Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irredeemable View Post
    I came back a couple weeks ago - didn't play at all during Pandaria - and decided to finally give my warrior a chance. The character has Engineering 600 and Alchemy (meh) 525. I'm considering changing Alchemy for Jewelcrafting or Blacksmithing - would first transmute a couple mats for crafting. I know I should go with BS DPS wise, but combat perks will be removed in WoD. I really dislike depending on people's good will to craft anything, so JC would be great. Unfortunately, gems seems to have lost a big portion of its importance in the expansion. Which one is the best option?
    Wouldn't it be a pain to level JC or Blacksmithing to 600 without mining? For that reason, I'd be inclined to stay with what you have. Alchemy is never a bad choice if you raid (and so need flasks etc) and usually has a valuable daily transmute CD.

More generally, I'd be reluctant to make a big time investment to switch profs now when they are going to be less important in WoD (no combat perks) and the details don't seem quite clear yet.

If you have a miner alt, so switching profs is not a big obstacle, I'd be inclined to go BS than JC. JC is very convenient for self-sufficiency on live, as there are so many gem slots but as you say, most of them are apparently going in WoD. BS being able to craft warrior gear sounds like it will become more even valuable in WoD than it currently is.

Alchemy / Herbalism. WoD is going to be a no-alts expansion for me, and flasks are something folks always like having.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Wouldn't it be a pain to level JC or Blacksmithing to 600 without mining? For that reason, I'd be inclined to stay with what you have. Alchemy is never a bad choice if you raid (and so need flasks etc) and usually has a valuable daily transmute CD.

More generally, I'd be reluctant to make a big time investment to switch profs now when they are going to be less important in WoD (no combat perks) and the details don't seem quite clear yet.

If you have a miner alt, so switching profs is not a big obstacle, I'd be inclined to go BS than JC. JC is very convenient for self-sufficiency on live, as there are so many gem slots but as you say, most of them are apparently going in WoD. BS being able to craft warrior gear sounds like it will become more even valuable in WoD than it currently is.
    Even though I have a lvl 85, miner / herbalist druid, I was planning to just buy everything from the Auction House, maybe farm something that is really expensive. Leveling the druid to 100 is in my plans, but I really dislike the class and I'm not in the mood for it right now. The character was leveled mostly through grant a level and gathering, which will be a pain in the ass not being able to fly until 90.

So far, I'm more inclined to go JC. I really enjoy being self-sufficient and, usually, BS crafted gear is only worth it during the beginning of content, right?

Thank you very much for your reply.
    Please, help me improve my English! Feel free to point out any mistake. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna continue with mining 'cause I find gathering ore to be relaxing, and it nets a nice bit of gold.
    I'm gonna continue with jewelcrafting as well since I like the abundance of stuff I can make with it (pets, mounts, gems) and this stuff makes for good gifts or gold boosters.

I have one max level alt who I'll be playing who has herbalism and alchemy, and I'll also be keeping those for pretty much the exact same reasons as above. Relaxation gathering, gifts, gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main will have jc/ench, just because I cbf picking up something else. Alts will cover the other profs, with multiple scribes/alch

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Yes, it seems that you learn recipes from the small buildings, not trainers, so that you will want the small buildings that match your crafting professions.
    Not quite, last weekend when I pottered around I could learn the patterns off the trainer's in asheran as well.
    The big thing about the small garrison buildings is 'work orders'.
    Example - Alch needs a reagent "Alchemical Catalyst" that is crafted by a daily (min 4 + more depending on skill level)
    however via the work orders in the building you can get more per day (1,3,5 orders per day depending on level of building)
    Since the Catalyst in used in nearly every flask this becomes very useful.

I believe it was mentioned that there would be some patterns restricted to the Garrison building but I'm not sure if that's in or not.

Engineering and Alchemy (I dont know if will be best in WoD, but in every other expansion, the Alchemy trinket and the Engineering goggles have always been easily accessable trinket that's normally BiS before raid.)

Also cant let go of my engineering items, theyre too much fun.

Deleted
    I'm starting to get serious doubts about my current professions (herb/tailoring, Hunter)... Tailoring is great but I feel like it will lose some potential in WoD with the bags only being 2 slots bigger, and since I have full 28 slot bags everywhere (and have enough cloth to craft 40 more when Spirits becomes BoE) I feel like dropping it for LW.

My other is Herb, which is great because I really like farming, and herb works really well with Inscription which I have on my alt, and flasks/pots are always expensive early in an expansion so it's really nice to be able to farm them myself or as moneymaker.
    The bad thing is that herb doesen't really give my character anything, compared to a crafting one where I can get another mount or the crafting only pers.

If I decide to get LW, do I need Skinning? I've read that the garrisons will be able to produce leather for me, but will it really be enough if I'm a "hardcore professioner" that likes to craft and sell alot of stuff? I think not (correct me If I'm wrong, Im not in beta)

So last week of MoP I'll probably reroll to skinning/LW unless I get persuaded otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mining / Engineering on my paladin still, cause Engineering is fun and I'm too lazy to maintain a dedicated farming alt. Also too lazy/poor to relevel a proper profession.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Hyu View Post
    Engineering and Alchemy (I dont know if will be best in WoD, but in every other expansion, the Alchemy trinket and the Engineering goggles have always been easily accessable trinket that's normally BiS before raid.)

Also cant let go of my engineering items, theyre too much fun.
    Pretty sure they're the only BoP things of any notable combat power about so will be BiS again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Pretty sure they're the only BoP things of any notable combat power about so will be BiS again.
    The goggles got the "Warlords crafted (3)" limitation in the latest beta build. A few craftable bop and boe items still don't have it, but it could be that they haven't gotten around to updating them yet. Alchemy trinket might escape due to it's lower ilvl.

If all the BoP items get the limitation, they won't offer notable combat power unless that specific item is somehow better for you than the alternatives. That might happen with the Inscription weapons for example, since there are no BoE equivalents for many classes. The current situation is like this for high quality items:

Limit (3) items:
    Leatherworking, Tailoring and Blacksmithing can make BoE armor pieces for all 8 armor slots.
    Jewelcrafting can make BoE rings and necks.
    Blacksmithing can make BoE strength and agility weapons
    Inscription can make a BoP spellpower staff, agility staff, BoE wand
    Engineering can make goggles

No limit:
    Leatherworking and Tailoring can make BoE cloaks
    Engineering can make a BoP gun
    Inscription can make BoE Darkmoon Trinkets and BoE spellpower offhand
    Alchemy can make a BoP trinket

Of these I'd expect most items except maybe Darkmoon and Alchemy trinkets to get the limit eventually. Right now the system feels unfinished

10+ Year Old Account
    I've all professions at this moment on my Characters but for my main I think I'll go for the first week with Herbalism and Alchemy and switch before raid starts for other stuff.

But since professions are not bringing anything to raids, not sure if I'm really gonna switch herbalism for Leatherworking again.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

What's the minimum level required for doing inscription on alts to help with the new Darkmoon trinkets?

10+ Year Old Account
    As it stands, I have all profs divided over alts, and I will level all of them to max by the end of the xpac.

However, with the lvl90 boost, gonna make a new toon, that I expect to raid on. I believe for raids, Engi and Alch are the two best. Unless something has drastically changed, the early head and tinket pieces are great to have. Nice to know that there is someone who can thrown down a jeeves (does this count as a toy that my other engi can put into the shared toybox?). And flasks last twice as long, so less are used. I'm also going to lvl to 60, learn the two profs, then boost to 90, to get the instant max level in them. My other two mains are warrior, with mining, and shammy, with herb, so I can provide the mats I need, plus mats you can get in garrison.

And to answer an earlier remark, anyone can disenchant, if they have the enchanting station on their garrison. I might put that up, just to know I can take anything and turn it into mats for my enchanter.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    The goggles got the "Warlords crafted (3)" limitation in the latest beta build. A few craftable bop and boe items still don't have it, but it could be that they haven't gotten around to updating them yet. Alchemy trinket might escape due to it's lower ilvl.

If all the BoP items get the limitation, they won't offer notable combat power unless that specific item is somehow better for you than the alternatives. That might happen with the Inscription weapons for example, since there are no BoE equivalents for many classes. The current situation is like this for high quality items:

Limit (3) items:
    Leatherworking, Tailoring and Blacksmithing can make BoE armor pieces for all 8 armor slots.
    Jewelcrafting can make BoE rings and necks.
    Blacksmithing can make BoE strength and agility weapons
    Inscription can make a BoP spellpower staff, agility staff, BoE wand
    Engineering can make goggles

No limit:
    Leatherworking and Tailoring can make BoE cloaks
    Engineering can make a BoP gun
    Inscription can make BoE Darkmoon Trinkets and BoE spellpower offhand
    Alchemy can make a BoP trinket

Of these I'd expect most items except maybe Darkmoon and Alchemy trinkets to get the limit eventually. Right now the system feels unfinished
    That makes engineering helmet dead in the water due to everyone getting a guaranteed LFR helmet - there will be bigger upgrades in the beginning. Shame.
    The inscription trinkets while finally having ilvl boosts are still fairly weak carrying crit. On the other hand if they did not join the CD then inscription would once again be a great moneymaker early WoD, and fantastic for anyone who can use the weapons.

Everyone else is going ot have to suck it with the BoE pieces I imagine. All weapons should be off the limit really otherwise dual wielders / shield users are unfairly penalized (although that's hardly uncommon). What should happen and what will happen are likely 2 different things.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    That makes engineering helmet dead in the water due to everyone getting a guaranteed LFR helmet - there will be bigger upgrades in the beginning. Shame.
    The inscription trinkets while finally having ilvl boosts are still fairly weak carrying crit. On the other hand if they did not join the CD then inscription would once again be a great moneymaker early WoD, and fantastic for anyone who can use the weapons.

Everyone else is going ot have to suck it with the BoE pieces I imagine. All weapons should be off the limit really otherwise dual wielders / shield users are unfairly penalized (although that's hardly uncommon). What should happen and what will happen are likely 2 different things.
    The MC Helm has a ilvl of 640, which is the same ilvl as all crafted helms. Only difference it, it can be upgraded and they appear to be BoE now. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    The MC Helm has a ilvl of 640, which is the same ilvl as all crafted helms. Only difference it, it can be upgraded and they appear to be BoE now. Keep that in mind.
    Yes, noones going to use a limited 3 engineering helmet with the MC helmet. That was the point...

Always going to stick with engineering its just too fun even if they ruin it some more.

15+ Year Old Account
    All of em most likely

Is it any point in having multiple Blacksmith and Alchemists? For BS i just plan on making the weapons, for alchmist, is there any "living steel" equivalentin WoD?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

RIP professions.

They will not only no longer help you to make your toon more powerful than the next guy but they will no longer help you to make gold.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP