Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The Black...Prince?

So why is Wrathion the black "Prince"? Shouldn't he be the king? And if any sane Blackbrood is left to make claim to the throne, who is he/she?

Also, "Auntie Onixia" leads me to believe he is Nefarian's or some other dragon's son. Not Neltharion's.

PS: I really hope it isn't a case of "Disney Princess" syndrome, where it is simply Prince/Princess to sound cuter...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    So why is Wrathion the black "Prince"? Shouldn't he be the king? And if any sane Blackbrood is left to make claim to the throne, who is he/she?

Also, "Auntie Onixia" leads me to believe he is Nefarian's or some other dragon's son. Not Neltharion's.
    He is not the last black dragon, just the last black dragon that he knows of.

Him referring to Deathwing as his father may not be literal, but he's considered his "father" as he's the leader of the flight.

As for his title as Prince... That may just be because there's no legitimate crown for him to claim, or because there has been no coronation held, akin to "Prince" Kael'thas Sunstrider.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post

Him referring to Deathwing as his father may not be literal, but he's considered his "father" as he's the leader of the flight.

As for his title as Prince... That may just be because there's no legitimate crown for him to claim, or because there has been no coronation held, akin to "Prince" Kael'thas Sunstrider.
    All good points, he could also be a wacky musician from Minneapolis.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    It's just a nickname. Wouldn't be surprised if he calls himself that.

"Prince" can hold the same meaning and authority as "king". In other words; he is, in fact, the king of the Black Dragonflight, but he styles himself as prince.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Wrathion's own half-brother, Sabellian have been chilling in Outland since TBC (possibly before that), and might not have been affected by the infertility-thingy all other dragons suffer from.. However ONE fertile dragon isn't really much worth.. But Wrathion is certainly not the only Black alive...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2014-08-26 at 06:23 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Wrathion's own half-brother, Sabellian have been chilling in Outland since TBC (possibly before that), and might not have been affected by the infertility-thingy all other dragons suffer from.. However ONE fertile dragon isn't really much worth.. But Wrathion is certainly not the only Black alive...
    Perhaps he is of more direct blood to Neltharion than Sabellian is, therefore he would be justly the leader by right of blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always took Deathwing to be the literal father. Deathwing has TONS of kids, Nef and Only were just praised among them. Also, hard to be much of a king without a kingdom. Kael called himself Prince as well, likely because of a combination of daddy issues (Wrathion has those in spades) and a sense of failing his people (Wrathion thinks there are no people to rule).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    'The Black Prince' just sounded more menacing than his fist title 'The Fresh Prince'.
    The Fresh Prince of Blackwing Lair
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Perhaps he is of more direct blood to Neltharion than Sabellian is, therefore he would be justly the leader by right of blood.
    Relatives: Deathwing (father), Sintharia (mother), Onyxia (sister), Nefarian, Barthamus, Neltharaku (brothers), Wrathion (half-brother), Mordenaku (nephew).

It specifically states that DW is Sabellion's dad....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    The Fresh Prince of Blackwing Lair
    Hahahaha beautiful

10+ Year Old Account

PS: I really hope it isn't a case of "Disney Princess" syndrome, where it is simply Prince/Princess to sound cuter...
    Well, he was 'prince' at first, but once the black dragon race was exterminated (as far as he was aware) there was no reason to crown himself king (king of what?) or anyone to do the crowning for him, so he stuck with his original title. Now it just sounds cool.

And incidentally, Deathwing wasn't his immediate biological father - Wrathion regards himself as the last true son of 'Neltharion the Earth-Warder,' as he was the only uncorrupted black dragon in the world and thus the heir to the original, uncorrupted Aspect of the black dragonflight.

Deleted
    I thought it was in reference to the Prince of Persia

Deleted
    What throne are you talking about? Is there any kingdom of black dragonflights? wtf are you talking about.

The Black Prince is just a nickname.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    What throne are you talking about? Is there any kingdom of black dragonflights? wtf are you talking about.

The Black Prince is just a nickname.
    Nickname or not, the Prince must still come from somewhere. He doesn't have to be an actual prince, but Alexstrasza is also called the Dragonqueen.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    'The Black Prince' just sounded more menacing than his fist title 'The Fresh Prince'.
    Well his life got turned quite upsidedown, to be sure.

Black Prince. Well, I sure hope we'll see some Purple Rain soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prince, coming from latin and meaning "the first", could also just show how he sees himself as the first of a new black dragonflight.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Nickname or not, the Prince must still come from somewhere. He doesn't have to be an actual prince, but Alexstrasza is also called the Dragonqueen.
    he is young, despotic, arrogant and unique. Acts like he is better then anyone else. And Alex have at least something to lead and his power comes from gods(titans) so hers nickname is more accurate to her position than character(ofc she dresses and sometime acts like a queen)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Relatives: Deathwing (father), Sintharia (mother), Onyxia (sister), Nefarian, Barthamus, Neltharaku (brothers), Wrathion (half-brother), Mordenaku (nephew).

It specifically states that DW is Sabellion's dad....
    Most named black dragons are accredited as being Deathwing's children.

Many of them are a generation or more removed, but as Dragon physiology isn't explained in any detail, no one can know whether or not Nyxondra was Deathwing's mate at any time, nor can anyone prove it. (Aside from the powers that be)

Also, I'm not 100% sure on the timeline, but didn't Deathwing's disfigurement come after attempting to use the Dragon Soul either during or shortly after the War of the Ancients?

Also, reading the wowpedia article helps: Wrathion's father is unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff