Poll: Worst continent ?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

What is the worst continent in WoW in terms of atmosphere ?

Not counting draenor as everyone didnt see it yet

azeroth and kalimdor counted as a single continent

Why are you counting Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor as one? They are two separate continents.

Still though, I vote Kalimdor. Most of the zones there I hated leveling in.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the point of this because Kalimdor/EK have much more zones than Outland/Northrend/Pandaria. Some of those zones might have good atmosphere, some don't. It isn't really fair to compare them because of the size difference.

You would have been better off just doing Outland/Northrend/Pandaria.

I'd vote Kalimdor as well. Why did you combine Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor?

Geography lesson: Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are two separate continents.

Northrend and Pandaria are also Azeroth.

Azeroth is the whole world. Or globe. Not a continent.

Yet another MMO-C poll that is impossible to vote on and will provide useless results.

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally hate pandaria's atmosphere the most.
    Hi

Deleted
    Outland all the way, holy hell was it boring to start in a featureless wasteland, of course there were a couple of good zones but frankly the overall score for that continent is in the negative for me.

I loved Burning Crusade and Outland at the time, but there were too many stark, bright colors in my opinion. Starting with Wrath and Northrend the style of the zones became fantastic.

Even though I'm choosing Outland, two of the most memorable zones in the game to me are Zangarmarsh and Nagrand. None of the continents were "all bad" to me.

Oh hai! Another pointless hater thread. How original.

Deleted
    Outland hands down. Nagrand and Shadowmoon are probably the only zones there which I don't hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Pandaland, because fuck pandas.

Now if i could have chosen Kalimdor i would have. Hate those zones. The night elf lands give me a headache, the barrens are barren (Though i love the southern barrens now), and the desert zones are the worst representations of deserts i have ever seen in a video game.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-09-09 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Actually that's incorrect, while Azeroth is the name of the planet, it is also the name of the Eastern Kingdoms subcontinent below Khaz Modan. The Kingdom of Stormwind inhabits the Azeroth subcontinent, and in older days before the first war was called the Kingdom of Azeroth
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account

Yet another MMO-C poll that is impossible to vote on and will provide useless results.
    The problem is in Warcraft "Azeroth" was often referred to part of the Eastern Kingdoms. I don't know why anyone would make that mistake nowadays though.

Outland to me has the best zones. With the exception of maybe Storm Peaks and Crystalsong forest, never have the zones had so much creativity.

Hellfire is arguably the worst, but it serves it's purpose as a Hellfire wasteland.

The HUGE mushrooms in Zangarmarsh, plus the ambient tone and color make this zone epic.

Nagrand is Nagrand. Probably the most loved zone in all of Outland. The huge floating rocks with waterfalls that come out of nowhere are epic.

Terrokkar Forest: The trees with the glowing light shining through make this zone look epic. Then in your travels you comes across this wasteland known as Auchindoun, and you wonder what happened here? Plus Shattrath is here.

Shadowmoon Valley: The fel energies running through this zone make it epic. The huge mountain with green shit all over the place. Plus coming up on this huge palace looking this such as the Black Temple make this zone look epic.

Blades Edge mountain: HELLO! There are huge SPIKES coming out all over the place. I remember the first time I saw Zangarmarsh I was awestruck, then not much later I see these HUGE spikes coming out of the mountain, and I almost came in my pants.

Netherstorm: Hello! There's a huge NETHER STORM going on. And huge floating dungeon and raid instances. And bio domes!

On top of this all you have the spacey, planetary sky in all the zones, that just make it out of this world. And really this is why Outland, to me, was so much better than any other zones in the game. Because it was so alien. The designers really got to use some creativity that, as I said before, hasn't been seen since in the zones.

How anyone can think any zone in Pandaria is better than Outland is crazy! Pandaria was just awful. I remember not being totally impressed with the Jade Forest, and hoping it would get better as I saw each zone, and it never got better. Just shitty bland zones in all of Pandaria. The only thing cool about Pandaria were the mountainous regions of Kun Lai. Blizzard did an exceptional job with the realism of the mountains, and with the ambient changes as you gradually got higher in altitude. It really does feel like I'm climbing a mountain in Tibet.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-09-09 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth/Kalimdor?

Anyway I say Outland only because nothing has changed there, nothing. It's been the same old content from when Burning Crusade was released so it's so boring anymore to quest there. It's sad too because that used to be my most favorite place to quest. After questing there so many times, I now just try to just rush through it so I can quest in Northrend.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't decide, the individual zones make it rather difficult to come to an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Geography lesson: no it's not.

http://wowpedia.org/Azeroth_(continent)

Outland, if i never see hellfire again it'll be too soon. Sure the whole thing was nice at first but alts have ruined it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Well I voted outland (before I read any comments or checked the poll) but was still suprised so many agreed... I was expecting Pandaria to be leading just because "lol Pandas". I loved BC for the raids, dungeons and theme but the actual world zones were pretty lacking in atmosphere with the exception of Shadowmoon. WOTLK wins hands down for continent with best atmosphere.

It doesn't make sense to put Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor together as a poll option. Why not seperate them?

My vote would have to go to Pandaria, not a fan of that continent in general.