Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Herald of the titans in Patch 6.0

My guild is currently in the process of creating a herald of titans group, everything Is planned we are just gearing up/levelling up. The set date for the run is after the presumed 6.0 patch date in October. I understand that reforging and the stat squish will be in effect here which may make the run more difficult as we can no longer stack mastery.

if anyone has a herald toon they can copy to the beta servers could you let me know if hit/exp/dodge/parry are removed and replaced with other stats (on ilvl 226/232 gear) or are they still present on the items, but provide no benefit. Also is the achievement still in the game in 6.0, and will algalon be more difficult after this?

Would like to know for gearing purposes and the dates set.

Thanks.

Deleted
    I tried to copy a character, but apparently blizz does not allow char copys under level 90. At least I always get an error when I try to copy one.

10+ Year Old Account
    To avoid any problems, I believe you should try to get the run done sooner than 6.0.

Hit and Expertise are gone, however the level 80 items still have Dodge and Parry on them. They are, however, greyed out for non-tank specialization classes. The ring ""Signet of the Earthshaker" has 24 Stamina, 16 Strength and 13 Dodge. "Signet of Winter" has 24 Stamina, 12 Dodge, 9 Parry, 35 Bonus Armor and 16 Strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my dk tank :

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the replies I'll ask the raid leader/organiser about moving the date forward to avoid problems, if this isn't an option the other posts have reassured me that it's probibly still doable. The stat % don't seem too different!

10+ Year Old Account
    Weel, loot my mastery, down from 107% to 31% ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Why are you planning a raid in 2 months time? Just do it now.....
    Literally the first sentence says they are still gearing up and leveling.

Yea losing the ability to reforge ecerything into mastery will hurt when i did it on an assassin rogue my poison damge was through the roof
    Nixs

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a complete JOKE. We did it with 7 people and no one was even close to BiS geared. Just get anyone and go for it
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

To avoid any problems, I believe you should try to get the run done sooner than 6.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all Cata (or earlier) raids, you get a x32 damage buff... Shouldn't it be possible to solo it a level 80, while doing 3 full raids worth of damage???
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I believe the damage buff is only in effect if you are x amounts of levels above the creatures.
    Anyway, I doubt this requires much gear to complete nowadays. Just go for it.

It will be easy, classes are stronger than ever in relative terms. It's very easy on MOP now, you don't need even close to ilvl226 gear to beat it with ease. All gear in WOD is squished, it also has the effect that all WOTLK gear will have roughly the same ammount of stats, you may find lower ilvl gear with higher stats than the higher ilvl stuff.

For example I have 2 level 70 twinks copied over, some of the lower ilvl gear now has more stats than the higher ilvl stuff, all the weapons have roughly the same dps, the highest dps weapon of all my Rogues stuff is no longer the Sunwell weapons but instead the Heart Razer Dagger from Tempest Keep. I can't confirm if the same is true at level 80 but it's very likely the case.

So your best in slot sets for Herald of the Titans are almost definitely going to change, you might be searching Naxx for some gear. That aside, for what it's worth my level 70 Prot Warrior Twink is capable of mass pulling the WOTLK dungeons and mowing them down solo pretty quickly.. Like I said, characters are massively powerful.

There is absolutely no worry about being able to do it in 6.0, you will destroy it. The only worry is that they randomly pull the achievement out.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

You can comfortably 5-man this achievement. You will be able to do it effortlessly with 10 80s.

I would do it now just to be on the safe side, since they probably won't be doing any testing/fixes for at level content being too difficult after the squish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

this achievement is more of an excuse to make an ulduar twink but really if all you want is the title just get to 80, fill out your gear with icc 5mans and BoAs, and get it. its a total joke.

I would also like to know if this is still available after patch and in WoD or if they are retiring it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    With all Cata (or earlier) raids, you get a x32 damage buff... Shouldn't it be possible to solo it a level 80, while doing 3 full raids worth of damage???
    Uhm , you're doing 32x etc. damage IF you're level 100 and you are up against lower leveled mobs. Soloing lvl 80 raid content as a lvl 80 char , i don't think thats doable

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The only worry is that they randomly pull the achievement out.
    Which they should've done loooong ago. I don't have any "current content" achievements from mop , besides Garrosh , because i wasn't actively raiding or even playing that much. That's life.
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2014-09-05 at 12:03 AM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The damage buff is based on the character level vs the content level. Assume this buff will not be in place as a lvl 80 character.

As far as mastery goes on a blood dk. That entire fight is just insane amounts of damage.

Our dk was at 108% when we did it. I ended up solo healing and if you look at the healing breakdown of tank absorbs vs my heals on them.

Out of 739k healing on the tank total. only 118k was blood shield. It was useless in comparison to what you see at 90. Your tanks will get crushed as is. Losing a bit of mastery won't change that much. (expect average melee hits between 7-14k)
    Last edited by Nestar; 2014-09-05 at 12:36 AM.