Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Page 1 of 230
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] The Flash!

well i made the arrow thread i thought i would make the flash one as well.

DAT SHIT WAS CRAZY.

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

I'm fucking speechless. That was some of the most awesome TV I've ever seen. If you haven't seen the first episode stop whatever you're doing right now and go watch it. I don't even... Is it legal to make a TV show that good?

Normally I'm all for everyone being allowed an opinion, entertainment is subjective and all that, but if you don't like this show there's something fucking wrong with you. I am officially more excited for this show than any other, even Arrow. Hell, I enjoyed this more than anything in Game of Thrones.

Still waiting on that aquaman TV show/Movie

Still have to watch the pilot for this show though. Is there any place that streams it?
    Chronomancer Club

It was awesome indeed!

Oh and Grant Gustin is soooo cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. That was everything I wanted the premiere to be. So stoked for this. I really like Arrow, but it's so dreary; Flash is a much more upbeat kind of guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it the same as the leaked pilot or have they changed anything?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yep. That was everything I wanted the premiere to be. So stoked for this. I really like Arrow, but it's so dreary; Flash is a much more upbeat kind of guy.
    Grodd, my brother. GRODD. /thread

When I watched it at SDCC I thought it was okay. I doubt I'll like it as much as Arrow. Much more interested in Constantine.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm already too impatient to wait for the reverse flash handle to show up on the show! Left so much to mystery in just one episode as well with Wells and Eddie Thawne already in the picture.

I didn't watch it, myself. My dad, who's a big, long time Flash fan, watched part of it, then turned it off. His opinion was "it was okay, not the worst thing on TV, but not good enough to make me want to keep watching it, either"/

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I didn't watch it, myself. My dad, who's a big, long time Flash fan, watched part of it, then turned it off. His opinion was "it was okay, not the worst thing on TV, but not good enough to make me want to keep watching it, either"/
    It's pretty much like any origin show opener. The introduction is very basic while leaving clues of the future that aren't really clear to the average person and some that are. Shows take time to grow. Can't fit but so much in a 45min episode.

So he didn't watch till the end? Did he judge it before the Flash even put the suit on lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So he didn't watch till the end? Did he judge it before the Flash even put the suit on lol?
    I didn't watch it. He watched about 2/3 of the show from what he told me(we didn't discuss it in depth) before he decided to turn the TV off.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't watch it. He watched about 2/3 of the show from what he told me(we didn't discuss it in depth) before he decided to turn the TV off.
    The last 1/3 of the show is where scenes show up that make you want to know where the show is going to lead. I'm pretty sure he didn't even put the suit on until the last 15minutes.

You should really give the first episode a watch and really should always give at least the first few episodes a chance before judging a series. One episode is usually never enough to get the ball rolling. Your dad shouldn't be too quick to judge.

Deleted
    It's fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    You should really give the first episode a watch and really should always give at least the first few episodes a chance before judging a series. One episode is usually never enough to get the ball rolling. Your dad shouldn't be too quick to judge.
    I don't care about the series either way, so I won't be giving it a watch regardless.

As for the second half, about how 1 episode is usually never enough to get the ball rolling...all I can say to that is, well, watch better TV? One episode was enough to make both me and my dad want to see more of The Shield, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, The Walking Dead(even if it did get on my nerves later on), and, on the subject of superhero stuff, the Justice League animated series as well for that matter. Sure, those shows may have gotten better as they went on, but they were all enough to hook both of us with the first episode.

I liked it enough that I'm going to catch up on Arrow.

That said, I felt there were a few too many cliches in the mix (especially with the cop's daughter - seriously, it's 2014 l2backup). I did love that they got the actor from the original Flash to play the father; when Mark Hamill is done with Episode 7 maybe he can return as the Trickster.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    really loving the show never really followed the flash more batman/ironman type of person but this is awsome loving the arrow cross over part im hooked know i just wonder how long star labs will help barry.......wait the ending um....WTF...lol im geeked
    Last edited by dahawk; 2014-10-08 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    really loving the show never really followed the flash more batman/ironman type of person
    That's what I'm liking the most.

I was always a big Marvel guy. So when I'm watching Agents of Shield, I geek the heck out when I see Absorbing Man show up, and I catch that reference even before they use the words. And that's great.

I'm sure they're doing the same with the Flash. But I'm getting to experience a character I really don't know much about. I know enough to know he's arguably stronger (and definitely faster) than Superman, in the DC sphere, and that he's more of a Peter Parker type smartass science guy than a meathead, but the rest is a blank slate (as it wouldn't be, for Batman, say). And that has a charm all its own.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's what I'm liking the most.

I was always a big Marvel guy. So when I'm watching Agents of Shield, I geek the heck out when I see Absorbing Man show up, and I catch that reference even before they use the words. And that's great.

I'm sure they're doing the same with the Flash. But I'm getting to experience a character I really don't know much about. I know enough to know he's arguably stronger (and definitely faster) than Superman, in the DC sphere, and that he's more of a Peter Parker type smartass science guy than a meathead, but the rest is a blank slate (as it wouldn't be, for Batman, say). And that has a charm all its own.
    very good points have you seen the ending i take it he's the villian hence the 2014 newspaper