Character Screen Armor

First off, I'm ridiculously excited to get this armor eventually. It is the most monk-ish looking thing in the game by miles and miles, and it always made me sad that we couldn't transmog the simple little set we start in.

My question is: has anyone been able to get it in beta? Does it have invisible pauldrons? The shoulders are bare in the character screen.

Now we just need a belt that is basically the same, but has Chen's potions and tinctures.....

Oh, and if only coolies didn't look ridiculous on female pandaren, heh heh.....

I have been wondering the same thing...

I wish we could get more monk gear that was simple looking. That is the way I see monk and really the way they present us... we should be using light gear not these hulking things they keep giving us. I love the feet on the WoD sets but I wish they would go all the way with it.

This set having invisible shoulders would be a serious win for monks everywhere.

The QQ would be both massive and understandable, though. People have been begging for a way to opt out of "pauldrons the size of Texas" for a long time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The set does have invisible shoulderpads. However, they are flagged as "Cannot Transmogrify".
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    The set does have invisible shoulderpads. However, they are flagged as "Cannot Transmogrify".
    What is the idea behind non transmoggable transmog gear o_O
    Where do those pieces come from, it's from the garrison building which also gives you grunt/footmen armor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    What is the idea behind non transmoggable transmog gear o_O
    Where do those pieces come from, it's from the garrison building which also gives you grunt/footmen armor?
    They have a chance to be contained in the work order chests from the Salvage Yard small building.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    I see nothing that says they cannot be transmogged, maybe it was a bug and removed.

Do you have a link for the set you're talking about? I'd love a more simple monk set.

I'd also really like more gear that looks like monks in Diablo3.

edit:

Think I found it: http://wod.wowhead.com/items=4.2?fil...66;crs=6;crv=0

It says it "resembles" the starter set. I don't see any xmod restrictions on the mistdancer set itself so I assume that it IS xmod-able, where the starter set is NOT.
    Last edited by Gaje; 2014-10-11 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FB3 View Post
    I see nothing that says they cannot be transmogged, maybe it was a bug and removed.
    On the right, quick facts: "Cannot transmogrify"...
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    On the right, quick facts: "Cannot transmogrify"...
    That's a separate set. That gear is the new boosted character gear. We have to find the 100 version that comes from the salvage yard to know for sure.

I'm gonna quote one of the people from that conversation:
    This has to be a joke.
    ^------True story!!

It's not a HUGE loss - just have to find some other shoulders that "match" to transmog with the set. Shame there's no "hide shoulders" option, but I guess they put a lot of the set "shape" into the shoulder slot, so it makes some sense.

But I don't really see the point of a transmog set that can't be transmogged. I'd prefer if they just added a visible shoulder item to the set that "matches" so we don't have to go out and hunt one down.

too bad theres no black boots that look good with this set. idky blizz has such a fetish for skin tight boots and leather socks.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some "technical limitations" bullshit is the excuse even though moggable invisible items already exist. Before that though, he says it would only look good on some sets meaning they just don't want to deal with chest pieces looking terrible without shoulders. It's shit.