Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Miniatures and Finishers in Your Account Wardrobe

Miniatures and Finishers in Your Account Wardrobe

Greetings, citizens of Tyria! If you’re like me, you’ve greatly enjoyed exploring all the different looks available in armor and weapons since the release of the Wardrobe in our first April 2014 Feature Pack. With this next feature pack, we’re making it even easier to stand out from the crowd by updating the wardrobe with even more features!

Improvements to the Wardrobe

Firstly, we’ve added search capability to both the Wardrobe and Equipment sections of your Hero Panel, allowing you to even more quickly find the gear you’re looking for as your collection of options grows and grows. Right at the top of the Equipment grid, you’ll find a text search box that will filter available options by name as you type. The search will even keep your text active as you switch between equipment slots. This really helps narrow down the list when trying to find matching pieces for many different slots.

We’ve also moved outfits to their own section, separate from equipment skins. We wanted to make it super clear whether you were customizing your equipped gear, which costs transmutation charges, or selecting a full-body outfit, which is always free.

In the new Outfits section, you will now see all the possible outfits and be able to preview them on your character. This works for locked and unlocked outfits alike; both will be visible and available for preview, although we always sort the ones you own to the top. We’ve also added corner tabs to the locked icons which will keep you updated when new or limited outfits are available, or when something gets discounted for sales.

Finishers Now in the Wardrobe

“Well, that’s nice,” you say, “but what about finishers?” I have good news: we’re moving them into the Wardrobe as well to acknowledge them as proper character customizations and help you further make your mark on the world of Tyria—and on your enemies!

The Finisher Panel has been completely reorganized to deal with the larger number of options now available and to feel much more like other character equipment options. Just like outfits and equipment, you can now search for a finisher by name and equip it into an active slot!

Best of all, you can now preview finishers in the Hero Panel. When you open the Finisher view, your currently active finisher plays its animation for you to see. Below the search bar, you’ll see a grid showing all your unlocked finishers first, followed by all the locked ones. Every finisher can be previewed as often as you like. Want to compare the Super Explosive to Whump the Giant? Go for it! Dance battles between the Llama Finisher and the Quaggan Finisher? Yes! There’s no more need to search around PvP maps for opponents to test your moves on. The view scales to give you the best view of each finisher. You can rotate the finisher while it’s playing and even preview locked finishers, replaying them to find the ones you like best. I think you’ll be surprised at the variety of options available to you.

What about Miniatures?

We thought miniatures belonged in the Wardrobe too. Players have been asking for a mini-equip slot for quite a while, so we’re bringing that—and a lot more—to you in September! We’re making a lot of changes to the way minis are collected and stored at the same time to make things even better.

Let’s start with inventory space. All minis can now be treated as account unlocks in the Wardrobe. The new mini section in the Wardrobe allows you to convert any mini in your inventory to an account unlock. Unlocking destroys the mini from your inventory, but once it’s unlocked, that mini is available to all your characters to equip simultaneously for no additional cost.

Double-clicking a mini still works the same way. You can summon and unsummon any mini in your inventory. This does not unlock the mini for your account, however, and does not fully equip the mini. It’s just an easy way to see something in the world before you choose to unlock it.

Collections of Miniatures

Possibly the biggest change with the new account level access to minis was moving the mini collections from the bank to the Hero Panel.

Any minis currently in your bank or bank collection tab will still be in your bank when you log in. You’ll need to take them out individually and choose whether to unlock them for your account or dispose of them some other way. In order to make this easier, all minis of the same type now stack in inventory.

You will no longer deposit minis into bank collections. Once a mini is removed from the bank, the collection space for that mini in the materials area of the bank will disappear. Those collections are being moved to the Wardrobe. New achievements will also now be available for completing Wardrobe account unlocks for the series 1, 2, and 3 minis.

A Wardrobe Full of Miniatures

In the Hero Panel, you’ll find all the options for minis that we have in other Wardrobe areas. Searching, equipping, and even previewing!
    At the top of the panel, you’ll find the search box again, which is great for tracking down where Scarlet or the Mordrem are hiding in your collection. Below that, much like equipment skins, you’ll see all minis currently in your character inventory. From here, you can summon them directly or unlock them for your account.

Below the inventory list, you’ll see a grid of unlocked minis from your account. Account-unlocked minis can be equipped and swapped as part of your character by left-clicking them. Once equipped, there is a show/hide check box that summons and hides your currently equipped miniature. When shown, minis will appear next to you in every map you travel to with no further work necessary to deploy them.

Lastly, a full list of available locked minis you might want to preview can be found below your account list. There are a few minis that remain hidden until unlocked, so we’ve still kept a bit of mystery in the world.

Clicking on any mini, locked or unlocked, shows it next to your character on the right-hand side. You can rotate and preview the mini, seeing detail and size easier than ever before. Best of all, any mini can now be previewed from the Trading Post, inventory, and chat links!

We hope you enjoy all the new features of your heroic wardrobe. I look forward to seeing you, and your minis, in Tyria soon.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/m...ount-wardrobe/
    Valar morghulis

/yawn

was hoping for polymock

For the last 2 previews

"re-imagining collections"
    "Trading 2.0"

It sounds like this "feature patch" is a total bust. Nothing feature about it. Should be named "Quality of life patch we held back on to knock it off as some kind of big content thing. "
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

They just couldn't provide gameplay or content due to this bounty of "features"?

I'd roll my eyes if I wasn't aware of the actual marketing decisions that go into this type development.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They just couldn't provide gameplay or content due to this bounty of "features"?

I'd roll my eyes if I wasn't aware of the actual marketing decisions that go into this type development.
    Move Minis to your wardrobe tab

FEATURE

Move finishers from their own tab to wardrobe

ANOTHER FEATURE

Seriously Anet... just stop. This is as bad as when they said southsun is an expansions worth of content.

Meh

wake me up when the next living story is active. Destiny is going live next week so at least I'll have that to tide me over

what would make this even worse is if minis still disappeared once you die, switch zones, go underwater.

Access to minis on the fly like that is nice and all, but it's not really what I'd call a feature. They've seriously overhyped this 'feature pack'. Only things noteworthy so far are cross-server guilds and the WvW changes. Everything else has been 'why?' or 'meh'.

They should make minis not despawn the moment you fart, maybe I'd accept that as a feature.

More QoL changes (which are nice), but not exactly features...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking back to all the minis I've tossed into the Mystic Forge, listening to their tiny little mini screams while looking aghast at today's skyrocketing mini prices.

As far as what we are getting in this Feature Pack. Look at the last one - we got Megaservers, the Trait acquisition redesign, the Wardrobe and account-wide dye system, changes to Account Bound items, PvP rewards tracks and some miscellaneous things like World Boss timers, Champions and stuff. Feature Packs aren't about content, they are QoL things, some bigger than others.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/April_2014_Feature_Pack

I'm glad they are continuing to build on the Wardrobe concept, it's a really good feature and I have to admit more than a little excited about the WvW changes.
    Valar morghulis

Feature Packs aren't about content...
    I don't think any asserted this as true. Rather people have expressed non enthusiasm for the feature &/or disappointment at the lack of content or gameplay in lieu of such minor features.

This isn't to say necessarily that the features are unwelcome either. Only their scope, pitch and/or the delay of actual content to be less than favorable or impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fencers, I know you in particular have mentioned a couple times how you don't understand why they don't just include these kinds of things with content patches. That's what they were doing before but unfortunately they were getting buried or worse, unnoticed under the focus of the content. Remember when the LFG came out? It took months for that to trickle out to the community that it was even in the game, it got lost under the Tequatl Rising patch.

I think the frequency of the content updates makes it necessary to have the Feature Pack items separate, it's not like games that only patch every few months to a year.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-09-02 at 06:45 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Remember when the LFG came out? It took months for that to trickle out to the community that it was even in the game, it got lost under the Tequatl Rising patch.
    That was also because IIRC it was slowly rolled out to folks as part of a "beta", and wasn't super well communicated overall.

I don't see what in this feature patch is so awsome that content had to stop for a month+ for it.

Really, I like new features/systems/improvements to existing ones, but this feature patch has to be one of the overmarketed things I've seen in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Fencers, I know you in particular have mentioned a couple times how you don't understand why they don't just include these kinds of things with content patches.
    That would be an issue of poor game communication, play transparency and/or marketing.

Other games introduce features without them being "buried" alongside major content additions at fairly regular intervals.

They spread a day or two's announcements over three weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That was also because IIRC it was slowly rolled out to folks as part of a "beta", and wasn't super well communicated overall.

I don't see what in this feature patch is so awsome that content had to stop for a month+ for it.

Really, I like new features/systems/improvements to existing ones, but this feature patch has to be one of the overmarketed things I've seen in quite some time.
    I can agree that some of them are over-hyped - lke the performance changes. It probably represents a ton of work on their end but players don't care about that, they just expect it.

But some of these things are exciting and do deserve some spotlight:

• The $150k PvP World Tournament Series is very exciting and has brought lots of PvPers back.
    • The PvP visuals change and new reward track is cool. There's a whole new set of armor for PvPers to choose from (similar to adding a tier in other games) and the Standard Enemy Models, while not as sexy as some changes was needed.
    • Balance changes are an ongoing thing in any game. Glad they pay attention to it.
    • WvW Improvements - These while not necessarily being game changers in WvW, at least will topple the meta a bit, will definitely spark some new strategies.
    • Commander systems changes - Finally account wide, thank you! New colors are a bonus.
    • WvW Fall Tournament - I love these tournaments and very glad they've shortened it to 4 weeks, the weekly rewards is also a great change.
    • Megaserver changes, Guild Mission reservations and Global guilds -very nice changes, again probably not super sexy but some damn nice improvements to the server architecture and systems.
    • Dungeon Owner and Crafting UI - excellent changes, glad to see these.
    • Crafting backpacks - eh, I'm not huge into crafting but I'm sure there are some that will appreciate a trophy to show off their crafting prowess.
    • New Player Experience - needed, all games need fresh blood to promote growth and longevity.
    • Miniatures and Finishers - the minis changes have been requested for a long time, they improved on our request by giving us a preview function and refining the collection aspect. Finishers also with a preview, nice addition. Probably again represents a significant rework on their end, but everyone I know is happy about it.

As far as content stopping for 1+ month I just have to laugh. Look at how long some other games have to wait.
    Valar morghulis

But, Karizee, what's the purpose of spreading those announcements over 3 weeks? It makes any single announcement underwhelming, making the entire feature pack feel lacking. That, I feel, is the biggest travesty in this release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Karizee you're so out of the pvp loop it's kinda sweet.

WvWvW tourny was a bad idea. It's a feature that actually hurts the mode its intended for. Participation continues to dwindle and they'll be a push for achievement hunting during the tourny and then WvWvW might face its biggest dropoff so far. What happens is that people burnout and just quit the game. Servers are bandwaggoned, left and flamed out for the tourny. Tier 2 just flamed out all at once. It's getting dangerously close to a point where the only future of the mode is one where only one tier of truly active WvWvW exists.

And the pvp tourneys struggle to draw in viewers. Before they offered money for them, they struggled to even draw in teams. People don't care about Conquest mode. They just don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    EotM pulled more players out of WvW than any tournament ever did. And it's a good thing those karma trainers have left WvW proper. It was a game changer for many servers and some are just not able to adapt to not having hordes of zerglings to bag farm or PvD with no strats. WvW is far far better for it, I see much more strategic and siege play now.

I'm in Tier 5 atm, last year I was in Tier 1 and honestly during prime time there's not that much difference in activity. We still queue maps, we still have huge blobs, we still coordinate guilds across maps, it's just as busy as when I was in T1. Nighttime coverage is the only difference which makes sense, but to say 'if there isn't 1000 raiders queueing maps at 3am on my server it's dead" is just stupid.

What is happening to Maguuma is sad to be sure, but nothing that hasn't happened or will continue to happen on other servers as they rise and fall in the rankings. I was on SoR during its time in T1 and during that long, slow, painful fall from grace. What I think needs to happen is some modification to the glicko rating system so that servers are more quickly matched against servers like themselves as far as activity or coverage. Glicko hell is no fun, btdt but when you hit that sweet spot where matches feel fair again it revives the game mode and rallies your server all over again. Attracting players new to WvW via the tournaments brings fresh blood, also a good thing.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't think the feature pack is what is stalling the content, I think it's the new content type that is stalling it. Dry Top and LS2 is much better than the previous stuff that was being pushed out. It think their problem is that it takes time to do that. The feature pack was supposed to fill in the gap. They need to find a way of doing both, having the better content and also having something worthwhile to put in the gap. Perhaps trying to put in a holiday season event might be a better idea.