Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

[Manga] Tokyo Ghoul :Re (spoilers)

It's official, Ishida Sui new Manga is Tokyo Ghoul :Re a sequel to Tokyo Ghoul. From what I can tell the :Re takes place a 2-3 years after the original.

The current cast revealed to far is:

Sasaki(?) Haise

Minazuki Tooru

Urie Kuki

Shirazu Ginshi

Saiko

These people are apparently a new CCG squad. Rumors have it the entire squad are one-eyed ghouls. Rumors also say that Sasaki Haise is possibly Kaneki Ken (Memory loss? brainwashing?). Sasaki Haise is a direct subordinate of Mado Akira. The 5 in the squad are part of CCGs QuinX program and are meant to equal or surpass Arima Kishou and are equipped with brand new weapons. The squad is meant to combat the increasing threat of Aogiri tree and the One-eyed Owl.

Character in cover is the character Sasaki Haise. Background characters are the others in the new squad.

All I can say is:

Last edited by Phaere; 2014-10-11 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the original end? I haven't caught up on it yet since last time MP uploaded a bunch of chapters but there where a few missing and I got so confused jumping from arc to arc.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Did the original end? I haven't caught up on it yet since last time MP uploaded a bunch of chapters but there where a few missing and I got so confused jumping from arc to arc.
    Yes. Ended on Chapter 143 on a massive cliffhanger.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was so pissed off at the end of the original where they left a massive amount of cliff hangers.
    spoiler

2 secret ghoul organizations the disappearance of like 5 main/ side chars.
    We still have no idea of the origin of the ghouls

Here's a PV for Tokyo Ghoul :Re

2015 special Tokyo Ghoul Calender: http://hisokan.tumblr.com/post/99689...ation-calendar

For those who want spoilers: http://k1r15ut3g0m3n.tumblr.com/post...update-as-more and a partial transcript for Ch1 here: http://makyun.tumblr.com/post/996380...-ghoul-re-ch-1

- - - Updated - - -

Full raws for the 1st chapter are out: http://imgur.com/a/HMkq4

And apparently there are already translation groups working on them. Chapter 1 is already translated and released on Imperial Scan' site and will most likely be up on other sites soon™.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2014-10-11 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished the first part yesterday and now I'm hyped.

But holy shit Kaneki and Amon are dead? /cry The writer is pretty ballsy which is cool. Although I'm interested in what happened to Hide, really hoping he wasn't devoured.

The whole Pierrot reveal was pretty awesome as well.

One thing I'm trying to make sense of
    So the doctor is making a bunch of One-eyed Ghouls and making them CCG members to hunt down Aogiri Tree? But aren't the doctor and Owl working together? Does CCG know this?
    Black Lives Matter

Finished the first part yesterday and now I'm hyped.

But holy shit Kaneki and Amon are dead? /cry The writer is pretty ballsy which is cool. Although I'm interested in what happened to Hide, really hoping he wasn't devoured.

The whole Pierrot reveal was pretty awesome as well.

One thing I'm trying to make sense of
    So the doctor is making a bunch of One-eyed Ghouls and making them CCG members to hunt down Aogiri Tree? But aren't the doctor and Owl working together? Does CCG know this?
    I don't believe the half-ghouls in CCG are made by Kanou, but by CCG themselves. Kanou works with Aogiri so I really doubt he'd help CCG. It's also a rumor that the character Sasaki Haise might possibly be Kaneki.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2014-10-11 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    yeah , kaneki is probebly sasaki haise , it vould make sense i mean they look almost the same and i don´t think the write vould kill the main protoganist off in that way .. i mean to many ppl love kaneki , well it could be that he is dead also you never know haha
    but i really hope that hes just got some type of memory loss or temp brainwash

Fuck yeah. Just read the first chapter. I was afraid that the show was cancelled or something and ended prematurely...

Tokyo Ghoul RE Ch1
    Ok, I just read the whole chapter. There are a lot of new information:

_ Arima is confirmed to be the guy in the sky color page in chapter 143.
    _ The sky next to the tragedies is... clear. What?? No more tragedies I guess.
    _ They form a small squad to operate now, Hirako is one leader, Suuzu might lead another one.
    _ Arima is as autistic as always.
    _ Quinx/Quinkes? is a human research project that is why other true human investigators look down on them.
    _ Hinami is with Aorigi and apparently dating Ayato since he calls her by first name.
    What a wild ride.

More info I noticed:
    _ The Quinckes squad has to take blood test . What for?
    _ Apparently there are some competition between squads and quota. That's why other guys from Hirako's squad didn't help Sasaki.
    _ CCG is trying to power up as much as possible as they are trying to recruit a bunch of investigators, even the violent ones are acceptable. CCG scum
    _ Sasaki has a very very very good relationship with Arima as Akira tells him it was some kind of parental love, not mentor love. It's weird.
    _ White wing award. What is that? Dove's wing?
    _ Mutsuki is cute and he has pretty serious personality. I'm calling him dead soon or later.
    _ Torso is ranked A so he is not Tsukiyama.
    _ Sasaki/Kaneki? calling Akira by her first name again, so he wins Akirabowl this time. KanekixTouka fags getting BTFO.
    _ Urie is a dick to Shirazu.

- - - Updated - - -

So S2 of Tokyo ghoul is going to be anime original written by the author. They showed in the PV for the event that Kaneki is in prison!
    Whelp hopefully it's a good one! Alternate timeline based as fuck author!
    S2 PV. Anime original written by Ishida himself. It is highly likely that this is an inter-quel made to bridge the ending of TG and TG:RE.
    原作者オリジナル原案
    It's based on his original drafts for the manga.

Deleted
    looks good , can't wait kanekixakira or kanekixrize , fuck touka mohohoho
    Last edited by mmocbc15c9b4fe; 2014-10-11 at 08:09 PM.

Spoiler summary for Ch 2 of Tokyo Ghoul :RE.

Quinx is apparently spelled as Qs.
    RC stands for Red Child. This makes sense due to the kanji of ‘kagune’.
    Sasaki going thru several reference materials. He’s seen wearing round glasses.
    Sasaki is in the medical office, chatting with Doctor Shiba. They were reviewing about the RC levels of the Qs kids.
    It seems that if their RC level is too high, they might not be able to eat human food anymore. So I’m assuming the other 4 is able to eat normally, not sure about Sasaki tho.
    There’s a meeting between Team Mado, Team Hirako and Team >Shimoguchi/Shitaguchi (dunno the reading).
    Sasaki talks about the previous ghoul not actually being Torso.
    Shimoguchi/Shitaguchi being a dick and insults Sasaki’s values.
    Akira steps in to stop but things heat up even further.
    Hirako stops the both of them, talks a bit about Team Hirako is going to go after Orochi and ends the meeting.
    Akira punches Sasaki in the gut for being too ‘naive’.
    Kuramoto gives info on Orochi to Sasaki (this guy is suspicious).
    A ghoul and Orochi (?) are seen talking together. Orochi seems to be looking for info on Torso but the ghoul he’s talking to doesn’t know anything about it and gets killed.
    Sasaki goes home and Mutsuki greets him. It seems that they all live together in the same place?
    Sasaki prepares dinner, calls Saiko who’s on the 2nd floor that dinner’s ready.
    Urie and Shirazu are rebellious kids who are hunting for Torso.
    Urie seems to have ambitions of his own and wants to be in a higher rank than Sasaki and be part of the S3 Squad.
    Shirazu gets ticked off by Urie’s remark and they’re both about to start fighting against each other.
    They get stopped by Hori Chie. Shirazu seems to have a soft spot for kids.
    Chie reveals that she has info on Torso and is actually 24 years old.

Come on, why is this dead? The most recent chapter was awesome. Kanekipede returning to fuel the hype trains!

Happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Come on, why is this dead? The most recent chapter was awesome. Kanekipede returning to fuel the hype trains!

Happening!
    NotKaneki vs NotNishiki is getting me hyped indeed. Shit's about to get real next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    NotKaneki vs NotNishiki is getting me hyped indeed. Shit's about to get real next chapter.
    NotNishiki sure has been eating well for that tail to be that fucking huge

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post

NotKaneki has to really be Sasarious and not play around, though. I bet that NotNishiki could even defeat Eto and Arima if he went all out with his kick!

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Well, he was with Tsukiyama before time jump. Maybe Tsukiyama taught him how to eat properly. Still, pretty impressive tail he has there.

- - - Updated - - -

NotKaneki has to really be Sasarious and not play around, though. I bet that NotNishiki could even defeat Eto and Arima if he went all out with it!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/oSSXINK.png[img]
    Damn right he would with that kick

10+ Year Old Account
    So will S2 still cover the events which occured after the Aogiri tree incident?

So will S2 still cover the events which occured after the Aogiri tree incident?
    Nope it's going to be anime original.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post

Damn right he would with that kick
    NotKaneki has to really be Sasarious and not play around, though. I bet that NotNishiki could even defeat Eto and Arima if he went all out with his kick!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/oSSXINK.png[img]
    http://puu.sh/cUPIt/dc3a344154.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it's so the anime doesn't catch up to the manga too fast or if he's just making the anime diverge from the manga so they become to separate stories.