Deleted
    Who Dares Wins 8/10

One of my favourite British movies, and one I have seen several dozen times.
    Telling the story of SAS captain Peter Skellen who infiltrates a terrorist group who attack an American Embassy with a single demand of launching a nuclear strike on a base in Scotland. You can see that it is heavily influenced by what happened in the Iranian embassy siege in 1980, and that the lead terrorist is loosely based off Ulrike Meinhoff of the same era. The main story line is pretty slow moving, but it is setting up the back story of the characters and why they are doing what they are doing. Definitly worth watching if you have not seen it, Sure the acting is a little "TV'ish" and the lines are a little cheesy at times. But it's an 80's movie and that's expected.

Ghostbusters 9/10
    Another of my all time favourites that I have seen at least 20+ times (several of which where at the cinema during its original release)

Not much to be said here, Apart from "We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!"

The Normal Heart - 8/10
    One of my friends told me about it today, after it won the Emmy for best TV-movie, so I watched it. It's about a group of gay people during the early 1980's, where AIDS broke out, and how the government is doing jack-all to help them. It's a better version of Dallas Buyers Club, in my opinion. Definitely worth a watch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    R.I.P.D was an abomination, it did bad because the movie was without a doubt one of the worst movies of the year. It was sceduled to be shown at the local theatre of my city but then they pulled it as they realized noone would watch it (true story).

It's a complete ripoff from Men in Black, except the characters are no fun (Bridges is annoying as hell) and the effects are complete crap!
    No it wasn't. I didnt go see it on big screen because I thought it was a comedy cop drama (never watch cop shows and comedies unless theyre romantic) but that movie was actually really good. I think it deserves at least 7 or 8 out of 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Escape Plan 6.5/10

Stallone being Stallone. Schwarzenegger being Schwarzenegger. Bad dialogue. Great action. The daughter was hot. Jim Caviezel awesome as ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hangover Part III - 2/10

I sincerely think this is the franchise I got the most disappointed in my life. The other 2 are hilarious (eventhough the 1 is way better imho) and this one is just SO BAD it hurts me. They tried breaking the fixed model they had in the last two (waking up in a unknown place and finding out wtf happened, plus saving Doug) and made shit ass movie with terrible writing. It's not a Hangover movie, it's just another shitty movie.

I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't watched this shit with some friends I'd give it a even lower rating. Gawd, so much unnecessary shit. The movie itself is completely unnecessary, I wish it stopped at Part II. lol

/endrant

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    R.I.P.D was an abomination, it did bad because the movie was without a doubt one of the worst movies of the year. It was sceduled to be shown at the local theatre of my city but then they pulled it as they realized noone would watch it (true story).

It's a complete ripoff from Men in Black, except the characters are no fun (Bridges is annoying as hell) and the effects are complete crap!
    One of my friends went to see it and came back complaining about how much they ripped off from MiB. Said he's surprised they didn't get slapped with a lawsuit over the blatant copying.

I like MiB, but I hate shameless ripoffs (and Ryan Reynolds), so I've made it a point to avoid that film like the plague.

Hey guys, which is better: Oblivion, or Edge of Tomorrow?

I somewhat enjoyed Oblivion, and I'm wondering if EoT is worth my time.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Guardians of the Galaxy. Took my kids, expecting to be disappointed and bored - surprisingly it was a cracking movie.

9/10

"If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post

I enjoyed Oblivion, but Edge of Tomorrow is WAY better. Definitely worth your time.

Source code: 7,5/10.
    Very enjoyable and well done.

Deleted
    Oblivion ripped off so many different movies scenes it became a joke to watch.
    From Moon, Starwars and Independence Day, to 2001, The Matrix and Planet of the Apes. Not saying I didn't enjoy it, It was a fun film with an interesting plot and story. Just filled with way too many scenes that paid "homage" to other films than rather make its own unique feel.

EoT is a decent action flick, sort of a cross between groundhog day and Battle:LA. Would say it is the better of the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Jaws 2 8/10
    Another great creature feature, Not as solid as the first one, but still a Solid creature feature.
    Giant shark terrorises a beach side town group of kids who are day sailing. Predictable about who will be eaten, and who wont. Still it's an enjoyable film, even if it is over 30 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy. Took my kids, expecting to be disappointed and bored - surprisingly it was a cracking movie.

9/10

"If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting"
    You went to a Marvel movie expecting to be disappointed AND BORED? What is wrong with you

Guardians of the Galaxy: 6/10

It's worth noting that I watched this movie on the internet so the video quality was really shitty. With that said I'm not sure if I missed something but this was a really boring, cliche and typical super hero movie. The story was pretty much Avengers 2.0 and while there were some humorous moments the movie wasn't nearly as funny as the Avengers.
    I'll give it another shot when it comes out on PPV, but for now I'm disappointed.

Boyhood: 7.5/10

Anyone that grew up in the late 80's/early 90's will realize that this movie is essentially your life story. So while I enjoyed reliving my youth through this movie, I found the movie itself boring at times. This movie has one of the highest ratings I've ever seen on the major movie review sites so it might be worth seeing for some of you.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2014-08-28 at 12:49 AM.

Harry potter
    Gone with the wind
    Pride and prejudice
    9/10

Magic and reality, what made you crazy..

Have fun!

15+ Year Old Account
    As Above So Below. 8/10. It was a very interesting movie, the first 10 minutes were cool, the 30 minutes after that were amazing, after that, people say it "falls apart". I failt to see how, being stuck underground is a pretty scary feeling so of course they're going to go insane, and not remain in their perfect little character that they're in when they're talking about the mission in the first 10 minutes. It takes about an hour till it turns into a horror movie, and that last for a good 20 minutes, so it's really not that bad. Could count the scares on one hand, but i really liked the story, and an interesting twist on the Paris catacombs. Plus props for the credits song, and their poster, and the title. I doubt there will be a sequel, but if there is, I hope they do a little better with exploring "hell". Also one of the few movies i found it to be ok with not explaining everything, lots of mysterious characters that are just that, mysterious.

Guardians of the Galaxy 7/10

It was good, but I didn't like Drax and Gamorra just felt really...soft for someone with reputation. Some of the jokes were really awkward as well, while others had me genuinely laughing (which I don't do a lot during movies). It was good overall, but definitely had potential to be better than the avengers.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    The wolf of wall street. 10/10. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-08-30 at 04:03 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Chronicles 8.8/10

I watched it for the fourth time today, I just love it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sin City: A Dame to kill for 7.5/10

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sin City 2 - 4/10

Josh Brolin was great, but the movie felt drawn out.
    You cared enough to post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Sin City 2 - 4/10

Josh Brolin was great, but the movie felt drawn out.
    I think it felt drawn out because the main story "A Dame To Kill For" ended smack dab in the middle of the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

EoT is indeed worth your time, but, they were both good in very different ways. I loved the scope, views, and soundtrack of Oblivion, it looks great on Blu-Ray on a 50+ inch HDTV, while EoT had a great script, great director, and handled the "same day over and over" genre very well, as I hate that genre, but EoT blew it out of the water.