Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Because there are people who haven't read the comics yet, or haven't gotten as far and they should be able to come to a thread labeled TV without having to worry about comic book spoilers. Either keep them out or change the title to TV/Comic, and edit out the Mod note to not talk about comic book spoilers, so that people know it's not safe to enter if you don't want spoilers. This is the reason that the GoT Thread is labeled as TV/Book, because source material spoilers are being discussed as well.

EDIT: I think I might see the disconnect. It's not just a worry about spoiling the TV show from info for the source material it's also about spoiling the comic books for people who haven't read them yet.
    these comics are months and months old at this point and the show deviates HEAVILY from the comic. there are SO many characters that are alive in the show who died in the comics or who died in the show and are still alive in the comics, there are some events that didnt happen, some events that ended up happening to other characters, and some events that were changed so significantly they might as well have not happened in the comics at all.

the governor arc? so much different, the hunters arc? it wasnt even an "arc" in the comics it was a small group that were taken out very quickly.

im not caught up on game of thrones yet so im not completely sure whether im right or not but i was under the impression the show doesnt deviate heavily from the books and that for the most part people who read the books know who are going to die who are going to live and what the major events are.

that does not apply here. there is no "Dumbledore dies" in walking dead. daryl doesnt exist in the comics, andrea is a sharpshooting badarse in the comics, shes dead in the show, rick loses his hand and baby judith dies at the prison in the comics, tyreese is dead in the comics. carol is dead in the comics.

theres so much different.

if your complaint is that you dont want to spoil the comics themselves too late, that ship has sailed. you dont get to hole "spoilers" for all time. darth vader is lukes father oops i just spoiled star wars.

at a certain point you just gotta accept that some things are going to be spoiled if you choose not to get into them as soon as everyone else.

we know negan will eventually show up on the show, we know he will be a bastard just like the governor was.

but, just like the governor he will probably be extremely different to his comics counterpart. in the comics he raped michonne and looked completely different. hes a much nicer guy in the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Depends on what you consider a spoiler. Do the show deviate from the comics? Yes. But even if certain characters die before or after they originally died, and there are characters there aren't in the comics, some of the bigger story-beats are still around. It is possible that Negan won't show up, and it is possible that Eugene isn't a liar, but both of these things are pretty likely to happen.

In the Doctor Who thread, Arlee said mentioning a conjecture that uses info outside the show is a spoiler. Applying the same logic here, even if it's just a guess that one of these things will happen, the guess is based on info outside the show.
    we know negan will show up because kirkman talks about it all the time. we know Eugene is a liar because they said so in an interview.

even the creator uses the comics to talk about the show and whats coming up because it deviates heavily.

- - - Updated - - -

also theres another big difference between doctor who and walking dead. doctor who had 5 scripts leak and episodes leak ahead of time.

theres a HUGE difference between "hey i saw the episode and this is what happens" and "maybe possibly we might see something similar to this maybe lets speculate about it"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    *snip*
    We shouldn't have to worry about getting spoilers for the comics in a TV thread. If nothing else you're breaking the rules that the Mods set up in the very first post.

Deleted
    just finished reading #130.....HOLY SHIT....I just hope Kirkman is not baiting and he's going with this direction, this is exactly the fresh stuff this universe needs.

We shouldn't have to worry about getting spoilers for the comics in a TV thread. If nothing else you're breaking the rules that the Mods set up in the very first post.
    like i said spoilers have an expiration date.

the comics weve been referring to are years old at this point.

if you wanted to read them spoiler free you probably shouldve read them years ago.

saying you cant use source material to speculate is dumb. whats next we cant use cast interviews? we cant use whats next trailers?

spoilers have an expiration date. if you dont like that too bad. its not like im posting comic related stuff in the transformers thread. theres a reason this stuff is in the thread and its because we want to speculate.

its fun to speculate when you dont know whats going to happen. if you dont find that fun then just dont speculate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    just finished reading #130.....HOLY SHIT....I just hope Kirkman is not baiting and he's going with this direction, this is exactly the fresh stuff this universe needs.
    see now this is an example of something we dont spoil.

130 just came out a little while ago so he doesnt talk about what happened in it.

that would be a spoiler.

something that happened a year ago? thats not a spoiler.

- - - Updated - - -

looks like jesus might be showing up in the future.

"Showrunner Scott Gimple weighed in on the question of Daryl's sexuality, saying:

We know all sorts of things about the characters that we haven't revealed," he shares, before insisting, "[But] we're not holding back information on Daryl's sexuality as any sort of big reveal. The fact that there's still a question as to what Daryl's orientation is in Season 5 absolutely speaks to Daryl's character; he is a very guarded, very closed-off individual in a lot of ways. We have been able to see him ever so slowly open up and show the other characters aspect by aspect as to what makes him tick. That's been a very satisfying journey for all of us on the creative side to portray. [And] he's still on that journey

"This is a character who is going to continue to grow closer to the other characters," he continues, "[and] let his guard down, and let them see just who he is, in every way."

Gimple added that it won't come up this season, but that there are plans to introduce a gay male character. When and who is being kept a secret. [ TV Line]

Seth Gilliam talked about the preparation he did to play Father Gabriel Stokes. In addition to binge watching the show, he also tried to read the comics:

I only read the comic book where Father Gabriel was introduced, which I think was episode 61 in the comics. I didn't read anything before that, and I haven't read anything after that. I discovered from reading about the show that often times characters' names and journeys are kind of crisscrossed and mismatched, so I thought if I did read too much I might be giving myself a lot of information that would be useless, or just outright wrong. So I figured, like with everything, I'd just take the script and try to fill him out the best I possibly can.

Below, there's a picture of Gilliam in costume."

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

like i said spoilers have an expiration date.

the comics weve been referring to are years old at this point.

if you wanted to read them spoiler free you probably shouldve read them years ago.

saying you cant use source material to speculate is dumb. whats next we cant use cast interviews? we cant use whats next trailers?

spoilers have an expiration date. if you dont like that too bad. its not like im posting comic related stuff in the transformers thread. theres a reason this stuff is in the thread and its because we want to speculate.

its fun to speculate when you dont know whats going to happen. if you dont find that fun then just dont speculate.

- - - Updated - - -

see now this is an example of something we dont spoil.

130 just came out a little while ago so he doesnt talk about what happened in it.

that would be a spoiler.

something that happened a year ago? thats not a spoiler.

- - - Updated - - -

looks like jesus might be showing up in the future.

"Showrunner Scott Gimple weighed in on the question of Daryl's sexuality, saying:

We know all sorts of things about the characters that we haven't revealed," he shares, before insisting, "[But] we're not holding back information on Daryl's sexuality as any sort of big reveal. The fact that there's still a question as to what Daryl's orientation is in Season 5 absolutely speaks to Daryl's character; he is a very guarded, very closed-off individual in a lot of ways. We have been able to see him ever so slowly open up and show the other characters aspect by aspect as to what makes him tick. That's been a very satisfying journey for all of us on the creative side to portray. [And] he's still on that journey

"This is a character who is going to continue to grow closer to the other characters," he continues, "[and] let his guard down, and let them see just who he is, in every way."

Gimple added that it won't come up this season, but that there are plans to introduce a gay male character. When and who is being kept a secret. [ TV Line]

Seth Gilliam talked about the preparation he did to play Father Gabriel Stokes. In addition to binge watching the show, he also tried to read the comics:

I only read the comic book where Father Gabriel was introduced, which I think was episode 61 in the comics. I didn't read anything before that, and I haven't read anything after that. I discovered from reading about the show that often times characters' names and journeys are kind of crisscrossed and mismatched, so I thought if I did read too much I might be giving myself a lot of information that would be useless, or just outright wrong. So I figured, like with everything, I'd just take the script and try to fill him out the best I possibly can.

Below, there's a picture of Gilliam in costume."

And like I said you shouldn't have to read spoilers from the comic in the clearly labeled tv thread no matter how old it is. Especially when there's a mod note saying not to on the first page

And like I said you shouldn't have to read spoilers from the comic in the clearly labeled tv thread no matter how old it is. Especially when there's a mod note saying not to on the first page
    were not discussing the comics. were discussing the show using years old comics that the show is loosely based on to help speculation if you dont like that too bad so sad im going to keep doing it.

that mod note is almost 4 years old at this point. the tv show was not nearly as diverged from the comics as it was back then.that mod edit is before even episode 4 of season 2.

we are disusing and speculating ABOUT THE SHOW. not the comics.

deal with it.

if we were sitting here talking about how rick and the team are going to keep going on after x event in the comics or if we were talking about who we think are going to die in the comics or really anything directly involving the comic book events then you would have a point but we arent we are speculating about the show, the characters in the show, and how those might match up and what might happen.
    Last edited by Immitis; 2014-08-29 at 04:09 AM.

When you use the source material for "speculation", it changes from "what do you think is going to happen" to " do you think they will change it?"

Plus, spoiler limits changes when comics that are years old is used for TV shows that have yet to air certain parts of that comic (and the comic is still going).

When you use the source material for "speculation", it changes from "what do you think is going to happen" to " do you think they will change it?"

Plus, spoiler limits changes when comics that are years old is used for TV shows that have yet to air certain parts of that comic (and the comic is still going).
    its not do you think they will change it at this point, but how much if any will be the same.

all you have to do is look at the hunters to see how they turned a small group of a couple people that didnt even have an arc into a systematic cult with a huge compound and an entire arc.

its not do you think they will change it at this point, but how much if any will be the same.

all you have to do is look at the hunters to see how they turned a small group of a couple people that didnt even have an arc into a systematic cult with a huge compound and an entire arc.
    If you had said "they met a group of people consisting of a guy named Abraham, a guy named Eugene and a girl named Rosita, cannibals and then were in a church after the prison in the comics" after the first part of season 4 had aired, it would have been a spoiler. Just because the hunters get a nicer house doesn't mean the comics aren't spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    dunno if you guys have seen the 3:30 minute trailer, but there's a shot in there which shows almost all the characters together, if anyone from the group does indeed gets killed/eaten at the terminus, that shot will tell you exactly who....
    kinda sucks
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

If you had said "they met a group of people consisting of a guy named Abraham, a guy named Eugene and a girl named Rosita, cannibals and then were in a church after the prison in the comics" after the first part of season 4 had aired, it would have been a spoiler. Just because the hunters get a nicer house doesn't mean the comics aren't spoilers.
    if you cut it down to the bare bones then yeah.

i can say the doctor meets a half faced man, then goes into a dalek, and then meets some owl robot looking guy and thats the same thing but i dont know anything about those episodes except whats been officially released.

they announced abrahan eugene and rosita were gonna be on the show months ahead of time before season 4 even premiered and they announced the priest and morgan were gonna show up this season last season.

thats all shit that gets spoiled whether you know anything about the comics or not simply from interviews and and casting announcements

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    dunno if you guys have seen the 3:30 minute trailer, but there's a shot in there which shows almost all the characters together, if anyone from the group does indeed gets killed/eaten at the terminus, that shot will tell you exactly who....
    kinda sucks
    they do fake outs in trailers all the time. i wouldnt read too much into it.

so we all know that in the comics rick lost his hand back in the prison arc but that kirkman decided against it in the show mostly because he realized the main character not having a hand was kind of stupid and wrote him into a corner with alot of stuff that shouldnt be an issue.

well

spoilers

https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/s...620800/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/s...066817/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/s...654528/photo/1

however since they put this just up on twitter i have a feeling its a red herring/not what we think otherwise i think they wouldnt just put that out there

so we all know that in the comics rick lost his hand back in the prison arc but that kirkman decided against it in the show mostly because he realized the main character not having a hand was kind of stupid and wrote him into a corner with alot of stuff that shouldnt be an issue.

well

spoilers

https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/s...620800/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/s...066817/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/s...654528/photo/1

however since they put this just up on twitter i have a feeling its a red herring/not what we think otherwise i think they wouldnt just put that out there
    Indeed, seems weird to spoil something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was just a picture of the hand I would say possible spoiler, but this was clearly intentional, and they used real names. So, while I don't know the point of this, I would definitely say not a spoiler. Although I wouldn't be mad to see someone lose a hand.

They had to have known that this would be compared to the comics, and people would think of it as as spoiler. Sounds like TWD has a brilliant PR team that knows how people work and they are milking the shit out of it.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2014-09-08 at 03:22 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    New trailer for Season 5. HYPEHYPEHYPE

10+ Year Old Account
    I really really can't wait anymore

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=3&theater

looks like they might be at the safe zone by the end of this season since andrew lincoln is all cleaned up now

I still want to see Morgan make a return. It's been mentioned and teased a little, but we haven't seen anything of him since that brief appearance in season 3.

Also...that little bit in the trailer where Abraham is on his knees and appears to be crying makes me think maybe something will happen to Rosita.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I still want to see Morgan make a return. It's been mentioned and teased a little, but we haven't seen anything of him since that brief appearance in season 3.

Also...that little bit in the trailer where Abraham is on his knees and appears to be crying makes me think maybe something will happen to Rosita.
    they said last year that he would be returning this season. i havent been keeping up with everything hardcore since i dont want to spoil everything for myself but i dont think hes been seen during filming yet so maybe he was to busy or something

they said last year that he would be returning this season. i havent been keeping up with everything hardcore since i dont want to spoil everything for myself but i dont think hes been seen during filming yet so maybe he was to busy or something
    Yeah, I do recall reading somewhere that they actually wanted Morgan to make an appearance earlier, but the actor who plays him is apparently very busy with other things in real life and has been holding off on it.

Also: less than one week! I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a TV show.