Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    extra fear break when monks already have one baseline over the ability to 100-0 someone in a leg sweep?

human is better than undead by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    extra fear break when monks already have one baseline over the ability to 100-0 someone in a leg sweep?

human is better than undead by a large margin.
    Also, damage breaks fear. So yeah, EMFH is miles ahead of WotF.

My fears are really everything in duels, especially vs melee. If I am unable to cast, just hopping around and spaming swp is NOT going to cut it.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2014-09-25 at 10:46 PM. Reason: (╯︵╰,)

10+ Year Old Account
    No surprise, everyone is going human
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/25...will-you-play/

Deleted
    Sigh. This post again. Every time it pops up I quote myself below, and every time it ends the discussion because I'm right, and then a month later another troglodyte remakes this exact thread again. Ahem;

EMFH is only as powerful as the trinkets available are. At the start of an expansion it's weak and at the end of an expansion it's strong. We've restarted this debate for the past 3 expansions and this rule hasn't changed. With trinkets becoming more and more gimmicky and powerful as expansions go on, EMFH is becoming more controversial. Ergo, trinkets are the problem; not the racials.

Solution: move the CC-breaker function to a PvP ring instead of a trinket and Bob's your uncle.

But if we fix this one, we'd have to find something else to argue about and nobody wants that.

/Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Sigh. This post again. Every time it pops up I quote myself below, and every time it ends the discussion because I'm right, and then a month later another troglodyte remakes this exact thread again. Ahem;

EMFH is only as powerful as the trinkets available are. At the start of an expansion it's weak and at the end of an expansion it's strong. We've restarted this debate for the past 3 expansions and this rule hasn't changed. With trinkets becoming more and more gimmicky and powerful as expansions go on, EMFH is becoming more controversial. Ergo, trinkets are the problem; not the racials.

Solution: move the CC-breaker function to a PvP ring instead of a trinket and Bob's your uncle.

But if we fix this one, we'd have to find something else to argue about and nobody wants that.

/Thread
    And can you tell me an expansion where trinkets were not strong?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    And can you tell me an expansion where trinkets were not strong?
    What?

I said that trinkets were too strong; humans having a free slot is the problem. Rings having a much smaller impact is why my suggestion works.
    Re-read my post and then re-read it again out loud.

What?

I said that trinkets were too strong; humans having a free slot is the problem. Rings having a much smaller impact is why my suggestion works.
    Re-read my post and then re-read it again out loud.
    No I am referring to this part: EMFH is only as powerful as the trinkets available are. At the start of an expansion it's weak and at the end of an expansion it's strong.

In reality trinkets are always strong (whether it is beginning or end of expansion does not matter since trinkets scale to player power), and balancing trinkets around a racial is a bad idea. Nerfing one racial is much faster and easier than redesigning the entire system.
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    No I am referring to this part: EMFH is only as powerful as the trinkets available are. At the start of an expansion it's weak and at the end of an expansion it's strong.

In reality trinkets are always strong (whether it is beginning or end of expansion does not matter since trinkets scale to player power), and balancing trinkets around a racial is a bad idea. Nerfing one racial is much faster and easier than redesigning the entire system.
    Actually, nerfing EMFH would really mess the pvp scene up a lot more than swapping the CC-break effect one from item to another. Changing an item slot =/= Inadvertently buffing 10 races.

And regarding the trinkets, as we get further into each expansion, trinkets grow more gimmicky because Blizz doesn't want them to just become stat dumps like every other bit of gear. Compare the power of any of the MSV trinkets (relative to their ilevel) to the SoO trinkets. It's true of every expansion; the later into the game we get, the larger the impact that trinkets have on our output, because they're more than just stat dumps.

I think my meaning became diluted there, but my point was that as we get later into an expansion, the trinket's power scales up moreso than other pieces of gear.

What would blizzard do? The only real solution is to just remove EMFH altogether and replace it with something else. Increasing the cooldown compared to PvP trinkets doesn't work, so I don't really see what else they could do. Perhaps change it to be like the other dispel racials by making it specific to certain types of debuffs. I think that somehow reducing the power of double trinkets would be more the best route.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Actually, nerfing EMFH would really mess the pvp scene up a lot more than swapping the CC-break effect one from item to another. Changing an item slot =/= Inadvertently buffing 10 races.

And regarding the trinkets, as we get further into each expansion, trinkets grow more gimmicky because Blizz doesn't want them to just become stat dumps like every other bit of gear. Compare the power of any of the MSV trinkets (relative to their ilevel) to the SoO trinkets. It's true of every expansion; the later into the game we get, the larger the impact that trinkets have on our output, because they're more than just stat dumps.

I think my meaning became diluted there, but my point was that as we get later into an expansion, the trinket's power scales up moreso than other pieces of gear.
    Nerfing an OP race to make it in par with others is hardly game breaking.

For PVE trinkets they add lots of stupid overpowered stuff later in patches, but for PVP the procs are always the same.

GG I never expected them to nerf EMFH, I don't really care to be honest, the alliance need everything they can get to maintain some form of a player base over the age of 12 or doesn't have down syndrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Yeah it's ridiculous but also somehow not surprising. Blizzard's been hard for the human racial the whole time it's existed, despite the fact that players have been almost universal in agreement that it's always been the best racial in the game by far.
    It has to do with them being the most played race in the game. They stir the pot, they risk upsetting a vastly bigger audience than a lot of the other races combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    No surprise, everyone is going human
    I'm actually going to race change away from human.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    No, Blizzard has a 'positive design process.' They only allow changes that improve existing aspects/systems of the game in some way. They won't remove racials because that will leave people feeling like they lost something.
    Tell that to MMO-C's warrior community. RIP MoP Fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'm actually going to race change away from human.
    I think he meant "No surprise, everyone that want to have a clear advantage is going human"

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Can we talk for a second about why so many top end pvp players roll female characters? 82 of the top 100 were female characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    GG I never expected them to nerf EMFH, I don't really care to be honest, the alliance need everything they can get to maintain some form of a player base over the age of 12 or doesn't have down syndrome.
    Yeah, cause everyone wants to play monsters, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerWildstar View Post
    Can we talk for a second about why so many top end pvp players roll female characters? 82 of the top 100 were female characters.

- - - Updated - - -

most of wow population is male, most of wow arena population is male

men like women.

Deleted
    Meh. I really wanted emfh to get a revamp but meh. Gotta leave with it

Deleted
    Because the male characters (apart from undead) all look like complete shit.

Apparently anyone over the age of 12 or doesn't have down syndrome does, alliance hasn't had a player base worth shit since Wrath, that was the last time it was even playable without needing to medicate myself to get through leveling dungeons or their LFR or their Flex player base.