Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Hekili v2 - Priority Helper for 6.0+

Aloha all,

Version 2.0 of my priority helper addon is available for WoD on Curse.

Notable Changes
    1. Now features an in-game editor for displays and action lists. You can use a SimulationCraft-like syntax for determining if a particular display, action list, or action should be visible.
    2. More customizable keybinds -- toggles for cooldowns, hardcasts, and interrupts are built in. You can also pause the addon to inspect why specific actions are being displayed (if Debug is enabled). There is also a keybind for swapping between single target, cleave (focusing a target but w/ collateral damage), and AOE. There are another five customizable keybinds that can be set up to toggle features in your own custom action lists..
    3. The basic engine is more realistically expandable, leaving room to add more classes to the addon over time.
    4. Trackers are gone. I'm extremely hesitant to add them back, since it's just a replication of TMW/WA features. If you want to add debuff counts (i.e., Flame Shock) to a TMW icon for WA, you can call Hekili:DebuffCount( 'Flame Shock' ) to get that information. If you need target count information, you can call Hekili:NumTargets(). I'll post sample WeakAuras, TMW icons later.

Notable Issues
    1. Enhancement and Elemental are both supported, based on the SimulationCraft 6.0 action lists. Some adjustments have been made. I welcome constructive criticism about the action lists.
    2. Missing or poor documentation, particularly for coding scripts/conditions. You can use SimC-like syntax, but some syntax can be problematic. Or just use (limited) Lua. I'm working on documentation now.

I'm actively seeking feedback about the current state of the addon, what could be improved, what could be clearer, and so forth. The interface could definitely use some polish. It's also a good time to submit feature requests.

Anyway, I'd greatly appreciate your help in testing changes to the addon. If you find any bugs, you can find me here, you can submit a ticket on CurseForge, you can tweet @Hekili808, PM me on Curse (kapulani), etc. If you have ideas or criticisms, those are welcome as well. Mahalo!
    Last edited by Hekili; 2014-10-26 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Updated info.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to helping test once again... well in the future as I don't have beta. Keep up the great work.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Might as well bring this thread back up. I know it's just a first go. but flame shock is refreshing too much (or I still have the old profile?)

---------

Edit. the raider's dummy does not show the flameshock debuff. So I think it's working fine. On a side note. I like the new version of the addon. It takes far less time to figure out the options than before. The one thing I haven't found yet... reducing the number of icons from 5 for the main priority.
    Last edited by McCloude; 2014-10-15 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McCloude View Post
    The one thing I haven't found yet... reducing the number of icons from 5 for the main priority.
    There's a slider: Displays>Primary>UI and Style

Is there logic built in for using Unleashed Elements (Unleash Fire Buff) with Fire Nova when there are multiple targets? I'm thinking this might be something the player has to decide based on the encounter. Normally I would INITIALLY use Unleashed Elements>Buffed Flame Shock>Lava Lash (spread flame shock)>Fire Nova. But if I know multiple adds will be joining the fight, it should be Flame Shock>Unleashed Elements>Lava Lash (spread flame shock)>BUFFED Fire Nova. Is this thinking correct? And I'm thinking the add-on wouldn't know the number of "possible" targets initially, so I'd have to make the judgement call. Or is that the priority when set to AOE Mode?

Hi all,

This is a bit of a necro'd thread, but since there's two different ones up about the addon right now, I'll go with this one for the time being.

I've gotten a few messages about the addon being a bit more confusing, and I think that is true. Partially, this is because there is a lot that is now accessible to you that many users simply don't need to touch. If you don't want to customize the action lists, don't! I'll be working to make sure they're as well-written as possible, but the ability to customize further is hopefully a positive feature.

There are some known issues at the moment:

1. Some Elemental-spec folks have reported issues with the displays not showing up. I've been tweaking some of the display logic and I will be making it so that bringing up the configuration window will leave displays hidden that do not match your current specialization (unless they're set to 'Any' specialization).

2. Cooldowns were being reduced by haste for all abilities, and twice for abilities affected by Flurry. This is fixed, and should reduce the weird behavior where Frost Shock would appear twice in a row, then vanish after your first cast.

3. The current logic for Ascendance (Enhancement) requires that your Stormstrike is on cooldown for 3+ seconds. This is causing Ascendance not to show up during Bloodlust + Elemental Mastery/other haste buffs, if that pushes your Stormstrike CD below 3 seconds. I have a quick fix for this (changing Ascendance criteria to require Stormstrike's current CD > half its full CD), but it's actually a symptom of the code that prevents off-GCD abilities from jumping forward in the queue between GCDs. (To get the new action list, you can either reset your configuration profile or delete the action list, then reload your UI. You will have to reattach "@Enhancement, Cooldowns" to the "Cooldowns" priority list under both Enhancement displays.)

4. The target detection code was not properly filtering friendly units. This was causing the addon to add all your friends to your target count when you hit Bloodlust and caused them to gain Sated.

5. The logic for Lava Burst for Elemental was broken. I think it's working properly now.

6. I'm going to fake Heroism/Bloodlust being on cooldown if you have a Sated/Exhaustion/etc. debuff, but I don't have time for it tonight.

Going to post my newest changes now, they should be on Curse Client soon.
    Last edited by Hekili; 2014-10-15 at 08:44 AM.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:

Hey Hekili,

thanks for your work and this great AddOn.

I have one question and maybe I found a Bug:

- when I use Ascendance the AddOn does not know that Windstrike is on cooldown after the first use
    - in the rota ancestral swiftness does not show up. Is that correct?

Thank you!

Thanks, just downloaded now. Good timing me seeing this as I use to use Enhaprio but it seems the developer is discontinuing the addon for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    The current logic for Ascendance (Enhancement) requires that your Stormstrike is on cooldown for 3+ seconds. This is causing Ascendance not to show up during Bloodlust + Elemental Mastery/other haste buffs, if that pushes your Stormstrike CD below 3 seconds. I have a quick fix for this (changing Ascendance criteria to require Stormstrike's current CD > half its full CD), but it's actually a symptom of the code that prevents off-GCD abilities from jumping forward in the queue between GCDs. (To get the new action list, you can either reset your configuration profile or delete the action list, then reload your UI. You will have to reattach "@Enhancement, Cooldowns" to the "Cooldowns" priority list under both Enhancement displays.)
    Two questions:
    1. Is there and easy way to filter out cooldowns? eg. I'd like to filter out Ascendance completely, and decide when to use.
    2. For the quick fix mentioned above...is this done in the new r80 release? Di we still have to do this manually?

The target detection code was not properly filtering friendly units. This was causing the addon to add all your friends to your target count when you hit Bloodlust and caused them to gain Sated.
    What's with the Mode Toggle? Is it set to AOE by default? I always liked the multi-intergration into single target mode. Does this still "naturally" happen based on # of targets? I almost feel the the Mode Toggle should have an "off" or "multi" option too. eg. If the mode is set to AOE and your fighting a single target what exactly happens? Does it use Single target priority that would ramp up to full AOE if 5+ targets are detected? Now that I used a Mode toggle, am I "locked" into that Mode? Will the checkbox turn it off even if i have a keybind assigned? Do I need to constantly change Modes? Sorry I'm a little confused by how this works (or when it's on/off).

Quote Originally Posted by McClane View Post
    I have one question and maybe I found a Bug:

- when I use Ascendance the AddOn does not know that Windstrike is on cooldown after the first use
    - in the rota ancestral swiftness does not show up. Is that correct?

Thank you!
    Thanks for the report. I'll look into the Ascendance/Windstrike issue. You might reset your profile to get updated action lists and see if you still see this.

For Ancestral Swiftness, I disabled the entries in the action lists out of personal preference. To turn it back on, just open each action list, go to the entry for Ancestral Swiftness, and check the button. Basically, you use it on cooldown... I play with it macro'd, but the addon is technically more accurate when AS is enabled, since the new logic for LB involves popping AS when you have 3+ Maelstrom Weapon, so you get the damage bonus from the MW perk (once you level, anyway).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Thanks, just downloaded now. Good timing me seeing this as I use to use Enhaprio but it seems the developer is discontinuing the addon for WoD.
    That's too bad. EnhaPrio is/was great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vizslakane View Post
    Two questions:
    1. Is there and easy way to filter out cooldowns? eg. I'd like to filter out Ascendance completely, and decide when to use.
    2. For the quick fix mentioned above...is this done in the new r80 release? Di we still have to do this manually?
    For #1, go to the "@Enhancement, Cooldowns" action list, open the entry for Ascendance, and uncheck it. I should probably make a /hekili <action> enable/disable option at some point.

For #2, if you go to Profiles and Reset Profile with r80 or above, you'll end up with the newest default displays and action lists without having to reload your UI. Of course, you lose all your other settings, which is not very exciting.

What's with the Mode Toggle? Is it set to AOE by default? I always liked the multi-intergration into single target mode. Does this still "naturally" happen based on # of targets? I almost feel the the Mode Toggle should have an "off" or "multi" option too. eg. If the mode is set to AOE and your fighting a single target what exactly happens? Does it use Single target priority that would ramp up to full AOE if 5+ targets are detected? Now that I used a Mode toggle, am I "locked" into that Mode? Will the checkbox turn it off even if i have a keybind assigned? Do I need to constantly change Modes? Sorry I'm a little confused by how this works (or when it's on/off).
    It's a bit confusing, and I welcome recommendations that would help to clarify.

Mode Toggle lets you bind a key that toggles a flag between Single Target, Cleave (think Multi-Integration), and AOE. Currently, the default "@Enhancement, Primary" display uses this flag to determine which action lists to use.

If Mode is set to "single", then the single-target action list is enabled, and the cleave and AOE action lists are ignored.
    If Mode is set to "cleave", then the single-target action list is enabled when there is 1 target, each of the cleave action lists (2 Cleave, 3 Cleave, 4 Cleave) is enabled for those numbers of targets, and the AOE action list is ignored.
    If Mode is set to "AOE", then the single-target action list and cleave action lists are ignored, and the AOE action list is enabled (for any number of targets).

I think I will probably change it so that, when set to "cleave", the AOE action list is activated for 5+ targets.

So, for your specific questions:

Default Mode should be single. The "off" setting is probably "single." Currently, if set to "AOE" and there's only one target, it will suggest the AOE priority list (as noted, I will probably change this so it ramps up like you describe). The checkbox and keybind are independent, so both work regardless. You don't need to constantly change modes, it sounds like you generally want it set to "cleave" so that it will tell you to Chain Lightning and Fire Nova when appropriate: that will be the equivalent of v1's "Multi-Integration ON and AOE with 5 targets" after I push an update today.

Anyway, the confusion is my fault. I definitely need to get a user manual posted, both for basic setup and for advanced users who want to write their own action lists. Thanks for the help and feedback.

User Guides:

Sorry Hekili but did you see this....any thoughts

Is there logic built in for using Unleashed Elements (Unleash Fire Buff) with Fire Nova when there are multiple targets? I'm thinking this might be something the player has to decide based on the encounter. Normally I would INITIALLY use Unleashed Elements>Buffed Flame Shock>Lava Lash (spread flame shock)>Fire Nova. But if I know multiple adds will be joining the fight, it should be Flame Shock>Unleashed Elements>Lava Lash (spread flame shock)>BUFFED Fire Nova. Is this thinking correct? And I'm thinking the add-on wouldn't know the number of "possible" targets initially, so I'd have to make the judgement call. Or is that the priority when set to AOE Mode?

Sorry Hekili but did you see this....any thoughts

Lava Lash spreads a base Flame Shock with no damage bonuses. Fire Nova is too strong to allow us to also worry about spreading buffed Flame Shocks.

The current logic, taken directly from SimulationCraft's AOE priority list, is to ignore Unleash Elements with 4+ targets entirely. I use that logic in the AOE action list, though the cleave lists still use Unleash Elements and just add CL/FN when appropriate.

It's likely that the AOE/cleave lists will need a fair amount of tinkering over the next several weeks.

User Guides:

Lava Lash spreads a base Flame Shock with no damage bonuses. Fire Nova is too strong to allow us to also worry about spreading buffed Flame Shocks.
    Yes that makes sense. What I was wondering is would it be a DPS increase to use Unleashed Elements>Fire Nova, for a BUFFED Fire Nova, in a multi-target encounter?
    Sorry if I misunderstood anything.

Yes that makes sense. What I was wondering is would it be a DPS increase to use Unleashed Elements>Fire Nova, for a BUFFED Fire Nova, in a multi-target encounter?
    Sorry if I misunderstood anything.
    Unleash Flame does buff Fire Nova.

The current AOE priority list includes Unleash Elements (position 9). You'll only see it if the following conditions fail:

Fire Nova: 3 active Flame Shocks.
    Wait: 4+ Flame Shocks and Fire Nova's CD is less than a GCD.
    Magma Totem: No Fire Totem active.
    Ancestral Swiftness: off CD (currently disabled).
    Lava Lash: If your target has Flame Shock.
    Elemental Blast: With 1+ MW stack.
    Chain Lightning: 4+ enemies and either MW5, or you have AS up and 3+ MW stacks.
    Unleash Elements: If off CD.

So Fire Nova is the highest priority regardless, and the AOE priority doesn't care about using a buffed Flame Shock -- it just wants you to get a Flame Shock out, spread it with Lava Lash, and then use Fire Nova as much as possible. If you push UE, your Unleash Flame is most likely to be consumed by Fire Nova.

User Guides:

So I've never used your addon before last night (as I was using EnhaPrio previously), but I have to say I really like it. You've done an awesome job. I love how flexible it is, and it really doesn't take much to be able to modify it to your liking.

I do have one question, and one suggestion though:
    Question: It mentions for the priority listing "Conditions" that there is a list of references on the Curse site to use in that box; however at the link provided there is no such list. Is there a different site that has the "Conditions" and other such references listed out?

Suggestion: I know a lot of people use Weak Auras, etc; but I play pretty minimally on mods. I'd love if it I could set up a basic cool down tracker (not adding it into the rotation) with Hekili. That was part of the reason I used EnhaPrio-- I didn't need multiple mods. Something as simple as display that just shows the Feral Spirits/Fire Ele/etc and their cool down remaining. If this is already possible, I couldn't seem to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonexe View Post
    Suggestion: I know a lot of people use Weak Auras, etc; but I play pretty minimally on mods. I'd love if it I could set up a basic cool down tracker (not adding it into the rotation) with Hekili.
    This was touched on in the opening post, point #4 Trackers are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonexe View Post
    So I've never used your addon before last night (as I was using EnhaPrio previously), but I have to say I really like it. You've done an awesome job. I love how flexible it is, and it really doesn't take much to be able to modify it to your liking.

I do have one question, and one suggestion though:
    Question: It mentions for the priority listing "Conditions" that there is a list of references on the Curse site to use in that box; however at the link provided there is no such list. Is there a different site that has the "Conditions" and other such references listed out?
    First, thanks for the compliments.

I have not yet added the reference guide to the website (simply not enough time). The syntax matches SimulationCraft for the most part, with a few bits unsupported (yet) and a few bits added.

For now, I'd recommend trying anything that would work with SimulationCraft. If you mouseover the Conditions box, it will show you if a value was returned. It's not a great solution, but it will work until I have time to write -- probably this weekend.

Suggestion: I know a lot of people use Weak Auras, etc; but I play pretty minimally on mods. I'd love if it I could set up a basic cool down tracker (not adding it into the rotation) with Hekili. That was part of the reason I used EnhaPrio-- I didn't need multiple mods. Something as simple as display that just shows the Feral Spirits/Fire Ele/etc and their cool down remaining. If this is already possible, I couldn't seem to figure it out.
    These were available in v1. I'd rather not implement these in v2, as there are better options that are more efficient and better tested than something I would tack on to the addon myself. If not WeakAuras, TellMeWhen is a good option.

User Guides:

You don't need to constantly change modes, it sounds like you generally want it set to "cleave" so that it will tell you to Chain Lightning and Fire Nova when appropriate: that will be the equivalent of v1's "Multi-Integration ON and AOE with 5 targets" after I push an update today.
    You think this will be released today still?

You think this will be released today still?
    Oops. It's up in r82.

Code:
    ^1^T^SPrimary~`Icon~`Size^N40^SQueued~`Font~`Size^N12^SPrimary~`Font~`Size^N12^SPrimary~`Caption~`Aura^SMaelstrom~`Weapon^Srel^SCENTER^SSpecialization^N263^SSpacing^N5^SQueue~`Direction^SRIGHT^SPvE~`Visibility^Salways^SQueued~`Icon~`Size^N40^SEnabled^B^SQueues^T^N1^T^SEnabled^B^SAction~`List^S@Shaman,~`Buffs^SScript^S^SCleave^B^SName^SBuffs^SAOE^B^SSingle^B^t^N2^T^SEnabled^B^SAction~`List^S@Shaman,~`Interrupt^SScript^Stoggle.interrupts^SCleave^B^SName^SInterrupt^SAOE^B^SSingle^B^t^N3^T^SEnabled^B^SAction~`List^S@Enhancement,~`Cooldowns^SScript^Stoggle.cooldowns^SCleave^B^SName^SCooldowns^SAOE^B^SSingle^B^t^N4^T^SSingle^B^SAction~`List^S@Enhancement,~`Single~`Target^SScript^Ssingle|(cleave&active_enemies=1)^SName^SSingle~`Target^SEnabled^B^t^N5^T^SEnabled^B^SAction~`List^S@Enhancement,~`2~`Cleave^SName^S2~`Target~`Cleave^SScript^Scleave&active_enemies=2^t^N6^T^SEnabled^B^SAction~`List^S@Enhancement,~`3~`Cleave^SName^S3~`Target~`Cleave^SScript^Scleave&active_enemies=3^t^N7^T^SEnabled^B^SAction~`List^S@Enhancement,~`4~`Cleave^SName^S4~`Target~`Cleave^SScript^Scleave&active_enemies=4^t^N8^T^SEnabled^B^SAction~`List^S@Enhancement,~`AOE^SScript^Saoe|(cleave&active_enemies>4)^SAOE^B^SName^SAOE^t^t^SScript^S^SSpecialization~`Group^Sboth^SIcons~`Shown^N5^Sy^F-7740562396413950^f-45^STalent~`Group^N0^SName^S@Enhancement,~`Primary^SPvP~`Visibility^Salways^SPrimary~`Caption^Sbuff^Sx^F-6333187512860670^f-46^SAction~`Captions^B^SFont^SABF^t^^

You can also paste that import string into the "Import Display" field for @Enhancement, Primary and hit enter. That way you don't have to reset your other settings.

User Guides:

First, thanks for the compliments.
    Credit where credit is due! The addon really is great; especially with having to learn all new timings thanks to new Flurry.

I have not yet added the reference guide to the website (simply not enough time). The syntax matches SimulationCraft for the most part, with a few bits unsupported (yet) and a few bits added.

For now, I'd recommend trying anything that would work with SimulationCraft. If you mouseover the Conditions box, it will show you if a value was returned. It's not a great solution, but it will work until I have time to write -- probably this weekend.
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the fast response! I was able to figure out what I wanted to do by looking at conditions for other items in different lists and get it working how I wanted with minimal effort regardless.

Essentially I wanted to make the AoE bar only appear when I threw down Magma totem, as opposed to hitting the toggle for it. What I used was the
    Code:
    pet.magma_totem.active
    condition on the AoE bar, and then
    Code:
    !pet.magma_totem.active
    on the single target bar. It seems to work with no issues, though I don't know if there's a more elegant solution.

These were available in v1. I'd rather not implement these in v2, as there are better options that are more efficient and better tested than something I would tack on to the addon myself. If not WeakAuras, TellMeWhen is a good option.
    Right, my fault for only skimming the opening post. It's not big deal; just a thought I had while setting it up last night. Thanks again!

Deleted
    Great Addon, I am switching from SaA to HEKILI!

This is just EPIC!
    Last edited by mmocad4e9336b0; 2014-10-16 at 12:11 AM.