Thread: Talent trees.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Talent trees.

Anyone else missing the old talent trees? Why can't they bring that up again?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i miss old talent trees as well. They just brought more customization to your character.

Quote Originally Posted by The Box View Post
    Yeah, i miss old talent trees as well. They just brought more customization to your character.
    It seemed like they gave you more customization.. But realistically you googled the best talents for the current patch and specced your points into those. For 95% of the playerbase atleast. There wasn't really any thought to it. Atleast now its much easier to swap around talents for different fights and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I do miss them, the new one's doesn't seem like a talent "tree" at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Nope, don't care there was no customization everyone who had any sense copied what everyone else had.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Yeah, I do miss them, the new one's doesn't seem like a talent "tree" at all.
    Probably why the UI now says 'Primary Talents' and 'Secondary Talents' rather than talent tree. :P It's no longer a tree

a sad day when the talent trees got trimmed and then chopped down completely for mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talent trees were never a fun part of the game. The new version, while lacking excitement, provides a ton more customization in fewer slots.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Talent trees only offered an illusion of choice. Most of them were pointless clutter that might've been baseline stats (like they are now) and the few points you could allocate as you wished seldomly gave any significant stuff. Atleast now every talent-tier has some sort of tangible effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, don't miss them at all. Having two points to put into meaningless skills that were left over after the first pass through was far worse than what we have now. More little square boxes to fill up doesn't necessarily mean more customization. It's just more square little boxes. I suppose it was a very comforting system for anyone who didn't really want to think about shifting stuff around from fight to fight. Meh, I'll take what we've got now any day.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-08-30 at 02:36 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Found a patch 3.3.5. talent calculator. All those interesting +2% crit talents!

Yes. At this point I'd be in favor of just removing them altogether including the glyph system. It's absolutely pointless.

The new talents are better because they actually let you choose, but the player can only make a choice regarding his/her character once every 15 levels, which makes it feel like your character is not as "unique".

Even though the cookie cutter builds were not unique or free-choice, at least you feel like you made a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the feeling of making myself slightly more powerful every level. I don't miss that there was rarely any viability to experimenting with your talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I miss the feeling of making myself slightly more powerful every level. I don't miss that there was rarely any viability to experimenting with your talents.
    Certainly agree with this. I miss talent trees while leveling, but really, the current talents are just... better. There's not another word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Found a patch 3.3.5. talent calculator. All those interesting +2% crit talents!
    Yeah like nowadayas 8973123 passives that we have in our spell books.

Quote Originally Posted by The Box View Post
    You only had customization if you were content in performing sub-optimally.

Yeah like nowadayas 8973123 passives that we have in our spell books.
    That's taken care of in WoD.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-08-30 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Yes. At this point I'd be in favor of just removing them altogether including the glyph system. It's absolutely pointless.
    If you say this then I would have to question your skill at the game. Talents have never been more important and need to be changed per fight basis.

The talent tree is a fundamental part of an MMORPG. I miss that. In 10 years I think MMORPG's will be gone, and all we'll have are MMOG's.

There are no talent trees anymore, it's just passive and ability choices.

The lame Blizzard excuses people are parroting in this thread also apply to the new system as well. Nowadays you still just Google what "talents" are the strongest, and which ones don't matter.

How many classes have the dreaded pvp row? I don't give a shit about pvp.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-08-30 at 03:43 AM.

The old talent tree was interesting, but ultimately it 90% passive buffs and 10% actual game-changing abilities. The new talent tree feels vastly more powerful, as everything on there consists of practical gamer changers.