Quote Originally Posted by Painapple View Post
    Ok, freed the binds, bound the macro to W and no bind on shift+w.

Charging and intervene correct targets no matter what focus you have.

As for using the shift mod there are two instances where it doesn't work correctly.

Pressing shift+w with enemy focus and friendly target will intervene your target and not charge your enemy focus.
    I am under the impression this should charge my enemy focus.

Pressing shift+w with friendly focus and enemy target will charge my target and put intervene on CD.

I am under the impression I should only intervene. It would seem however that the game first intervenes and then charges, the only animation is the charge one but my focus does get the intervene/safeguard buff.
    OK I understand now. Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,nodead,help]Intervene;[mod:shift,@focus,nodead,harm]Charge
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /stopmacro [mod:shift]
    /cast [help]Intervene;Charge
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-09-06 at 10:32 PM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    OK I understand now. Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,nodead,help]Intervene;[mod:shift,@focus,nodead,harm]Charge
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /stopmacro [mod:shift]
    /cast [help]Intervene;Charge
    Win!

So awesome, thank you so much for your time and help. I very much appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, I am looking for a macro that will randomly pick a number.

/console colorblindshader 0-8

I was wondering if I could make the 0-8 be a random number from 0 to 8.

Deleted
    /random 0 8 does create a # between 0 and 8 but I'm not sure if you can just put it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Hi, I am looking for a macro that will randomly pick a number.

/console colorblindshader 0-8

I was wondering if I could make the 0-8 be a random number from 0 to 8.
    I tried to make this but it's not behaving for some reason and I'm not much of a script person. It doesn't work but this was the closest I got:

Code:
    /run SetCVar ("colorblindshader", fastrandom(0,8))
    /console colorblindshader fastrandom(0,8)
    /print fastrandom(0,8)
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-09-15 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    I tried to make this but it's not behaving for some reason and I'm not much of a script person. It doesn't work but this was the closest I got:

Code:
    /run SetCVar ("colorblindshader", fastrandom(0,8))
    /console colorblindshader fastrandom(0,8)
    /print fastrandom(0,8)
    This should work:

Code:
    /run ConsoleExec("colorblindshader "..fastrandom(0,8))

Quote Originally Posted by Crudor View Post
    This should work:

Code:
    /run ConsoleExec("colorblindshader "..fastrandom(0,8))
    Yup that's the API page I couldn't find. It does work. I tested it with my idea of printing out which number shader was being used, but it just prints a totally separate random number lol. Now I have a headache from switching the colors too fast

Alright, so apparantly I'm retarded this morning. Logged on my boomkin for the first time in ages, and started doing my keybinds and macros, but I cant seem to make it right for some reason. What I want is a macro that makes me cast Cenarion Ward on myself with no modifier, and on my partymember with a shift modifier. It just wont work.

F.ex
    "#showtooltip Cenarion Ward
    /cast [nomod] Cenarion Ward
    /cast [mod:shift][target="playername"] Cenarion Ward
    Last edited by Nhaz; 2014-09-16 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhaz View Post
    Alright, so apparantly I'm retarded this morning. Logged on my boomkin for the first time in ages, and started doing my keybinds and macros, but I cant seem to make it right for some reason. What I want is a macro that makes me cast Cenarion Ward on myself with no modifier, and on my partymember with a shift modifier. It just wont work.

F.ex
    "#showtooltip Cenarion Ward
    /cast [nomod] Cenarion Ward
    /cast [mod:shift][target="playername"] Cenarion Ward
    Combined conditionals are in the format "[condition1, condition2]", not "[condition1][condition2]". What yours says is to cast Cenarion Ward if you're not holding a modifier key, and then if you're holding shift cast Cenarion Ward (on your target, by default) or otherwise cast Cenarion Ward on playername (which it'll never do, because if you're not holding shift then it was already cast because of the previous line).

Cast Cenarion Ward on the unit named "Steve" if you're holding shift, otherwise cast Cenarion Ward on yourself:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift,@Steve][@player]Cenarion Ward

Edit: It might be more convenient to set the person you're casting it on as your focus and use "@focus" instead of "@Steve", if you ever want to cast it on anyone else.
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2014-09-16 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks, Constie, but I still cant really seem to get it to work properly. It won't cast when I hold the shift button, although it will when I am not using any modifier at all. I just copied your macro and switched Steve with the players name.

This one worked:

"#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, target=player] Cenarion Ward; [mod: shift,target=Awkward] Cenarion Ward;
    Last edited by Nhaz; 2014-09-16 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks, Constie, but I still cant really seem to get it to work properly. It won't cast when I hold the shift button, although it will when I am not using any modifier at all. I just copied your macro and switched Steve with the players name.
    Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift,@Awkward,exists,nodead][@player]Cenarion Ward
    Also sounds like you have a keybind issue. If this key is mapped to your "5" key, go into keybindings and bind Move Forward to Shift+5 then bind it back to W so the bind is freed up, for the macro to work.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-09-16 at 09:42 PM.

Hm, this is getting frustrating. With that exact macro, just swapped Cenarion Ward for Rejuvenation (for easier testing purposes ) it does only cast Rejuv on myself, no matter what I have targeted. Guess I'll just have to make two keybinds for it instead of this modifier macros as they dont seem to work >.<

Wouldn't an easy macro like "/cast [target=Awkward] Rejuvenation" work?
    Last edited by Nhaz; 2014-09-17 at 11:20 AM.

Hm, this is getting frustrating. With that exact macro, just swapped Cenarion Ward for Rejuvenation (for easier testing purposes ) it does only cast Rejuv on myself, no matter what I have targeted. Guess I'll just have to make two keybinds for it instead of this modifier macros as they dont seem to work >.<

Wouldn't an easy macro like "/cast [target=Awkward] Rejuvenation" work?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift,@Awkward,exists,nodead][@player]Rejuvenation
    This macro will ignore your target. It has two uses, 1. if shift is held down it will cast on the unit specified @Awkward or whoevers name you put. 2. if shift isn't held down, it will cast it on you.

However if you want a macro that heals a party or raid member if you hold down a modifier, heals you if you hold down another, or heals your target if you don't use any modifier this will help you:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift,@Awkward,exists,nodead][mod:alt,@player][]Rejuvenation
    Change @Awkward to the player name you want.

This macro will heal Awkward if you hold down shift, if you hold down alt it will heal you, if you don't hold any modifier it will heal your target.

As lawomous meantions a few times throughout the thread:
    In order for this macro to work, you need to make sure you don't have anything else keybinding to those modifiers and the key.
    Also make sure your shift and alt-keybinds are freed up. If this key is mapped to your "5" key, go into keybindings and bind Move Forward to Shift+5 then bind it to Alt+5, then bind it back to W so both the binds are freed up, for the macro to work.
    Last edited by Itank; 2014-09-18 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Thinking one step ahead

This might be as good a place to ask as any - does anyone know what the API function is to get player versatility in WoD? Like GetSpellBonusHealing() or GetMastery() etc?
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    This might be as good a place to ask as any - does anyone know what the API function is to get player versatility in WoD? Like GetSpellBonusHealing() or GetMastery() etc?
    From the current build:

Code:
    local versatility = GetCombatRating(CR_VERSATILITY_DAMAGE_DONE);
    local versatilityDamageBonus = GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_VERSATILITY_DAMAGE_DONE) + GetVersatilityBonus(CR_VERSATILITY_DAMAGE_DONE);
    local versatilityDamageTakenReduction = GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_VERSATILITY_DAMAGE_TAKEN) + GetVersatilityBonus(CR_VERSATILITY_DAMAGE_TAKEN);

Is it possible to get the questname via macro?

I would like to have a universal macro to check if I have done a quest where I just change the number and get:

"questname" - "complete(in green) or incomplete(in red)"

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Is it possible to get the questname via macro?

I would like to have a universal macro to check if I have done a quest where I just change the number and get:

"questname" - "complete(in green) or incomplete(in red)"
    Closest I got, won't display name but provides a clickable link:

Code:
    /run local a,b=33117,"\124cff" local c=b.."ffff00\124Hquest:%d:90\124h[%d]\124h\124r - %s\124r" print(format(c,a,a,(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(a) and b.."00FF00COMPLETED" or b.."FF0000INCOMPLETE")))
    Change underlined part too desired ID.
    Last edited by Crudor; 2014-09-23 at 09:36 PM.

thanks, if it's not possible to directly mention the questname then this version is good enough

At the moment I am using
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [flying]
    /use [indoors,nocombat][outdoors,combat][indoors,combat]Ghost Wolf
    /use [outdoors,nocombat,flyable]Onyx Netherwing Drake;Kor'kron War Wolf
    /dismount
    But after testing it for a few weeks I came across events where I couldn't use it.

This got me looking and I found this on wowwiki.
    Code:
    /run if not IsMounted() then local g,f,v={g,g},{f,f},{v} local t=(IsUsableSpell(40192)) and f or (strsub(GetMapInfo(),0,7)=="Vashjir" and IsSwimming()) and v or g CallCompanion("MOUNT",t[random(#t)]) end
    /dismount
    The "IsUsableSpell" got my attention, and it seems like a good way to differenciate wether to use a mount of Ghost Wolf. I could be mistaken, but I can't get this macro to work, I've tried to change the {g,g} & {f,f} with both spell-ID and mount name, neither works.

I don't need the Vashjir part and swimming part.
    I want it to use Onyx Netherwing Drake for flying.
    Kor'kron War Wolf as ground mount.
    And if I can't use a mount for whatever reason, I want it to use Ghost Wolf.

Anyone able to help?

- - - Updated - - -

I solved it.
    Code:
    /stopmacro [flying]
    /run if not IsMounted() and IsUsableSpell(40192) then CallCompanion("MOUNT",64) else CallCompanion("MOUNT",61) end
    /use Ghost Wolf
    /dismount
    Replace number 64 with the number of the mount from your list of mounts that you want to use for flying.
    Replace number 61 with the number of the mount from your list of mounts that you want to use as a ground mount.

The purpose of this macro is:
    • If you are flying, it doesn't let you plummet to certain death.
    • If you can fly, it summons a flying mount.
    • If you can't fly, but mount up it summons a ground mount.
    • If you for whatever reason can't mount, it will cast Ghost Wolf.
    Last edited by Itank; 2014-09-29 at 11:20 PM.

I'm trying to make a Macro for my Paladin.

Basically, what I want is for to either use Speed of Light when I left-click, or use Speed of Light followed by an Invisibility Potion if I right-click. This is what I have this thus far:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [button:2] reset=10 Speed of Light, Lesser Invisibility Potion
    /cast [button:1] Speed of Light
    If I right-click twice, I get Speed of Light and the Potion, but I want it so they both go off at the same time almost.

Now, I would like to have it so I only need to press the right-mouse button once to use the SoL and the Potion, but I am not sure how to do that. Earlier, I had a mod:shift to use SoL and the Potion which worked, but it made by hands very busy and such.

Thanx.

EDIT: I figured it out.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast  Speed of Light
    /use [button:2] Lesser Invisibility Potion
    Last edited by Krek01; 2014-10-02 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Found solution