Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You will take Storm Elemental and you will like it!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Talents
    Elemental Fusion now increases the damage of your next Shock by 40%, down from 75%.
    Elemental Mastery now has a 2 min cooldown, up from 1.5 min.
    Liquid Magma now does 19% of Spell Power damage, down from 27.5%.
    Reading through the recent patch notes, I realised two things:

1) Blizzard really dislike Enhance in WoD.
    2) You will all take Storm Elemental and like it.

In other news

Mage (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Talents
    Prismatic Crystal now has spec specific tooltips. Crystal takes 50% additional damage for Frost mages, up from 30%.
    Thoughts?

Deleted
    More passive damage. Awesome.

Time to reroll mage.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    More passive damage. Awesome.

Time to reroll mage.
    Really depends what spec youre playing. Ill assume Enhance by your username.

For Enhance todays changes to Stormstrike and LL start moving more damage to active damage and away from passive which is a great thing.

Still not enough IMO, but its a start.

Some days I feel like "yeah blizz did fine after all !" then I read the rest of the patch note, and realize that for 1 step in the right direction, they took 2 in the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelz View Post
    Some days I feel like "yeah blizz did fine after all !" then I read the rest of the patch note, and realize that for 1 step in the right direction, they took 2 in the opposite.
    They did to less and almoste to late...

I tested some minutes today.

LL is now on third place right under LB ( Autohits are first), but SS is still on the bottom.

I am worried about Windurry, such Iconic Attack is such underwhelming.

Enhancement at least has caught up, and isn't the worst Melee... For the current Beta build. As Enhance, I'm able to keep up with Ret Paladins, if the star align with procs and CD timers... Still alot to manage; Especially compared to the other classes who are down to 3-6 abilities to use in a rotation including CD's... Enhance, I feel I'm around 10-12 (Depending...)

I feel sorry for Fury Warriors, Cat Druids, Sub Rogues, though... Getting the shaft, hard.
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    They did to less and almoste to late...

I tested some minutes today.

LL is now on third place right under LB ( Autohits are first), but SS is still on the bottom.
    Remember that you have to add the SS and SS-OH together.

lol man, at first i want to say NO to the 100 lvl Elemental
    simply because
    1- it easy to kill
    2- it have 5MIN CD
    3- during elemental i can't use stun, grounding, freedom
    BUT i tested other two talents ... my first impression were - not taking 100 lvl talents at all , but after that i think that Elemental is better choice amog three BAD DESIGNED 100 lvl talent... hate Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    Enhancement at least has caught up, and isn't the worst Melee... For the current Beta build. As Enhance, I'm able to keep up with Ret Paladins, if the star align with procs and CD timers... Still alot to manage; Especially compared to the other classes who are down to 3-6 abilities to use in a rotation including CD's... Enhance, I feel I'm around 10-12 (Depending...)

I feel sorry for Fury Warriors, Cat Druids, Sub Rogues, though... Getting the shaft, hard.
    I don't really get your post because both Cats and Sub (on ST) are strong and Enhance was by no means the worst melee before this build.
    The cleave and ST damage potential was and still is insane. And like 80% of T17 fights are cleave fights anyway.

Fury Warrs are in the middle of some heartbreaking changes, with the removal of Colossus Smash
    Also, other spells didn't get tuned accordingly in this build to compensate, so Fury's numbers are gonna drop a lot.

OT: I like that they want to move the damage more to Enhances main spells, feels like SS and LL should hit waaaay harder, and this is a good step in that direction.
    But, i still think it's too low, need to bump it up a bit more!
    I also quite like the Storm Elemental, so i don't mind using that instead of the other too (i really don't like Fusion).
    Last edited by Razhiel; 2014-09-18 at 11:42 AM.

I respect your opinion but I don't get it.

How can a 5mn totem (another one yes) that clearly not worth it be enjoyable/attractive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelz View Post
    I respect your opinion but I don't get it.

How can a 5mn totem (another one yes) that clearly not worth it be enjoyable/attractive?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaman132 View Post
    lol man, at first i want to say NO to the 100 lvl Elemental
    simply because
    1- it easy to kill
    2- it have 5MIN CD
    3- during elemental i can't use stun, grounding, freedom
    BUT i tested other two talents ... my first impression were - not taking 100 lvl talents at all , but after that i think that Elemental is better choice amog three BAD DESIGNED 100 lvl talent... hate Blizzard

there you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Windfury have to be hit that hard? I mean reduce it 10% more and it wont even do the damage of a auto attack...

I'd rather just they eliminate Flametongue.

Didn't WF used to be like 400% of an Auto back in the day lol >.>

From an Ele perspective I think I can still get away with not using storm ele as it is only like a .3% overall dmg increase over shocks the talent me thinks. /cheer

I am more mad about EM, I really liked having it line up with Asc every time and would rather they changed haste% down and kept it at 1.5min(I would think something like 20% haste on a 1.5m CD would end up being similar dmg output assuming Asc isn't complete trash).
    I am Çhubathingy of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - Former top 20US raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Storm Elemental got the same 30% nerf that Liquid Magma did. EF was nerfed more because it was the strongest talent. All of the talents are close enough in value that you can argue in favor of using each of them in different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Talents
    Elemental Fusion now increases the damage of your next Shock by 40%, down from 75%.
    Elemental Mastery now has a 2 min cooldown, up from 1.5 min.
    Liquid Magma now does 19% of Spell Power damage, down from 27.5%.
    Reading through the recent patch notes, I realised two things:

1) Blizzard really dislike Enhance in WoD.

In other news

Mage (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Talents
    Prismatic Crystal now has spec specific tooltips. Crystal takes 50% additional damage for Frost mages, up from 30%.
    Thoughts?
    I think that maybe you missed the memo where Mages also cannot cleave off of the PC anymore. That was Frost's whole purpose of taking PC, the massive damage due to IL cleaving. When they removed that, they had to buff PC to compensate. It's not a buff to frost, it's more of a lateral shift.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll still be playing Enhancement regardless, but it doesn't mean I'm happy with the way they're taking the class in Warlords. I agree it's good that we have less passive damage and more active damage, but it doesn't solve the issue that most of our damage still comes from Lightning Bolt, and the fact that our mobility is still average in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    I'll still be playing Enhancement regardless, but it doesn't mean I'm happy with the way they're taking the class in Warlords. I agree it's good that we have less passive damage and more active damage, but it doesn't solve the issue that most of our damage still comes from Lightning Bolt, and the fact that our mobility is still average in comparison.
    Lightning Bolt, Flame Shock... and I believe it's intended since our mastery buff fire frost nature damage =(

I dislike our mastery btw, I find it strongly meh. No flavour, would prefer a more visible or more iconic thing like a WF buff or something.

Then again, a mastery that buff X damage is just lazy. But this is shaman after all

Deleted
    Am i the only one seeing the big scaling problems enhancers now got through all those changes?

Just take a look at the stat weights. Combat rogues profit a lot more from their best two stats. If i increase ours or their secondaries by the same amount, they simply gain 20-30% more dps relative to their sim dps.

So if we deal the same damage in t17 n, we'll be a lot weaker in t17hc.

Just think about hunters and DKs. They had the same problem and enhancers will run into the same problem. This is really sad after we had some nice scaling in MOP!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shaman L100 talents are awful.... just horrible design. Don't impact our gameplay or rotation in any fun or interesting way, don't make our jobs much easier, no cool spell effects.... just lame, uninspired talents.

As Enhance, the shock talent seems very lame. We don't get any of the multipliers that Elem get, and we can't use our LL as often as Elem uses LvB... so we will prob get only one stack of the 40% dmg buff instead of 2 before we use our shocks. It's also the most lame passive damage increase I have ever seen for a final tier talent. Storm Elem is totally unecessary since we have 2 elems already (I dunno why they nerfed Earth ele also)..... its on a 5min CD and locks our other elem totems for a min if we use it. It's also hard to control and pretty random, as well as locks us out of our other air totems while its out. Lastly, the lava totem talent.... which is ALSO random and doesn't focus on our current dps target (which it should), and again relies on a totem which can easily be outranged or something.

I hate our talents.... everytime I look at other classes I get so upset. Why couldn't Blizz take some time and effort to come up with some good ideas?

Shamans 100 talents feels like 90 talents for Mages in MoP, so incredible boring and dull. Storm Elemental would probably be my last choice, the heal at the end is not good enough and you cant rely on it, takes 1 min ffs and its on 5 minute cooldown. Elemental Fusion is very boring but as I've tested on beta it does more damage. Liquid Magma is a very cool spell but it does less damage than Searing Totem (but I guess it will do more damage because the attack speed increases?).

As it stands i'll probably go for either EF or LM.
    Last edited by Tyze; 2014-09-23 at 05:37 PM.