Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stonemaul Clan for Playable Ogre Faction?

The Stonemaul Clan joined the Horde directly after the tauren and was formerly led by Rexxar, who gave the title of the leader of the Clan to another ogre who abused that power and was taken over by another ogre. It would be the most likely candidate for playable ogres as they have been a part of the Horde since Pre-Vanilla and Blizzard would have a chance to add Rexxar in more events.

Here are some ideas:

Mounts: Bears

Classes:
    *Warrior
    *Hunter (w/brown hyena)
    *Shaman
    *Warlock
    *Mage
    *Death Knight
    *Monk
    *Rogue
    *Priest

What do you think?
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2014-09-11 at 11:28 PM.

It's basically the default Ogre playable race suggestion, which we've heard unexaggeratedly hundreds of times before. But yeah, Ogres are the likeliest future Horde race, and the Stonemaul are already members of the Horde, so naturally, why not?

There are also the suggestions of Ogres originating in Frostfire who allied with the Frostwolves, the Ogri'la from Outland who found themselves intelligent due to the Apexis Crystals, and the female Ogres from the mythical island of Ogrezonia, which may or may not exist.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It's basically the default Ogre playable race suggestion, which we've heard unexaggeratedly hundreds of times before. But yeah, Ogres are the likeliest future Horde race, and the Stonemaul are already members of the Horde, so naturally, why not?

There are also the suggestions of Ogres originating in Frostfire who allied with the Frostwolves, the Ogri'la from Outland who found themselves intelligent due to the Apexis Crystals, and the female Ogres from the mythical island of Ogrezonia, which may or may not exist.
    Yeah, I think it wouldn't be to out there for the other races of the Horde to influence the ogres to become more intelligent and speak "less barbaric". What do you think?

Are we talking Ogre's with two heads or one?

I'm also curious on the potential racials.

Here's hoping they become a horde race soon.
    Last edited by Pabzi; 2014-09-11 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont care what clan they come from the could very much come from pony tail clan but as long as they are ogres im down , with ogres in the horde will be complete .

Quote Originally Posted by zettazlow View Post
    Are we talking Ogre's with two heads or one?

'm also curious on the potential racials.

Here's hoping they become a horde race soon.
    One headed, but in the clan also exists half-orcs (half orc and ogre)

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    The Stonemaul Clan joined the Horde directly after the tauren and was formerly led by Rexxar, who gave the title of the leader of the Clan to another ogre who abused that power and was taken over by another ogre. It would be the most likely candidate for playable ogres as they have been a part of the Horde since Pre-Vanilla and Blizzard would have a chance to add Rexxar in more events.

Here are some ideas:

Classes:
    *Warrior
    *Hunter (w/brown hyena)
    *Shaman
    *Warlock
    *Mage
    *Death Knight
    *Monk
    *Rogue
    *Priest

What do you think?
    I think that a lore reason isn't why Blizzard has yet to include Ogres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    also i heard that blizz was having a hard time figuring female ogres out so maybe thats why they havent made ogres a playable race yet but i know they will come to be a playable race 100 % sure.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After watching the Grom video, I cannot be satisfied with the idiotic Azeroth Ogres.

If we want Ogres, we want Draenor Ogres.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like it if Ogres got Crocolisks or Clefthooves as their ground mount. I would also like two-headed Ogres as a possibility, at least for casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    After watching the Grom video, I cannot be satisfied with the idiotic Azeroth Ogres.

If we want Ogres, we want Draenor Ogres.
    How do you know the Stonemaul Ogres are idiots? What if they became more "civilized" by Rexxar and interaction with the other races the Horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you look at the ogres they are way too big to be a playable race and if they were to reduce their size to that of a tauren they wouldn't even look like ogres anymore, just a taller, fatter human and that would be stupid because ogres are supposed to be giant in size not little fat guys. I'm not against the idea or anything, playing as an ogre would be fun but they are just way too big, I just don't think it would work. Being able to transform into them using an item I think is enough.

Plus, as I've always been saying, we have enough playable races as it is. I'd rather have Blizzard make our current races have more customizable features. We need to focus more on what we have now and make them better rather than piling on race after race just because they're cool until we have a roster equivalent to that of a fighting game.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

Here are some ideas:

Classes:
    *Warrior
    *Hunter (w/brown hyena)
    *Shaman
    *Warlock
    *Mage
    *Death Knight
    *Monk
    *Rogue
    *Priest

What do you think?
    Boars****

But otherwise you're spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    No rogues, no death knights, no monks and sounds good.
    Rogues I can't see, but DKs and Monks make sense. Ogres have been around longer and it makes more sense for them to be DKs than Worgen (even though I love my Worgen DK). Monk makes sense if a traveling Pandaren happened upon them (pretty much what they said for ALL other races as Monks).
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2014-09-12 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    just hope the female ogres doesn't look like a male ogre with a wig on.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

10+ Year Old Account

I would love Ogres being playable, and I think Clefthooves would be a better choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    No rogues, no death knights, no monks and sounds good.
    Why?
    I would love if Ogres were Death Knights, and Monks in their class customization. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shogunit3 View Post
    just hope the female ogres doesn't look like a male ogre with a wig on.
    I'm sure the model will look like the Ogre, but be a little different.
    Like the Orcs share the same skin colour and hair colour, but they really have different faces, features to.
    For the Horde!

Why we have Blood Elves and not Ogres will forever remain a mystery to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    blood elves sexier than fat ogres?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    blood elves sexier than fat ogres?
    Blood Elves are...*Snickers*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Why can't we just have both?
    For the Horde!

Ogres are just common sense at this point. Two headed options are a yes. Classes are warrior, mage, warlock, shaman, death knight, hunter, and priest. No monk or rogue. They're too big and clumsy for that stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Ogre being a Monk would make sense. A undead monk not so much.
    They would fall apart from the stuff and things they would be doing.
    For the Horde!