Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Cho and the overall lore of Pandaria was some of the best stuff in the game to date. The place actually felt like it had an ancient history to it, one that shaped the present day... that we happened to fall face-first into.

Regarding Draenor... I am disappoint.

I suspect the reason Pandaria's history was so interesting (the Mantid and Klaxxi alone are great) was because the devs had free rein to create what they pleased. In Draenor, everything is going to have to fit into that historical mold set up by WC 1 and 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    They said Lorewalker equivalent. not faction, but the character. Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    You just shattered my mind. That's hands down the most ludicrous statement I've ever read about the lore in my entire MMO-C "career." Hah, in fact, that's sig worthy.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    They said Lorewalker equivalent. not faction, but the character. Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    I am confident there won't be a faction of lore-enthusiasts either. This is Draenor in the grip of the Iron Horde and possibly the Burning Legion, not fluffy-puffy-pandaland. Anyone who walks around unarmed collecting stories in this world, greeting 20m giants with "Oh! Hello! I am Lorewalker Cho!" instead of startning to hearthstone ASAP, would find himself turned into Gronn-Food rather quickly

Hey, lets send the Lorewalkers through the Dark portal...you know, to write stories and stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I suspect the reason Pandaria's history was so interesting (the Mantid and Klaxxi alone are great).
    SO GREAT! The best part of its storytelling greatness, was the Mogu building, get this, a wall, to keep the mantids off.

A wall.

Against an Enemy who has wings.

Last edited by mmoc486dcfca17; 2014-08-28 at 08:08 AM.

I loved those stories and lore. Really sad we don't get an equivalent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post

SO GREAT! The best part of its storytelling greatness, was the Mogu building, get this, a wall, to keep the mantids off.

A wall.

[IMG]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/034/f/5/facepalm___crying_out_loud_by_morten8035-d38q1z4.jpg[G]
    And it worked very well.

A wall.

Chickens have wings, walls work fine against them (in other words, plenty of winged creatures can't actually fly). There are also mantids without wings, the ground troops, who might have a little trouble flying over a wall.

You just shattered my mind. That's hands down the most ludicrous statement I've ever read about the lore in my entire MMO-C "career." Hah, in fact, that's sig worthy.
    Just a little heads-up, your sig looks as though you agree with that statement. For people not having read this post, you are sending the exact opposite message of what you mean.

The only bit which really bothered me is the meeting with him on the Alliance side where you have to balance chi or something and hit the gong was so relieved when I recently leveled a horde and found that bit wasn't there.

Anything else related to him / the faction you can ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    The only bit which really bothered me is the meeting with him on the Alliance side where you have to balance chi or something and hit the gong was so relieved when I recently leveled a horde and found that bit wasn't there.

Anything else related to him / the faction you can ignore.
    I loved that part. D:

If you think all Mantid can fly that kind of calls both your lore expertise and observational skills into question.
    And your claim that you've read all the short stories.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2014-08-28 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted

A wall.

Yes, that's why the Mantid used Siege weapons, because they can fly...

That's the same that humans can cross a river because we can swim. Sure we can, but try to invade a city by swimming.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2014-08-28 at 09:22 AM.

I am confident there won't be a faction of lore-enthusiasts either. This is Draenor in the grip of the Iron Horde and possibly the Burning Legion, not fluffy-puffy-pandaland. Anyone who walks around unarmed collecting stories in this world, greeting 20m giants with "Oh! Hello! I am Lorewalker Cho!" instead of startning to hearthstone ASAP, would find himself turned into Gronn-Food rather quickly
    Also, you're wrong.
    Harrison Jones has pride of place in Stormshield, Ashran.
    The bank doubles as his artifact storeroom, graciously opening its free space to the public.
    He's collecting lore objects from Ashran and the rest of Draenor and enlists your help, only by giving you quests to do it instead of the more interesting Lorewalker method. And without the interesting Lorewalker reward.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2014-08-28 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Lorewalkers, I don't really care about. But Lorewalker Cho...they can crucify him upside down. I hate that guy. Thank God he's not showing up again. Showing up to all those raids narrating the bejesus out of everything like we're ignorant, mystified little four year olds watching a Disney movie. "And so...the prince...and the princess...lived happily ever after! Theeeeee end." /tucks in
    I wholeheartly agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Also, you're wrong.
    The bank doubles as his artifact storeroom, graciously opening its free space to the public.
    Harrison Jones, what a guy. Make Archaeology, Not War.

Deleted
    I have no clue what OP is trying to say but for me Lorewalker Cho is one of the best characters in WoW. I would put him right next to Bran when it comes to liking someone. Also I liked doing the achi for Lorewalkers, was nice finding the scrolls and then get the visual lore story rather then like with previous expansions having to read wow wiki to findout what happened. Wish there was something like this for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

I am also very disappointed that Cho is not going with us to Draenor, he was the only good part about Pandaria and Pandarens in general.

Cho actually does pop up in Draenor too, though only for one quest.

Deleted
    Also, you're wrong.
    He's collecting lore objects from Ashran and the rest of Draenor and enlists your help, only by giving you quests to do it instead of the more interesting Lorewalker method. And without the interesting Lorewalker reward.
    Harrison Jones is Alliance only though, and the artifact is for PvP purposes. To be fair, the Arakkoa are closer to the Loremasters (hidden lore fragments through out all of Arak, many even give archaeology fragments that we can trade with the Arakkoa on Stormshield) than Harrison Jones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Hey! Hands off Lorewalker Cho! He's awesome!

About being the most epic guy, a TINY BIT of an overstatement, but nevertheless - he's a very likable and well written character in my opinion. Not to mention he's a great guide to Pandaria, I actually enjoyed all of his stories. I wish we had someone like that in WotLK for example, but then again - it would be unfitting.

Also, I had a certain theory if Lorewalker Cho actually existed in the world. It could very well be an embodiment of narrative, because, frankly speaking, even in Pandaria he felt out of place in most of the situations. I can hardly imagine someone like that running with us throughout the first wing of SoO, being completely unarmed and "ooooooh mysteries".

Additionally, his VO, man. Lorewalker Pooh!

Cho actually does pop up in Draenor too, though only for one quest.
    And this is very good news!
    Last edited by Spray; 2014-08-28 at 09:34 AM.

Loved the stories, but hated Cho the Dumbass's performance in raids and in the world. "Oh, here is the ancient titan machine with a flashing button on it! Hey! Why don't I run forward and press it ASAP?" "Oh, who could've guessed that pressing that button will revive an ancient titan mechanism to life and that mech will want to kill us as soon as it starts? Well heroes, go kill it, while I'll sit here, drink tea and fucking meditate".

Idiotic clowny panda.

Although I tend to hate unskippable RP stuff in raids, so my view on this matter must be subjective. Green jezus's performance at Brown orc nazi was even more stupid and pathetic, TBH.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked them very much. Lots of Lore telling with little and short animations. I'm also done Seeker of Knowledge so i visited them quite often ;>
    Druid since Feb. 06

Any panda that forces me to sit in a cave with him, alone, while drinking tea and not allowing me to leave, is not a panda I am ever gonna like.

Alright let me be honest, I don't dislike Cho or the faction he is a part off, but I couldn't have cared less if they didn't exist either.

I kind of liked Lorewalker Cho, the way that the background stories were told through the scrolls out in the world and then acted out in front of you was pretty cool (Especially since most of those stories were new), at least we got the story shown in-game.

Though Cho waddling along with us in raids was sometimes a bit weird, we're elbow-deep in monstrosities the size of a house and Cho tags along, and sometimes goes out in front of us? Slightly unlikely...