Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are daibos viable yet?

A friend asked me this question, and the only answer I could give is "probably not". But I saw that hand crossbows were working for demon hunters, so I had hopes that daibos were working well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Flying Dragon BiS now?

If your doing the holy build then sure. IAS + 2hander and smite gem is rather OP. http://www.diablofans.com/builds/835...k-build-quin69

The more IAS = more AS from FD = More FD procs. Its a lot of fun but electrified hurts when you do 6 attacks pr secound
    4set sunwuko is a massive dps boost, but your smite gem will be doing most of the damage. The build is all about procing the gem by attacking at a speed where the game cant keep up (I had my characters animation stop during PTR).

Other sets work aswell, i use innas 4set during group play and go pull monk with a 2hander still. There are also builds around the Seven-Sided Strike daibo where you almost end up being immortal because you are constantly in the SSS animation. Dont play for a build, play with the gear you have.
    Last edited by Consata; 2014-09-05 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, but that's one spec that basically requires you have a specific item in every slot. It doesn't really make two-handers for monks viable any more than Tempest Rush specs in Vanilla made them viable.

Plenty of people use Innas Daibo just because they dont have Flying Dragon. The build still works with any 2hander as its about procing the gem which atm is hitting for 92m for me Hit fast, proc a lot - Thats what the build is about and FD helps a lot, but its far from required.

On the other hand there are still people playing lightning monk(1hand) at 30+ GRifts so both work very well, but the high end is heavily dominated by holy monks(2hand).
    Last edited by Consata; 2014-09-05 at 05:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ok, but that's one spec that basically requires you have a specific item in every slot. It doesn't really make two-handers for monks viable any more than Tempest Rush specs in Vanilla made them viable.
    Even then it didnt make them specifically viable, most folk preferred a Skorn over any Daibo.

I was considering tossing together a Deadly Reach build with Hammer Jammers, Simplicity's Strength, and that one staff that increases Deadly Reach Damage. Staff of Kyo or something to that effect. Add in a Pain Enhancer, and you've got the workings of a powerhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Like i said, play a build around the gear you have. But to answer the question if daibo's are viable, yes. They are the best weapons atm because the best build uses it (for soloing anyways)

yes they are viable, even if you dont have the ones they said. i got the one that increases the damage of deadly reach, got it at 48%, plus all my gear and the primary attack gem and was doing great. wish i have the legendary legs that increase primary attack at that point would have been nice

15+ Year Old Account
    Our monk is running Flying dragon+Peskhov+Sunwoku build and is doing great in our Grifts(36 is highest for our 3man, we are trying 37-38 today) and Torm 6 speedfarm(currently 3.16 average).

I also see other monks running with different daibos, but most of the top ones use Flying dragon IRC.
    Last edited by Deldavala; 2014-09-05 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have flying dragon yet, I'm using the paddle, I can clear up to gRift 27.

Once I get flying dragon, 2 unity, and a SoJ, I should be able to get close to gRift 40. I dont think there is another 2 hander spec that comes close. There are a couple more builds to support, but none have the high dps output.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B.../hero/51721907
    Last edited by Beazy; 2014-09-05 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there so much spirit regen in that spec when there's not even a spirit dump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Why is there so much spirit regen in that spec when there's not even a spirit dump?
    You dump with Sweeping wind, which is why you cannot use innas 3 pc bonus with this setup. It will remove your spirit cost. When flying dragon procs, you pretty much stay capped spirit until the buff ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You dump with Sweeping wind, which is why you cannot use innas 3 pc bonus with this setup. It will remove your spirit cost. When flying dragon procs, you pretty much stay capped spirit until the buff ends.
    Seems flawed. Could just spam Mantra instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Seems flawed. Could just spam Mantra instead.
    You could, but mantra is only 50sp, SW spends 70, so you can technically spam out your spirit faster with SW than Mantra. The whole point of the spec is to get out many clones as quickly as possible.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    heh I think I savaged my flying dragon cause I thought daibos were still crap >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you mean by Viable, but if you mean is Diablo a fun game and worth the investment, I would say absolutely. Its not a game I can play for too long, but its certainly a "viable" video game to play here and there for some fun.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    Not sure what you mean by Viable, but if you mean is Diablo a fun game and worth the investment, I would say absolutely. Its not a game I can play for too long, but its certainly a "viable" video game to play here and there for some fun.
    Hes talking about 2hander monk weapon, not the actual game Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    lol
    /10char

People even go so far as to replace harmony with The Guardian's Path for more spirit regen. The more you have the more you can dump and the more sunwuko procs you get. More sunwoku procs = more dmg done and less damage taken because of the taunt aspect of the clone you spawn. Add that to the insane amount of attack speed you can get with flying dragon and the smite gem and you have a build that can probably do GRift 38 in the right gear.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C...2268/hero/8457
    I use Breath of Heaven because i have iceblimbers. If i didnt have thos rare boots id use The Crudest boots and Mystic Ally (Fire or Air). Can also swap mantra to Salvation and Agility, but i prefer the shielding and dmg reduction from Time of Need.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like fun, but that takes a 4-piece set bonus and other required items so I'll never see it. Is there anything viable a little more vague?