow and blizzard says it is not our intention for it to feel that way.

No flying is the most epic nerf of all time. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-08-25 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted

No flying is the most epic nerf of all time. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    No flying is the most epic addition of all time. It will be interesting to see you getting the fuck out of our game (forever please ?)

I fail to understand peoples' obsession with no flying. Sure I do agree that you should remain grounded for the leveling process and what not, but when you hit max level what then? There is no reason for them to remove it from really any stand point. It is more harmful than helpful really... It removes what immersion WoW has and it is also even more time consuming.

0/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Deleted
    Lol, this thread has been a 800 page deja vu made up of close to 20 people calling others dumb, entitled, and disagreeing without end.

What's the fucking purpose of this thread and why is it still open?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Lol, this thread has been a 800 page deja vu made up of close to 20 people calling others dumb, entitled, and disagreeing without end.

Well, you see - there are three camps:

Blizzard defenders (white knights): Will defend blizzard's stance no matter what.

Blizzard haters (douchebags): Will hate blizzard's stance no matter what.

People who live in reality: Understand no flying until level 100 on draenor, but if it is just unavailable entirely - we realize that is a poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You really think too much of yourself if you want to simplify it that way and think your stance is the only right one.

I dislike Blizzard for loads of things but I've been against flying for ages and I think they should stick with no flying, but to you I'm just white knighting Blizzard by saying that I guess.
    Kind of hard to explain why removing convenience is the right thing to do. Especially, when we had flying on the same continent (outlands) but slightly smaller because that was post explosion.

In no way did flying remove anything from the game in BC, but go ahead and explain why everyone should be inconvenienced and try not to make me laugh while you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    I fail to understand peoples' obsession with no flying. Sure I do agree that you should remain grounded for the leveling process and what not, but when you hit max level what then? There is no reason for them to remove it from really any stand point. It is more harmful than helpful really... It removes what immersion WoW has and it is also even more time consuming.

0/10.
    I agree at least at the point where you say time consuming. Blizzard said they do not intend to make travel time consuming or tedious but have failed to mention (or show us in beta) how they are going to accomplish this.

As far as immersion, that is completely subjective. While some may find riding around on ground mounts to be the pinnacle of immersion others don't. Personally I find siting on a flight path where the only thing I have to do is alt tab or walk away from my computer to heavily break immersion. I also find seeing winged mounts running around on the ground like wounded parrots to do much the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post

To attempt at a mild level of success at keeping it down to one thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    No flying is the most epic addition of all time. It will be interesting to see you getting the fuck out of our game (forever please ?)
    Flight may not be the most epic edition to WoW but it is the first and really only original thing they have ever done. Pretty much all WoW does is grab concepts and ideas from other games and make them their own. Not that their is anything wrong with that, I think if WoW does have another expac Wildstar will be a game they will mimic much from.

Now it regards to your post really what is the point, or do you just like being a asshole. He obviously enjoyed or enjoys the game and in entitled to his opinion, and that is what message boards are for. Pro tip if you don't like don't read it, also may want to avoid the Internets if you expect everyone to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    Way to misquote me... I am still working for it. If I kill the boss that drops my quest item or kill the rare that drops "x" vanity item. Quickly reaching my destination where I will still have to quest... That isn't anywhere near as powerful as cc which just gives me anything I want with a command line. Stop being irrational. No, I don't mind flying being removed for the first patch but after 6.1 when I get my full season 16 gear and two shot everything but rares and the rare challenging quest mobs bring back flight. That and I want to see zones from a top view when they're obsolete and everyone is in loot pinata land 2.0.
    You are acting as if flight is the only solution to this issue. It's up to Blizzard to make the obstacles between you and your goal more interesting at level 100. Whether they do or not is in the air, but that doesn't mean flight is the only answer. A lot of the people who want flight don't like flying because they think it's fun, they like it because they want their "fix" without having to work for it.

No one responded to my suggestion about Diddy Kong Racing. If you like flight so much based on the game play of it, that's a game you'd enjoy more.

I agree at least at the point where you say time consuming. Blizzard said they do not intend to make travel time consuming or tedious but have failed to mention (or show us in beta) how they are going to accomplish this.

As far as immersion, that is completely subjective. While some may find riding around on ground mounts to be the pinnacle of immersion others don't. Personally I find siting on a flight path where the only thing I have to do is alt tab or walk away from my computer to heavily break immersion. I also find seeing winged mounts running around on the ground like wounded parrots to do much the same thing.
    Exactly my point, we have Gyphons, Rockets, Wyrvrens (excuse the spelling), and even drakes yet somehow they are all limited to the ground even though they have perfectly fine wings and had no problem carrying us into the air on Azeroth or outlands. Lore wise all of these things are flight capable yet can't fly on Draenor. Makes absolutely no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.