Unholy DK questions!

Never played a DK.. But I kind of want to, are Unholy DKs viable while leveling as DW?

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Never played a DK.. But I kind of want to, are Unholy DKs viable while leveling as DW?
    Unholy cannot Dual Wield.
    Only Frost can Dual Wield.
    Thread closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Unholy cannot Dual Wield.
    Only Frost can Dual Wield.
    Thread closed.
    W..... what

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

You know i haven't actually tried but you shouldn't be able to DW as unholy anymore.

Also id level as 2Her frost. obliterate just messes mobs ups with its burst.
    Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

Quote Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
    You know i haven't actually tried but you shouldn't be able to DW as unholy anymore.

Also id level as 2Her frost. obliterate just messes mobs ups with its burst.
    However DW Frost is better for aoe'ing which is more common if they intend to dungeon grind or pull groups of enemies and it still has good single target DPS.

And just to confirm, Unholy can't dual wield.

Deleted
    As previously stated, Unholy can't dual wield and might not be a pleasant experience due to its reliance on the ghoul.
    Frost is more user friendly (although its rotation is a little bit trickier). Blood may be the way to go due to the easiness of leveling as a tank, the active mitigation and self heals.

That being said, moving Timmy the Ghoul is not that hard of a task, and as far as spec goes Unholy is one of a kind in its form of hybrid between a dot caster and a melee.
    If you're looking specifically to dual wield, you'd be better off as frost. If you want to give Unholy a go, I'd suggest to read some of the stickies and the icy veins starter guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Axphyxiate View Post
    However DW Frost is better for aoe'ing

Ye..no, blood boil is insane at low levels and at max Unholy is the top aoe spec

Unholy is a beast right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    W..... what
    oh man i laughed way to hard, i have been blood main, frost off for way to long i really need to try unholy again

Unholy can't DW, it uses two handed weapons. For leveling it's fairly enjoyable, easy aoe and just plain has such a simple rotation that you can just do w.e you want on quest mobs and they fall over usually. Changes the higher level you he but that's due to design of new content not the spec getting weaker.

Also the ghoul with Unholy is barely noticeable, don't use it as a crutch reason to not try the spec !