View Poll Results: What are you excited for?

Voters
360. This poll is closed
  • New Art! SQUEE!

32 8.89%
  • Lore progression. Our Metzen, who art in CA...

45 12.50%
  • OMG New raids!! If I kill Garrosh ONE more time...

154 42.78%
  • Dungeons! So many dungeons! Ahahahah!

24 6.67%
  • Ability pruning! Who doesn't have too few action bars? THIS GUY!

25 6.94%
  • PVP Changes! I pvp all OVER your faction!

14 3.89%
  • Quests! Gonna guest like the new zones got da antidote!

66 18.33%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

WOD is 48 days away! What're you stoked for?

Warlords is 48 days away. That sounds like a long time but here's this, that's:

7 weekends

7 Tuesdays

If you're American, you'll be celebrating Thanksgiving 13 days after launch.

If you're Canadian, you have one month until WoD after Canadian Thanksgiving. (yes, they have one. No, it's not about Pilgrims. Or Moose...)

I am excited to have something to do in WoW again. I've missed it! What are you excited about? Refrain from negativity if at all possible. I know it's a lot to ask from the internet.

The most thing I'm stoked for is for MoP finally being over. I have nothing against the expansion per se' but the longness of this content drought on top of the story of this expansion being over I'm looking forward to experiencing the new content as well as the new storyline.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Where's the "thank fuck it's not SoO" option?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quests and Garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Where's the "thank fuck it's not SoO" option?
    +1 interwebz for you! lol
    Just need a new scenery. MoP land is very boring as a whole im mean ffs im about done with archeology achieves thats how bored i am.
    I spoilered myself watching those ingame cinematics but overall story i dont know much about looking forward to a hopefully engaging questing experience I hope garrisons play out fun but dont feel to much mandatory.

Looking forward to the gearing process to gain entry to first tier of raiding thats always been some of my fav times in a new xpac just wish it would be a bit harder again.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

You forgot the everything option.

Deleted
    You forgot nothing option.

So garrisons are the major feature of this xpac and you didn't add it as a poll option? Really thought this through, didn't you?

My answer is garrisons.

Flying getting added no later than 3 weeks after launch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I feel sorry for the PvPers most of all. They don't get anything but a zone that'll be abandoned in the future.
    That zone should be a hell of a lot of fun in the mean time, at least?

Honestly, the poor state PVP is in currently (it is just no fun to be infinitely CC'd and nuked), I think the shifts away from CC and ability to head away from the "bandaid fixes" (resilience) for now should make PVP a lot more fun. They've also worked on clarifying objectives, updated cap points and some concepts. Work is being done to add weather to BG's.

I do feel a little bad for the lack of new maps, but PVP in many games is like that, especially since so much focus is on "beat the other guy/team in a fight" and not "run around and enjoy the scenery" or "participate in various objectives." LoL for instance is primarily limited to playing the same map again and again with varied team members. Overall, I think making the characters fun to play works best in PVP, and hopefully (rumor has it) they're making strides there. Do push "MORE PVP CONTENT!" into Blizzard's face, though! They certainly ought to offer it after Ashran dulls. >_>

UI / quality-of-game elements are my favorite update. Bags cleaned up immensely, the crafting materials stacking much higher, the crafting material bank which you can craft from without being near a bank, the TOY BOX!

Garrisons come in second. Quests (especially story quests) with a new legendary as an ongoing goal are right up there!
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So excited for new lore!
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Flying getting added no later than 3 weeks after launch.
    Good joke :P
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    There's not even plans to carry it over into future expansions... and there's no point in having a "base" in the game. Why do I say this? Because there's no plans of carrying it over
    Considering the amount of time and effort that went into it, I don't think they're going to ditch it that easily.

and you don't actually DO anything with your massive base.
    How do you know this exactly? Just curious, because it seems like you know a lot about what's going to happen with garrisons.

NO new races
    And the trade-off is new models, it's practically the equivalent of 5 new races.

NO new classes
    We just got a class last xpac, are you kidding me?

NO new BGS
    Ashran, and bgs can be added in a patch (refer to MoP)

NO new Arenas
    *Yawn*, like we don't have enough arenas already.

NO new professions/tradeskills
    But with garrisons brings a new interesting twist to all professions.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Good joke :P
    No joke. The biggest thing I'm stoked for is for all the unsuspecting players ding 100 and start looking for the flight trainer. The ensuing rage will make the current no flying rage threads seem like baby threads. Watching this stupid decision blow up in Blizzard faces will be fun. They will have no choice but to revert their no flying mistake.

I actually wish they'd pushed it back a month so we could have Blizzcon and the anniversary out of the way before it launches. Seems like November is going to be a clusterfuck to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Considering the amount of time and effort that went into it, I don't think they're going to ditch it that easily.

How do you know this exactly? Just curious, because it seems like you know a lot about what's going to happen with garrisons.

And the trade-off is new models, it's practically the equivalent of 5 new races.

We just got a class last xpac, are you kidding me?

Ashran, and bgs can be added in a patch (refer to MoP)

*Yawn*, like we don't have enough arenas already.

But with garrisons brings a new interesting twist to all professions.

You're a video game company's prime target audience. I mean, why make anything new when players will just think it's cool and excuse getting the same old, same old?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    I am excited to have something to do in WoW again. I've missed it! What are you excited about? Refrain from negativity if at all possible. I know it's a lot to ask from the internet.
    I'm stoked for the end to these retarded threads we already have at least 3 others asking the same stupid question. As far as what am I excited for in the expansion? Absolutely nothing. Don't care about garrisons, new models look almost the same as the old ones, never cared about lore in any of the other xpansions, meh raid content is expected I never get excited by it. a few new dungeons that I probably won't do after 3 weeks of the expansion being out. Why would I be excited about them removing abilities? I kind of like having to hit more than 3 buttons. PVP changes are minimal and I hate questing. I mean they aren't really adding anything they are taking 70% of everything they had added in past expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    WOD is 48 days away! What're you stoked for?

Seriously though... if I kill Garrosh one more time I might take myself with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    You're a video game company's prime target audience. I mean, why make anything new when players will just think it's cool and excuse getting the same old, same old?
    It's the same audience that is gullible enough to believe faster expansions for the third time in as many expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.