Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Metro Redux vs. Last of Us (PS4)

Anyone here played both of these? They seem to have quite a few similarities. Both feature apocalyptic styles, combat, stealth, inventory concerns, monsters, bad humans, survival aspects etc.

Thoughts on which is better?

Completely different games: one is a action-adventure game with story elements; the other is a hardcore FPS focusing on immersion, not so much story.

Deleted
    Pretty sure there are hundreds games out there that have those similar features
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2014-08-29 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally different games, actually if you played the original metro on pc you shouldn't have a reason to get redux, there are some comparison videos that show you different scenes and the theme in the redux version is just bad in comparison.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Haven't played previous versions of either, no.

The reviews said one of the main perks is it takes a lot of the better gameplay systems from Metro2 and implants them into 1, plus gives you the option of the action style of either. They said it was a pretty big revamp that went far beyond graphics.
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-08-29 at 12:09 AM.

Basically...

Last of Us: Uncharted reskinned.

Metro Last Light: Fallout done right.

Take your pick.

Last of Us is one of the best games ever made, Metro Last Light was a great, fun game, but not on the level of LoU.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Totally different games, actually if you played the original metro on pc you shouldn't have a reason to get redux, there are some comparison videos that show you different scenes and the theme in the redux version is just bad in comparison.
    I think the total opposite, its nice to having WORKING stealth and AI in Metro2033, the enhanced visuals are just a bonus. Plus there are small changes through the whole game that still have me searching around

15+ Year Old Account
    Well if you're looking for a good ps4 game, you're gonna just have to wait. Metro is better on pc and last of us is the most overrated game ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Metro Last Light: Fallout done right.
    Except it being linear and Fallout not being linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    ...last of us is the most overrated game ever made.
    This absolutely can't be overstated. Don't give in to the "LoU is best game evar" crap. It's really just another uncharted. Play if you like that kind of gaame, but don't come in thinking it's amazing. Because, it's great. But not amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except it being linear and Fallout not being linear.
    Also this. There are side missions you can do that lead you to different levels, but overall your following a set path. Don't be freaked by this; linear ≠ bad game. Too many people run around with that mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    I think the total opposite, its nice to having WORKING stealth and AI in Metro2033, the enhanced visuals are just a bonus. Plus there are small changes through the whole game that still have me searching around
    Ever taking a look at the lil can and the guitar group scene? it looks way less realistic in the redux, same as the medic npc on last light if im not mistaken, there's a medic npc that clearly looks like he's gone through a lot and his clothes show it but in the redux THEY PUT A FREAKING WHITE HELMET AND A RED CROSS SO CLEAN it breaks the immersion for me, it made me feel like TF2 levels of immersion breaking on hats
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Also this. There are side missions you can do that lead you to different levels, but overall your following a set path. Don't be freaked by this; linear ≠ bad game. Too many people run around with that mentality.
    I never said that linear = bad. But by saying something is like Fallout people are going to imagine an open world game, which Metro is not. For some folks, a game being linear or open is going to matter a lot.

So we can at least all agree on the fact that Metro is more of a shooter and LoU is more action?

haven't played either. but from what I have heard about both I would go for metro. I'm really into horror/ survival shooters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 87Octane View Post
    So we can at least all agree on the fact that Metro is more of a shooter and LoU is more action?
    Uh, metro is just a shooter. Last of us is more of a let's try to sneak up behind people with terrible ai wait that didn't work I'll just shoot them then.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Ever taking a look at the lil can and the guitar group scene? it looks way less realistic in the redux, same as the medic npc on last light if im not mistaken, there's a medic npc that clearly looks like he's gone through a lot and his clothes show it but in the redux THEY PUT A FREAKING WHITE HELMET AND A RED CROSS SO CLEAN it breaks the immersion for me, it made me feel like TF2 levels of immersion breaking on hats
    I havnt played last light redux yet, middle of metro redux atm, so I'm unsure what you're referring to.

Last of Us: Uncharted reskinned.
    Fail... you would never make that comparison if it wasn't the same studio.

Last time I checked The Last of Us didn't have platforming, run and gunning, unlimited supplies of ammo, light hearted story, and puzzles.

The two games are literally nothing alike. Even the shooting is 100% different, Uncharted doesn't have realistic recoil and weapon sway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Fail... you would never make that comparison if it wasn't the same studio.

Last time I checked The Last of Us didn't have platforming, run and gunning, unlimited supplies of ammo, light hearted story, and puzzles.

The two games are literally nothing alike. Even the shooting is 100% different, Uncharted doesn't have realistic recoil and weapon sway.
    It was a general comparison of their genre: they are both third person action-adventure games.

It was a general comparison of their genre: they are both third person action-adventure games.
    One is a third person survival game with an emphasis on stealth and managing supplies and the other is a 3rd person action game with emphasis platforming and run and gunning and puzzles. Hardly the same genre. That's equivalent of saying Dark Souls and Final Fantasy are the same genre they're both 3rd person games where you level up dude!