Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well at least VR13-14 won't be so taxing, still unsure what they mean by 'Battle levelled' characters in pvp.
    In other news VR8! Woo, only 4 (Soon to be 6) VR's to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and here's some new craglorn wallpapers from the official site.
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...upper-craglorn.
    when you enter cyrodil as a lower leveled player you get a buff to stats to bring you closer to higher leveled players thats what they mean

Also, is it just me or has this thread kind of lost a lot of its frequent posters lately? I've noticed a few regular people are missing compared to 30 or so pages back.
    I'm still here, but I couldn't care less about trials or otherwise even more group content, which seems to be the only not-in-the-distant-future news for ESO updates basically since release. Kind of tired of seeing it, frankly. Maybe 3-5 months from now when they'll supposedly add more solo player content I'll have something to say. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    can anyone describe to me the end game content-
    roughly how long it takes to get max level-
    can u respec-

unsubbed from wow and thinking about giving ESO a try. i know a substantial amount of lore from playing ES4 and 5.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

end game is pvp and trials and soon to be a solo adventure zone and many more in the coming updates
    trials are like short time trial raids with limited resurrections and no limit how many times you can do them a week it's not that hard but there is a hard mode
    you can respec and the leveling can take a long time depends how hard you want to go. also the max level seems to go up every major content update until the champion system
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2014-08-28 at 07:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Leveling from 1 to VR12 takes roughly 300-400 hours (According an official statement released back in beta, though that was for VR10 not 12).

But the quests are much more in-depth and interesting than WoW's, if you've played oblivion/skyrim it'll be familiar, just without the free-roaming (Each zone is instanced and has mobs of a certain level available).

Can't speak for endgame since i ain't there yet,

- - - Updated - - -

Ah crap, first bugged quest I've found: 'Azuras relics' it'll be fixed In 1.4 but I'll be VR 12 by then hopefully, so it won't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

So, how quick is it to get to VR11/12? Faster than previous VR's? Or longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm still here, but I couldn't care less about trials or otherwise even more group content, which seems to be the only not-in-the-distant-future news for ESO updates basically since release. Kind of tired of seeing it, frankly. Maybe 3-5 months from now when they'll supposedly add more solo player content I'll have something to say. :P
    Cha, me too. Also took a break for 2 months for the summer, was hoping thieves guild/dark brotherhood would be on the horizon, but now it's barely being mentioned, sigh. So now I'm just slowly grinding my guys through VR levels while I wait. Not much to talk about currently.

I do have one question though: how long does it take to grind max rank PvP? A week? Month? (My sorc is in desperate need of skill points.) And what's the best way to go about it, if I'm not too good at PvP? Heals/cleanse?

if you do burial or tower grinding in craglorn at most 3 or 4 hours from v10 to v12

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    Cha, me too. Also took a break for 2 months for the summer, was hoping thieves guild/dark brotherhood would be on the horizon, but now it's barely being mentioned, sigh. So now I'm just slowly grinding my guys through VR levels while I wait. Not much to talk about currently.

I do have one question though: how long does it take to grind max rank PvP? A week? Month? (My sorc is in desperate need of skill points.) And what's the best way to go about it, if I'm not too good at PvP? Heals/cleanse?
    Well I just became a tyro, best thing if your bad at pvp is to grab a 'kill 20 X' quest and use a ballista to hit people with it, or if you're poor just try and join the Zerg and slaughter large groups and hope to kill someone.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...agonstar-arena
    The creation of dragonstar arena is up in the official site, I've tried it on the PTS and it looks and feels great, like a difficult version of the arena and crucible in the Fable series, but with more depth.
    I'm not sure what difficulty I did but we couldn't get past the 2nd arena in VR14 (Difficult mode?) trial gear, the first was pretty straight forward with few hazards however.

Also for you lore nuts out there I suspect a certain daedric prince is behind this arena, there are a few hints such as a suspicious woman in front of a shrine who ponders inviting the celestials to partake in the arena (Which would suggest great power or bravery) and a statue of a warrior woman that looks familler to one seen in skyrim, Personally I'd have to guess this points to Boethia running the show here
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-08-28 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always nice to see more Daedric princes, I do hope we get more Sheogorath in the future though
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Always nice to see more Daedric princes, I do hope we get more Sheogorath in the future though
    Aye, he's awesome.
    Also what gear is needed for trials? I'm probably going to hit VR10 half way through Al'akir desert so by the time I'm done with covenant I should be almost ready to do them.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, i just found something really weird while questing in Rivenspire, Those who leveled in Grahtwood might remember this man from this quest:http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Until_Death
    (Screenshot needs to be made smaller again, sorry)

I found him and his dog near Hoarfrost Downs in Rivenspire, they where VR8 and attackable, the dog lacks any animations and the bosmer respawns instantly after being killed (Same with the dog but the corpse remains alive, it's weird...
    Is this some kind of bug? Or an easter egg? I've never seen anything like this before in ESO, and he wasn't there last time i was in rivenspire on my sorc.
    EDIT:Just checked rivenspire on my covenant character, he isn't there, but a lore book is, looks like he replaced the lore book by accident in the dominion veteran zone.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-08-29 at 12:22 PM.

they misflag some npcs once in awhile there was a bard in craglorn that was killable but now hes not

How is the game doing?I'm thinking of buying it but i'm not certain how full are the servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deragot7 View Post
    How is the game doing?I'm thinking of buying it but i'm not certain how full are the servers.
    Quite well, it's a mega server so 700,000 players on two servers (US and EU), low level zones are heavily populated but the veteran zones can be quite scarce, though you don't need more than one extra player to do the world bosses and dark anchors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deragot7 View Post
    The game most likely isn't the huge success people expected with such a large budget and i'm betting atleast 2/3 of the people who bought the game aren't playing it anymore but thanks to their megaserver tech there will always be people around. Veteran zones can be a bit deserted so group content could be a bit tricky to do sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    The game most likely isn't the huge success people expected with such a large budget and i'm betting atleast 2/3 of the people who bought the game aren't playing it anymore but thanks to their megaserver tech there will always be people around. Veteran zones can be a bit deserted so group content could be a bit tricky to do sometimes.
    Group content isn't too bad now, dolmens scale to the number of players (Still not soloable by average joe, but it takes like 2 minutes with 2 people) and world bosses can be done with two to three players. This is in VR zones too.

Does anyone know if the Constitution heavy more passive procs on all damage or just melee damage? Aka, if you are using a ranged weapon in heavy and get hit with an arrow or spell, do you still get mana/stam back?
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Wooo we just got Hel-Ra Hardmode, that makes both Hardmodes cleared Really enjoying them, they are quite challenging and not in a DPS/Heal-check way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally VR10!
    Now for the last two, then I need to figure out a way to get into trials as a 2H sword using 5h/2l wearer.
    Is it worth using my legendery mats to make gear? I can probably only make one item but still...
    Oh and speaking of which what's the best set bonus for a 2h Templar?
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-08-30 at 10:25 PM.

Finally VR10!
    Now for the last two, then I need to figure out a way to get into trials as a 2H sword using 5h/2l wearer.
    Drop the heavy go medium and you will be able to get into trials with a group not consisting of elitist jerks.

Are you a templar? If so, the Templar build here is simply perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Drop the heavy go medium and you will be able to get into trials with a group not consisting of elitist jerks.

Are you a templar? If so, the Templar build here is simply perfect.
    MEDIUM?! Blagh my medium skill Is lower than my light armor skill (Light is 40 medium is 30 Heavy is 50), I was hoping heavy would be viable for non-hardmode trials to DPS in. I'm really going to need to do some searching to find the right playstyle for me come endgame.

Thanks for the guide though, I now have a starting point.

One more thing, should I go all out making gear (Using my legendary tempers ect...) before heading into trials? Or will it just get replaced within seconds of entering?
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-08-30 at 11:35 PM.