Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can make SexyMap look like that. qMinimap is obviously a fine option too, I only mention it in case you got good use from SexyMap's radar/farming mode (I know I do).
    Yes, the farming mode and control of the buttons on mouseover is why I like SexyMap. I just want a 1px border square minimap. Now that I think about it, this could be done with kgPanels and a borderless SexyMap.

Here is my current WIP.

Still not entirely happy with the Unit Frames, can't seem to find anywhere that the cast bars fit properly.

ElvUI
    StUF
    LitePanels
    Litestats
    Weakauras 2
    Last edited by Kalistez; 2014-08-27 at 12:16 AM.

I think it's looking really good Kalistez! I normally don't like ElvUI, but this is pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
    I just want a 1px border square minimap. Now that I think about it, this could be done with kgPanels and a borderless SexyMap.
    Attempted this with no luck. The kgpanel frame and Sexymap would not line up even when parented. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Perhaps another addon or a way to line up the kgpanel without a blurred edge on 2 sides like I'm seeing now?

Attempted this with no luck. The kgpanel frame and Sexymap would not line up even when parented. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Perhaps another addon or a way to line up the kgpanel without a blurred edge on 2 sides like I'm seeing now?
    dRecMap, qMinimap and Qusemap. dRecMap and Qusemap don't have an options interface, you have to mess with the lua and you can't move the map to the very edge for some reason, but they're still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Droit View Post
    dRecMap, qMinimap and Qusemap. dRecMap and Qusemap don't have an options interface, you have to mess with the lua and you can't move the map to the very edge for some reason, but they're still good.
    Unfortunately I have very minimal LUA knowledge. Though, at the very least, I'll try them out.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    You must be new here - if its not "minimal" with a pixel font it cant possibly be a good UI...!

/s

*sigh* sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    Here is my current WIP.

Still not entirely happy with the Unit Frames, can't seem to find anywhere that the cast bars fit properly.

ElvUI
    StUF
    LitePanels
    Litestats
    Weakauras 2
    I like it. The "double border" is not exactly mine .. but yeah, except of that.
    oh, honey.

Unfortunately I have very minimal LUA knowledge. Though, at the very least, I'll try them out.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Neither do I. dRecMap's LUA is laid out line by line with comments on the right side that indicate what each piece of code is. I was using that for a little bit and then switched to Qusemap, the LUA is a big block of text though, so it takes longer to find what you are looking for. Best thing to do is have WoW open with whichever addon running and to have the LUA open in Notebook or some other simple text editor. Make a change in the LUA, save it and then /reload to see your changes in game. If you add different texts or something else to the minimap addon's directory then you will have to close and restart WoW completely to see those changes

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    Here is my current WIP.

[...]

ElvUI
    StUF
    LitePanels
    Litestats
    Weakauras 2
    That's a cool UI. I'm not the biggest fan of the borders (like Lyn) but it's some inspiration if I'll ever get some time (and nerves *cough*) to work on my messy UI again.

This is SexyMap by itself, and then with SLDT texts attached to it.

The major limitation is that because you have to fiddle a couple of settings to get a 1px border, and one of them is the Scale setting (i.e. the scale is not going to be 1), you therefore can't choose any size you want for it. But it's a pretty normal medium small size so it's never bothered me much.

Again - the only reason to use SexyMap over any other minimap addon is having the farming mode. Unless some other addons can do that, I don't know for sure if they do.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2014-08-27 at 10:48 AM.

Deleted
    I think regular fonts might be more popular if WoW's font rendering wasn't such that pixel fonts are the only ones that look as good as they're supposed to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    I think regular fonts might be more popular if WoW's font rendering wasn't such that pixel fonts are the only ones that look as good as they're supposed to.
    This is a really important thing that a lot of people overlook because they just don't realize. Sans serif fonts are rendered absolutely horribly in WoW, while pixel fonts can use the Monochrome flag to look crisp and clean.
    Another issue is probably the limit on font size, because one of the few advantages a sans serif font has over a pixel font is that it looks a lot better at bigger sizes.

As for minimaps, ooMinimap is another good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post

Again - the only reason to use SexyMap over any other minimap addon is having the farming mode. Unless some other addons can do that, I don't know for sure if they do.
    Farmhud can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aves View Post
    Farmhud can do this.
    Oh cool, thx. Gonna try that addon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    I have never had any problems with http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/chinchilla
    Does Chinchilla support a 1px black border natively now? When I used to use it way way back (TBC) you'd have to put a panel behind it for it to look good.

Deleted
    New frame layout, added CoolLine.
    i.imgur.com/LR404jB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nhev View Post
    New frame layout, added CoolLine.
    i.imgur.com/LR404jB.jpg
    Could you align your buff/debufs up by the minimap to the edge of the minimap..OCD going mental seeing it floating up above D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Could you align your buff/debufs up by the minimap to the edge of the minimap..OCD going mental seeing it floating up above D:
    As of now its on the top of my priority list

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    Does Chinchilla support a 1px black border natively now? When I used to use it way way back (TBC) you'd have to put a panel behind it for it to look good.
    I think so. I use so much paneling in my ui that I can't recall for sure until I get home and look at it, but I think it does