Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Well, Direwolf20's ForgeCraft (3? 1? I don't remember) series is on 1.7.10 as far as I know. Probably a few others on that server recording as well. Also BevoLJ is doing videos of his own Bevo's Tech Pack, which is also 1.7.
    Exceptions that prove the rule: ForgeCraft is a test server designed for mod development, and Bevo is the "modded news" guy---of course he's pushing the edge of the development arc. I stand by my point---1.6 isn't going anywhere any time soon, let alone 1.7.
    Amateur dinosaur hunter and extreme weather enthusiast, whose interests include spoken mime, armchair parkour, tactical gaslighting (for fun or for pay), conspicuous ninjutsu and Schröedinger's pentameter—of which this sentence may or may not be an example.​

Deleted
    Time will tell. I like progress so I'm hoping mod makers move on to 1.7.10. Most of them seem to have, but that doesn't mean a load of people won't still play 1.6 because their favourite mod hasn't moved on (or has been abandoned).

Change is usually good. Except when gregorius initiates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngar View Post
    crash of REIKAs DragonAPI should be solved : look at new "1.7.10+V1b" version

PS: how many posts I have to have, that I could post links?
    Pretty sure its 10.

I reloaded my server with 1.6.4 due to the lag/freeze problem with 1.7.10 using cauldron and fast craft helped but not enough. I guess I will staying at 1.6.4 untill 1.8 mods come out if the lag problem has been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsaffle13 View Post
    I reloaded my server with 1.6.4 due to the lag/freeze problem with 1.7.10 using cauldron and fast craft helped but not enough. I guess I will staying at 1.6.4 untill 1.8 mods come out if the lag problem has been fixed.
    What are your server specs? I have no idea what kinds of monster rigs people are using with a heavily modded minecraft(100+ mods) without getting any lag with multiple players on the server. I have a c2d e8400 clocked to 3.6ghz and 4gb memory and yet it has problems with two people moving fast across the world. Memory did nothing to reduce this problem so it has to be pure cpu power or something I'm just missing. I've gone through the tps and it's *always* the world tick acting up when people are moving across chunks fast.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    What are your server specs? I have no idea what kinds of monster rigs people are using with a heavily modded minecraft(100+ mods) without getting any lag with multiple players on the server. I have a c2d e8400 clocked to 3.6ghz and 4gb memory and yet it has problems with two people moving fast across the world. Memory did nothing to reduce this problem so it has to be pure cpu power or something I'm just missing. I've gone through the tps and it's *always* the world tick acting up when people are moving across chunks fast.
    I/me using a virtual box with up to 8GB ram (pretty much stay under 1 GB) running 145 mods minecraft version 1.6.4 and have had 10 people on with no lag. People are thousands of blocks apart using jetpacks and haste to get around. Sometimes we can tell when someone goes to another dimension (magic forest, witchery dream world, the deep dark, the nether, and mystcraft).

This is the same server I tried running 99 mods on with minecraft 1.7.10 and found it unplayable. Under 1.6.4 we trimmed it down to 145 from the starting total of around 196 (duplicate items in the mods found no use for them.) So for now calling 1.7.10 a bust.

I/me using a virtual box with up to 8GB ram (pretty much stay under 1 GB) running 145 mods minecraft version 1.6.4 and have had 10 people on with no lag. People are thousands of blocks apart using jetpacks and haste to get around. Sometimes we can tell when someone goes to another dimension (magic forest, witchery dream world, the deep dark, the nether, and mystcraft).

This is the same server I tried running 99 mods on with minecraft 1.7.10 and found it unplayable. Under 1.6.4 we trimmed it down to 145 from the starting total of around 196 (duplicate items in the mods found no use for them.) So for now calling 1.7.10 a bust.
    You forgot to mention the cpu.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    You forgot to mention the cpu.
    E5-1650 V2 It's a hosted server I pay $24.95 a month for and love the service
    I've had the service for almost a year and the only time i was dispointed was with 1.7.10!

New mod worth considering......INpureCore.

Core Features:

Built in NEI culling. Poof all but one microblock from the list. No need to mess with categories.
    Extendable scripting engine. Supports Javascript, Lua, and Ruby.
    Your average block/item boilerplate classes.

The core can currently cull the following things from NEI:

ForgeMicroblocks
    BuildCraft facaces
    Applied Energistics 2 facaces
    ExtraUtilities microblocks
    ExtraUtilities drums
    Biblocraft furniture.
    Vanilla blocks like mob spawners, portal blocks, fire, etc.

In most cases it will leave 1 of each type of thing visible in NEI so you know it exists and how to craft it. So you can see the drum recipe, but not the filled drum for every single liquid in the dictionary.

Each of these culling modules can be shut down individually via config.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...enoflions-mods

Also when i update To gregtech 5.04.02 and have binnies mods dev4 my load time is down to 8 minutes. Just an update on that.
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-09-07 at 11:12 AM.

Does anyone know if there is a config option for the Thermal expansion energy cells in 1.6.4? We have thermal expansion and mekanism installed and the energy cube/cells are almost the same size in storage!! I want to increase the cells in thermal expansion to give people a reason to build them. Any ideas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iTraumatik View Post
    New mod worth considering......INpureCore.

Core Features:

Built in NEI culling. Poof all but one microblock from the list. No need to mess with categories.
    Extendable scripting engine. Supports Javascript, Lua, and Ruby.
    Your average block/item boilerplate classes.

The core can currently cull the following things from NEI:

ForgeMicroblocks
    BuildCraft facaces
    Applied Energistics 2 facaces
    ExtraUtilities microblocks
    ExtraUtilities drums
    Biblocraft furniture.
    Vanilla blocks like mob spawners, portal blocks, fire, etc.

In most cases it will leave 1 of each type of thing visible in NEI so you know it exists and how to craft it. So you can see the drum recipe, but not the filled drum for every single liquid in the dictionary.

Each of these culling modules can be shut down individually via config.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...enoflions-mods
    This sounds extremely useful. I'll be adding it to my client (assuming it's client side only)

Does anyone know if there is a config option for the Thermal expansion energy cells in 1.6.4? We have thermal expansion and mekanism installed and the energy cube/cells are almost the same size in storage!! I want to increase the cells in thermal expansion to give people a reason to build them. Any ideas?
    Maybe I misunderstand but they are quite different in 1.6.4 (TE3), no? In TE2 there was only 1 Energy Cell I think...

Leadstone Energy Cell: Stores 400,000 RF, transfers up to 80 RF/t
    Hardened Energy Cell: Stores 2,000,000 RF, transfers up to 400 RF/t
    Redstone Energy Cell : Stores 10,000,000 RF, transfers up to 2,000 RF/t
    Resonant Energy Cell: Stores 50,000,000 RF, transfers up to 10,000 RF/t

Or do you want the TE Cells to be bigger than the Mekanism onces? Then I have no Idea how to do that...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyk View Post
    Maybe I misunderstand but they are quite different in 1.6.4 (TE3), no? In TE2 there was only 1 Energy Cell I think...

Leadstone Energy Cell: Stores 400,000 RF, transfers up to 80 RF/t
    Hardened Energy Cell: Stores 2,000,000 RF, transfers up to 400 RF/t
    Redstone Energy Cell : Stores 10,000,000 RF, transfers up to 2,000 RF/t
    Resonant Energy Cell: Stores 50,000,000 RF, transfers up to 10,000 RF/t

Or do you want the TE Cells to be bigger than the Mekanism onces? Then I have no Idea how to do that...

Yea I was hoping to make the TE ones hold more then the mekanism ones but they are pretty much the same so no one builds the TE ones.

Deleted
    Yea I was hoping to make the TE ones hold more then the mekanism ones but they are pretty much the same so no one builds the TE ones.
    TC ones are more configurable, which is one of the main reasons I prefer them. Only having one output is kind of annoying to me. Then again, the Mekanism ones seem to have a higher transfer rate...

Hey. Know any other dimensions mod other then twilight forest for 1.7.10? Something that adds more dimensions / trees would be awesome. I have the biomes one listed. I saw a mod called orespawn but sadly, they won't be updated from 1.6.4.

Microsoft reportedly in talks to buy Minecraft studio Mojang for 2 Billion dollars

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/10/mi...studio-mojang/

Woohoo Minecraft 2 ??!?!?! Boo , probably no more mods... just my take.

Two things. Logistics pipes keeps crashing in 1.7.10. Second. mr crays furniture mod is up to 1.7.10. Should add this mod to your list

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...ecorations-and

Really nice for decorative items.

A mod to keep an eye on from RWTema ....

FunkyLocomotion, "ALPHA state right now"

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-m...nky-locomotion

FL adds an advanced variant of the vanilla piston that can push a wide variety of blocks that the regular piston can't (including tile entities, 'heavy blocks' such as obsidian and 'soft blocks' such as torches and dust). It just needs a redstone signal and a block update (that may be caused by the redstone signal) to move. There is also a variant of this that can 'pull' blocks towards it (but can't push unlike the sticky piston). You can right-click a side to rotate the pusher to that direction.
    It also adds 'Frames' which can connect together and 'stick' to adjacent blocks. When a frame is pushed/pulled, the entire structure it is connected with is pushed (provided there is room). You can right-click a side with a wrench to 'close' it and prevent frames from sticking to block or frame on that side. Note: this does not work both ways and a frame with an 'open' side will connect to a frame with a 'closed' side. The 'open/closed' settings are preserved when the block is broken.

Mod updates on twitter i just found (from BeovLJ's youtube) if anybody interested https://twitter.com/ModdingUpdates

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Two things. Logistics pipes keeps crashing in 1.7.10. Second. mr crays furniture mod is up to 1.7.10. Should add this mod to your list

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...ecorations-and

Really nice for decorative items.
    What is "crashing" about LP in 1.7.10 ? Are you only using Buildcraft 6.0.17 and Forge build 1208 and / or under ?
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-09-11 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Two things. Logistics pipes keeps crashing in 1.7.10.
    works flawless for me so far. Works only with Buildcraft 6.0.17 and Forge not higher than 1208

Find it here

btw if you are using the forestry backpack you need to add new items by reference and NOT item id

like that -> backpacks.miner.items=Thaumcraft:ItemShard:*;

All thaumcraft shards now go to your mining backpack when you pick them up by mining...
    Last edited by Tommyk; 2014-09-11 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuzzzie, I have loved using this post to keep myself and family updated, and am glad that your real life is finally taking charge, that is as it should be. My suggestion, since your last post of any type was on 8/28/2014, is to do as you suggested in your big post, and find someone else to take over this post, if they are interested. That way, updates will continue and you do not have to spend any time on it.

Once again, not complaining, since I am a firm believer that Real Life comes first over any game, just a suggestion.

May you and yours have a good one.
    ..and for those that will certaintly take some sort of offense to this comment, please remember, just as your comments are, this comment is my opinion, and I wont flame you for ur opinion, dont flame me for mine.