Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solo Healing Garrosh 10H

Hi guys, my guild just started progression on Garrosh 10Hc, and the strategy my RL wants to do is 2 Tanks 2 Heals. I said that's bullshit and we need at least 7 DPS. After some discussion, I said a healer should be able to solo it, and proposed to try it.

Any tips for soloing it? I could only find infos on soloing him as priest or druid.

My amory, for any insight:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...B6cky/advanced

PS: The Armory isn't updating itself, my iLvL is now 577, not much changes from what you see there.

Thanks for any incoming help!

you can easily meet all dps checks with 6 dps in current gear

If you want to drop something, drop a tank, not a healer. There's only a few intense parts of the fight - and none of them are for the tanks anymore. The dps check for Jade temple intermission, the DPS check to skip terrace intermission (if you so choose), and the dps check to skip second empowered whirl. For healers, there's the first intermission AOE, and then having enough cooldowns to cover all the whirls etc.
    The only reason you would ever bring 2x tanks would be:
    Because you're doing Terrace intermission as it's supposed to be done (2x tanks means a way higher success ratio of not getting killed by loose adds/all adds hitting a single target).
    OR
    Because you're getting a second empowered whirl in P3 (and thus getting a direct 500K raidwide hit during the second whirl because of the tank debuff, which will almost surely wipe you without every single raid CD).

Both of those "hard" things to deal with that are reasons to bring 2x tanks, are what you are aiming to SKIP by dropping a person to get 7x dps. It makes absolutely no sense to drop a *healer*, who will still have intense moments during the fight.

But alas, if you do go for it, as a shaman -
    AG is your friend. It's wickedly powerfull in 10 man and can outshine healing tide if you've got riptides rolling and healing rain down before you hit the button. Make sure you know exactly when you're using your cds. Using the setup from http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Mp92VmrdHjzfnGLN which I assume to be your ideal garrosh setup, you've got:

2x Rally
    2x demo banners
    Devo aura.

And your cds (not sure what you'd change the hpally for).
    That's not a lot. Use Rally+banner for each of the two ironstars you'll probably get in P1. Use AG+Ascendance in the intermission to keep the raid up.
    Use Healing tide+Devo on first whirl.
    Use SLT+banner and rally on second whirl.
    Use AG+Banner and rally on third whirl.
    Use Ascendance+Healing tide+Devo on the one empowered whirl.
    Use SLT on the first Malice.
    Use AG on the second malice.
    Use Ascendance on the third Malice.
    Use healing tide on the fourth malice where you can't be in range of the two soakers / the raid is moving.

Of course you can pick and choose how you want to use the cds, but that'd be my personal choise, although I've only 2 healed it with my shaman (poor 570 ilvl OS).

Thanks for the quick and quite elaborated answer! My RL is a bit of a stubborn one, doesn't want to drop a tank because "that will ease learning the mechanics". I, personally, would like to do it with 8 DPS's.

The really problem lies in which status setup is the best for the situation. 12k Spirit / 8.9k Haste / Full Crit did very well for Siegecrafter and Paragons, both killed in the last three weeks. Is that also good for Garrosh? Specially soloing?

EDIT: Also specially important, since I will only be part of the "Progression team" If I manage to solo heal. Otherwise they want to go with Disc + HPally, since both have 586 iLvL.

Deleted
    Your raid leader is an idiot.

Your RL sounds like a joke, time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by LockyShaman View Post
    EDIT: Also specially important, since I will only be part of the "Progression team" If I manage to solo heal. Otherwise they want to go with Disc + HPally, since both have 586 iLvL.
    not even an option i'd go disc+hpala everytime, disc even brings damage so you're not hit as hard 2 healing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M24WIEYmp0k

Here is our 4'th kill, but I was solo healing through progression. See if you can find some somethings in there that can help you out. We solo tanked solo healed and have two sub-par dps with us. But we did zerg through some phases so I'm not sure how much would be a help for you. We have strats for more whirling corruptions but managed to only get 2.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shock/advanced

Character link for stats. Please excuse the nerdgasm, I beat someone by 2 points on the roll for the mount at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Please don't post in all colored text or custom fonts, as it's distracting and disruptive to the conversation. We give the tools of color and font to be used as accents, but they are not meant to be used for the complete post text.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* We killed it back in March with 6 dps. In current gear, you don't need to sacrifice either a tank or a healer spot for another dps. Unless, of course, you have some horribly undergeared guys in your raid who make it difficult to meet the dps checks.

Your raid leader isn't an idiot. He just proposes a different approach.

Any combination of 1-2 tanks, 1-2 healers and 6-8 dps has been done. All of them work. The question is: Which one works best for your raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Hi guys, my guild just started progression on Garrosh 10Hc, and the strategy my RL wants to do is 2 Tanks 2 Heals. I said that's bullshit and we need at least 7 DPS. After some discussion, I said a healer should be able to solo it, and proposed to try it.

Any tips for soloing it? I could only find infos on soloing him as priest or druid.

My amory, for any insight:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...B6cky/advanced

PS: The Armory isn't updating itself, my iLvL is now 577, not much changes from what you see there.

Thanks for any incoming help!
    It is entirely possible especially as a shaman seeing my guild did it last week with a shaman for their first time downing him. If the rest of your raid is able to mitigate damage as they are supposed to it is entirely possible

Last night I got in to a pug with one healer one tank. Healer was able to hold all of us except some intensive situations where I as elemental shaman used my healing cd-s to help and we one-shot it.

Deleted
    @Munjica

You one-shotted Garrosh heroic with a pug?

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    @Munjica

You one-shotted Garrosh heroic with a pug?

Wow.
    I missed two letters, then one heal is insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Munjica View Post
    I missed two letters, then one heal is insanity
    Want to show me one of these pugs? LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to show me one of these pugs? LoL
    People pug it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    People pug it all the time.
    Not on my server, there are absolutely no Garrosh Hc Pugs. I know it's cross realm, so which server should I strive for? I am looking into getting into one of these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not on my server, there are absolutely no Garrosh Hc Pugs. I know it's cross realm, so which server should I strive for? I am looking into getting into one of these.
    There are usually 2-5 premades on oQueue during peak hours. Probably some on openraid, too. They do require pretty high ilvl, though.

Sanitas did it with two tanks and two healers at an avg ilvl of 567. Not saying you are them, but you definitely don't have to solo heal it. If anything you should be able to drop a tank. If you heal with a Dpriest who knows what hes doing you should only need to use your Shaman CD's until 3rd whirl of P2 where you can just barrier and if needed pain sup the tank to push P3 where you'll drop the stacks on the tank. This assuming your DPS isn't terrible.

P1: One ironstar = Spirit Shell.
    P2: 1st whirl SS again, 2nd SLT, 3rd barrier
    P3: 1st whirl any other raid CD, 2nd HTT

With 1 tank, 2 healers & 7 dps this should be all you need tbh.

I think we cleared it at around 570ilvl in February with 2 tanks, 2 healers 6 DPS. The raid leader is not an idiot for either wanting to play it safe or assuming one of the healers aren't geared and skilled enough to solo heal it. I'm aware it is solo healable/tankable even when it was relatively new and a small handful of groups were doing so. (they were very good, but also had multiple hybrids to handle whirl damage)

The AOE spike damage might be too much for you to handle without paladin/disc absorbs or some raid wide DR. If you have a decent raid dmg reduction CD for every whirl/ironstar/malice, then you will be able to heal it. Shaman has great throughput; I imagine most of your wipes will be due to add failure / lack of DPS at any rate.

Simple Answer: If your raid's DPS is great, you can certainly solo heal it on anything with proper raid DR.

Most of the specific information was already posted earlier in the thread so good luck.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    If you want to drop something, drop a tank, not a healer. There's only a few intense parts of the fight - and none of them are for the tanks anymore. The dps check for Jade temple intermission, the DPS check to skip terrace intermission (if you so choose), and the dps check to skip second empowered whirl. For healers, there's the first intermission AOE, and then having enough cooldowns to cover all the whirls etc.
    Couldn't disagree more, if tanks share vengeance and soak slams in the heart phase properly the gain of switching to tank to a dps is barely worth anything so why add the extra strain on either the tank or the healer?

As to solo healing, just make sure you use any hybrid cds wisely, other then that, as a resto shaman there is not much you really need to do differently.

The healing requirements are in short bursts, 3 per 3 minutes. U have AG Ascendance and HTT, so you can cover them yourself. Depending on how many whirls you have you want to position HTT in your own CD rotation such that HTT comes up for your one phase 3 empowered whirl. So if u get 3 normal whirls and the one empowered whirl (this is what you should aim for by 1 healing) then you would use HTT either in the transition or for the first whirl, but no later.

Additionally, solo healing anything is about your team not you carrying them. This means people need to be intelligent with their personal cds, and use health stones if they are ever in a position to die. Don't burden yourself with the idea that because you are solo healing any death is your own responsibility, solo healing is a team effort because you can't be expected to cover everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    I think we cleared it at around 570ilvl in February with 2 tanks, 2 healers 6 DPS. The raid leader is not an idiot for either wanting to play it safe or assuming one of the healers aren't geared and skilled enough to solo heal it. I'm aware it is solo healable/tankable even when it was relatively new and a small handful of groups were doing so. (they were very good, but also had multiple hybrids to handle whirl damage)

The AOE spike damage might be too much for you to handle without paladin/disc absorbs or some raid wide DR. If you have a decent raid dmg reduction CD for every whirl/ironstar/malice, then you will be able to heal it. Shaman has great throughput; I imagine most of your wipes will be due to add failure / lack of DPS at any rate.

Simple Answer: If your raid's DPS is great, you can certainly solo heal it on anything with proper raid DR.

Most of the specific information was already posted earlier in the thread so good luck.

This is important, your raid comp will determine how easy it is, if you want any more specific advice we'd need to know your makeup~
    Last edited by desert-wind; 2014-08-28 at 11:04 PM.