Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Wrath Naxx 10m. I noobed my way to 80, joined a freshly formed guild (which I am still in to this day) and we decided to try a bit of raiding. I didn't even really know what it was, but after that first night (including wiping for hours on Heigan) I was hooked. Have cleared every raid since.

Started raiding in TBC - i remember being a complete noob and thinking addons were cheating or filled with virusses (i was a noob - anyone else get addon taboo when they first started?) then being told that if i wanted to do The Eye i HAD to download 'Solarian Alarm' and being mortified. Sure enough worked a treat lol.

I think less than a couple of weeks later i had a ridiculous amount of addons!!

In terms of enjoyment i will always remember ZA (dam cata for ruining you!!!) especially the guantlet and the occiasional pull of the scouts to a backpeddler at the back of the raid or someone going ahead of the tanks etc.

Molten Core - We spent several hours getting the group together, attuned and into the raid, pulled the first trash pack (The fire golems) and we wiped. Disbanded after that.

Classic was terrible.

Deleted
    I was raiding so much in TBC, my first "strong" raiding memory was entering Karazhan for the first time. It was really an epic experience to see everything .. after clearing it over 60 times I didn't want to see it again.

not first, but oldest I can remember and worth saying: killing adds & dpsing razorgore. we started getting happy when boss reached 10% and when he died we got all blown up.

15+ Year Old Account
    If we regard UBRS as a raid : Waiting for 5 sunders on trash in the huge hall above Rend on my warlock.
    Otherwise : draining mana off Venoxis on my warlock.

Deleted
    naxxramas in early tbc, we were overgeared and gave it a shot

First experience was with my first max level character in BC.

I leveled a warlock, got in a pug group for Kara (we only killed a handful of bosses, but it was my first time stepping foot in a raid). I was really turned off by the fact that my warlock never needed to eat or drink during a raid and after that raid I rerolled as a tank and tanked throughout BC all the way until Firelands.

Don't ask me why the whole "eating/drinking" thing was a turn off, I was still new lol.

Naxx 25 in Wrath ... played cat, had no idea what I was doing in the raid, how the drops worked, etc ... but it was fun.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Everyone is posting about how they wiped in MC years ago and I'm just like, yeah, I got ninja invited by a friend and then summoned to this bigass dragon called Ultraxion and got boosted through the raid without having any idea what is this place and what I should do. It was awesome tho

Deleted
    Tempest keep

Deleted
    My first three raiding memories:

1. The two big guys at the entrance of MC - they looked like they were gonna hurt.^^
    2. The raid warning "Gruppenkuscheln!" ("group cuddling!") while killing the stone elementals.
    3. Nearly destroying the keyboard by smashing that Decursive button during Lucifron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing world boss Emperiss in classic, never got her past 90%

7+ Year Old Account
    I was on for just a quick mining run back in Vanilla, and my guild needed an OT for ZG. They brought me in, and I had no idea what was going on. To give you a better idea, I leveled as a prot warrior and didn't even tank in instances. THAT's how bad I was.

They brought me in, and I kept running in to "tank" things (I guess?), and all I knew was that they were supposed to be hitting me and I would get heals. So I did this for about 10 minutes, and I was getting blasted in guild chat. Then someone said, "He doesn't have vent - he doesn't know what to do - calm down." I asked what vent was, and there was a collective guild facepalm. When they told me, I rage faced at my computer and was like YOU CAN HEAR EACH OTHER TALKING!?

I've come a long way since then leading my own guild and raids in previous xpacs, but I still laugh and smile thinking of that moment.
    Allarise - lfgdating.com.
    In it for the mount hunting.

First raiding memory. I went into Kara on my Boomkin. Got to the hall before Moroes. Accidentally moonfired an elite pack of ghost. People laughed, we wiped. Thankfully I have not made a mistake like that since.

10+ Year Old Account
    first raiding memory was my rogue in kara. I had the welfare pvp weapons. I was scrubbing it up. The tank had left and the leader had said hold on and it was like at midnight. A min or 2 latter someone gets in vent its the rl 7 year old son he goes "dad im sleepy" he responds "tank these 2 bosses and you can go to bed" In logs in a tauren warrior in sunwell/black temple gear. This kid was this 25 man guilds main tank.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Molten Core, Vanilla WoW, Golemagg.

My Dwarf Pally stripped down nekked and ran in to pull Golemagg...first try and i didn't die.

The good ol' days of 40-man clusterf*&^s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    first raiding memory was my rogue in kara. I had the welfare pvp weapons. I was scrubbing it up. The tank had left and the leader had said hold on and it was like at midnight. A min or 2 latter someone gets in vent its the rl 7 year old son he goes "dad im sleepy" he responds "tank these 2 bosses and you can go to bed" In logs in a tauren warrior in sunwell/black temple gear. This kid was this 25 man guilds main tank.
    Reminds me of nightmare days of my youth in ISP support...Excuse me sir/mame, do you have a son or daughter available that i could talk to.