Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I killed Al'Akir 10 HM in Fire spec with 572 ilvl (and a terrible gameplay), without avoiding Electrocutes and without Jugg trinket, so I guess 25HM is just about DPS.

I'll give it a shot next week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Update 1: Lol. Morchok and Zon'ozz made me yawn so far, just like Normal. I found almost no difference, except that Morchok lived for 5s longer because there was two of him and it glitches.

Yeah that. My guild was nice enough to farm Heroic Madness for like 7 weeks cuz most of us wanted one. We also got THREE Blazings (2 in main group, 1 in sub group that I tanked), and I offered the winner of the first one a nice chunk of change, and he would have accepted, but apparently the rest of the guild found it in poor taste, so I gave it back :\ Don't even care for Blazing; I just want it for Emerald/+1 mounts for Felfire (BERYL) Hawk.

Update 2: Yor'sahj and Hagara too. I even pulled Yor'sahj with all his slimes up. AO+AE = looks like a unicorned rainbow-jizzed everywhere, lololol. In all seriousness though, first 4 bosses I 100-0'd without taking 1 point of damage because Ice Barrier is ftw. It's pretty nice as it's over 20% of my HP with 5556 SP (248k HP, 27,502 Ice Barrier).

Update 3: FUN FACT: Forcing Gariona (Blackhorn) to retreat before Blackhorn is dropped onto the boat causing you to fall through the world and die XD (Edit: Apparently the same happens if your Supernova doesn't kill both the drake and the add that's riding him -_- Died TWICE because I kill stuff too fast lol)
    REAL Update 3: Okay so I took some damage on Blackhorn, but I'm watching Game Grumps and barely paying attention because it took forever for shit to spawn and come down. Ultraxion is a pushover still, so at least Experiment 12-B is available (on Heroic too, lol).

Update 4: Just like I expected, Blood Corruption: Death is why we can't solo Spine, but then again, ANY non-healer can't solo it either. The only thing I can think of is constantly killing the Corruption tentacles, but how you can manage that, the extra amalgs, the bloods, and the constant moving for the rolls; I don't even. That's way too much for any one person to do. I'll make sure Celestalon realizes this.

Update 5: Did Spine on Normal, and they did in fact overlook that Spine was not soloable on Heroic.

*snip* -Please don't post exploits, thank you! - Loc
    Last edited by LocNess; 2014-09-13 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydeeps View Post
    Start out on normal mode, talk to thrall to get the chat window open to start the encounter, and leave it open. Then right click your portrait and open up the raid difficulty tab, then hit one of these macros

-snip-

Just throwing it out there, this IS an exploit and should not be posted here. If you have something like this to share, keep it to PMs.

The FIRST try. Seriously.

It's going down tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    The FIRST try. Seriously.

It's going down tonight.

RNGesus plz.

I seriously started thinking I'd never take that screenshot.

Video soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Ultraxion 10 Normal

FUCKING FINALLY !

300 pulls after, finally Ultraxion is down, putting an end to a very, very long chapter in which the Mages were the only class unable to solo this boss. And I did not even get the mount.

Let's get a few facts straight :

1- You will need a very, very good gear. And I don't mean high ilvl, I mean high ilvl crit/mastery BiS gear. I had only 5.4k haste for this kill, and more than 19k mastery.
    2- You will need all your luck. Ultraxion hits for 110k, one crit at the wrong time and you're dead. Also, all your trinkets need to proc right at the beginning, you must get at least 500k ignite and a ~10M Combustion. The vast majority of my wipes were under 10% because I didn't get enough trinket procs, so I got really luck on this kill.
    3- You will need patience and lots of buffs. Ultraxion cannot be reset so be prepared to corpse run quite a few times.

How to do it :

- Fire spec is an absolute must, because you cannot tank the boss and only Fire can do damage while you're in IB.
    - Spec Ice Barrier, Cold Snap, Rune of Power. Glyph Ice Block and Evocation.
    - Start with an Ice Barrier on you and the spell off cooldown. Use your potion and wait. When there's 14 seconds left, start the pull sequence. Before Alter Time, use Ice Barrier to get a huge absorb.
    - Right after Combustion, immediately Ice Block and wait for the full duration. Use Mirror Images and Cardboard assassin right after, use Cold Snap and a Health Potion when you lose health. Ice Block the Hour of Twilight and finish him !
    Enjoy

GRATS! Just in time for 6.0 to make all of this stuff irrelevant!

Can't wait to see your Elegon (and other MoP boss) kill(s) at 100!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    GRATS! Just in time for 6.0 to make all of this stuff irrelevant!

Can't wait to see your Elegon (and other MoP boss) kill(s) at 100!
    I'm going to try to find some time to clean T11 HC before 6.0 too

Unfortunately I didn't have time to try any solo after my Ultraxion kill. Oh well

Since the OP is now vastly outdated I'll take the time in the next days to revamp it to be 6.0.2-compatible.

Since the OP is now vastly outdated I'll take the time in the next days to revamp it to be 6.0.2-compatible.
    Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Good to hear
    Dusted off removed glyphs, updated talents and specs.
    More videos coming very soon, this patch is going to be fun

(hint : look at the spreadsheet )

- - - Updated - - -

Invicibility is fun

T11 (TotFW, BWD, BoT) 25 Heroic

Patch 6.0.2 is fun.

Not much to say, even with only 1.7% Leech from Juggernaut trinket you're completely invincible, you can only get killed if you get 1shot or if you can't hit anything for too long.
    Enjoy

T12 tonight, T13 when Spine is doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    My soloing has been fun. Been doing it as fire. Did FL 25, Ulduar and was doing ICC25H. Gunship is crushing me..
    I feel like that Jugg lifesteal trinket would help a lot because my self healing is non existant.

Moar invincibility !

Firelands 25 Heroic

Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

I'm worried, it seems Blizzard nerfed the damage done to lower level creatures, possibly rendering my two latest videos obsolete.

I'll check it out ...

Edit : with my hunter (ilvl 568) I cannot even pass Wind Conclave in 25 normal ... starting to feel bad about this.
    Edit2 : kind of relief, I tried Spine on 25 HC and I could get to the same point as before (that is dying to the first Blood of Deathwing explosion). Clearly we deal less damage but mobs also have less health. I'll confirm next week but we should be able to solo cata 25HC with good gear.
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-10-17 at 05:50 PM.

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm worried, it seems Blizzard nerfed the damage done to lower level creatures, possibly rendering my two latest videos obsolete.

I'll check it out ...
    I believe they nerfed our damage as well as the hp and damage of Old Content bosses
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

Edit2 : kind of relief, I tried Spine on 25 HC and I could get to the same point as before (that is dying to the first Blood of Deathwing explosion). Clearly we deal less damage but mobs also have less health. I'll confirm next week but we should be able to solo cata 25HC with good gear.
    The only possible way I could see us doing Heroic Spine is by getting at least 9 residue in a fairly clumped area then killing a corruption and immediately getting all 9 bloods and popping the Amalg before he does Blood Corruption: Death. If you manage to get 2 BCs, you'd need Ice Block +CS Ice Block for them. No clue what to do for a third one.

Watched your videos though and man I didn't even think to use Jugg's crystal. I'm such a baddie sometimes XD
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Spine 10HC downed earlier, so it's definitely possible (even with some mistakes).

Haven't considered trying 25HC yet. I'm only 568 iLvl though, so I imagine with more gear and a little bit of luck on bursting the Amalgamations down it could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Troopcsd View Post
    Spine 10HC downed earlier, so it's definitely possible (even with some mistakes).

Haven't considered trying 25HC yet. I'm only 568 iLvl though, so I imagine with more gear and a little bit of luck on bursting the Amalgamations down it could be possible.
    Yeah, this is the same strat (though yours is WAY more organized) that I did for 10N. I also forgot about my Juggernaut crystal so it was harder than it needed to be

Just gotta be extra careful with those Amalgs. One BC: Death = a bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone tipps for killing yogg saron? tried him as arcane because of the constrictor tentacles, but the adds in the last Phase wreck me.. no selfheal sucks (cold snap doesnt help much)

Deleted
    Could you not use evanescence for BC: Death?

Quote Originally Posted by Howlingstar View Post
    Could you not use evanescence for BC: Death?
    I can't confirm if it stops the debuff applying (although I don't think so), but you'll still take damage through Evanesce. Similarly, Ice Block - or the immunity if glyphed - doesn't work; if the debuff explodes you will take around ~150k damage on 10HC. Greater Invisibility damage reduction would work I guess, but unless you're being rapidly attacked at the time to keep you in combat the fight will reset.