Deleted

Lightbulb Ret - Haste cap inside and outside of raid

I have a question concerning the haste cap for retradins.

Without raid buffs, my haste is at 39.98%. I read that you shouldn't go higher than 40%, and that your haste percentage would go up to 50% in a raid environment with all the buffs from party members. Yet, when I'm in a raid group, my haste percentage goes up to 57%. Is this still viable?

I know that after a certain amount of haste, you're unable to cast HoW with SW for example. Wasn't that at 50%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salahuddin View Post
    I have a question concerning the haste cap for retradins.

Without raid buffs, my haste is at 39.98%. I read that you shouldn't go higher than 40%, and that your haste percentage would go up to 50% in a raid environment with all the buffs from party members. Yet, when I'm in a raid group, my haste percentage goes up to 57%. Is this still viable?

I know that after a certain amount of haste, you're unable to cast HoW with SW for example. Wasn't that at 50%?
    The "haste" buff you get in raids is a simple attack speed buff that does not contribute to CDR on your GCD or your abilities. Any and all haste caps are "unbuffed" haste, and the only ones you should be interested in are at 40% haste (17k haste rating) and 50% haste rating (21250 haste - referred to as the GCD cap, this is technically incorrect, as you are in fact not "capped" for GCDs, but simply reach a point where SoB can no longer reduce your GCD further. You will still have as many empty globals as with any other haste rating, said empty globals will simply be shorter.)

Hello.
    The amount of haste you want is 40% unbuffed (17000 rating or slightly above, like 17.1k) OR 50% haste unbuffed (21250 rating or slightly above, like 21.3k)
    The reason for this is that for every 10% of haste (from rating, not buffs) gives you 1 extra Hammer of Wrath during Sanctified Wrath, which is currently our best single target talent.
    While there's definitely benefits of haste between 40% and 50% it's better to stay at 40% and then go mastery/crit until your gear lets you go to 50% haste by rating alone.
    Buffs that gives haste doesn't make any difference for us except speeding up our melee swings.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Its been a whilst since I played ret but:

Keep in mind that attack speed =/= haste. It wont lower your GCD's on Sanctity of Battle but probably appears on your character sheet as melee haste.

Raid buffs the actually increase haste and not just spell haste or attack speed, i.e Heroism, will work with SoB

Fun Fact: If you are doing Alysrazor and reach high enough haste from Blazing Power your rotation is literally Hammer of Wrath x 3 -> Spend
    Last edited by mmoc92b54dcdea; 2014-09-11 at 01:03 AM.

On this same topic. My paladin is at 45.92% haste unbuffed. I should drop down to 40% and up mastery or crit? Working on H siegecrafter now, what should i reforge into, mastery or crit?

Quote Originally Posted by xpyre View Post
    On this same topic. My paladin is at 45.92% haste unbuffed. I should drop down to 40% and up mastery or crit? Working on H siegecrafter now, what should i reforge into, mastery or crit?
    If you're staying on boss and killing empowered mines/small mines, i'd do mastery and divine purpose.

Sorry, should have thrown that in there, im on belts for most of the fight. I do a burn on siege while hunter gets first belt, then i run over for second.

Mastery is more reliable, crit is potentially higher or lower.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!