Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    This sounds like a project I should undertake and get going, possibly over the holidays
    That would be really amazing if you do end up doing something like that
    Jjmackey - Protection Warrior
    WCL Rankings | Incarnate of US-Ner'zhul
    7/7M EN - US 20th | 3/3M ToV - US 15th | 10/10M NH - US 16th

10+ Year Old Account
    It’d be good to see, but I’m not sure there’s ever really been a Protection warrior theorycrafting site of the same magnitude as Theck’s. I used to read Tanking Tips which was a blog by a player named Veneretio, and really enjoyed it, but it wasn’t as heavy as some people like – more an introduction to theory crafting. In any event, he quit prior to Cataclysm.

I’m also not sure that Elitist Jerks ever really served this purpose particularly well. Xav used to have a heavy input into it when he could be arsed, but he was typically busier actually playing.

If you do set it up, Eddy, let us know. As has been hinted, there are already a few people who’d like to get involved with you.

talk to booi, he have heavy interests in prot theorycraft, maybe you two could work together :-)

man, I miss Veneretio and his site
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

So going into Warlords, is tanking game play generally still primarily DPS and defense secondary?

Deleted
    the other way around now, more focus on staying alive rather than pushing your dps to the fullest

Quote Originally Posted by Hahnh View Post
    the other way around now, more focus on staying alive rather than pushing your dps to the fullest
    Wonderful, that pretty much solidifies my decision to level my Warrior first. Thanks.

Deleted
    You have, should and will always care about pushing your dps to the fullest if you are a serious and good tank.
    With nerf to AM i'd say survival matters even less than before.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    You have, should and will always care about pushing your dps to the fullest if you are a serious and good tank.
    With nerf to AM i'd say survival matters even less than before.
    Of course good tanks will push their dps to the fullest, but as a tank, your first and most important job is to stay alive. In WoD, when we cant be burst healed up to full, we have to much more more careful with our active mitigation and CD usage. Our dps on the otherhand is MUCH less important. We now do ~75% of what a normal DPS does as opposed to topping meters like we did in WoD with ridiculous vengeance levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sethers656 View Post
    Of course good tanks will push their dps to the fullest, but as a tank, your first and most important job is to stay alive. In WoD, when we cant be burst healed up to full, we have to much more more careful with our active mitigation and CD usage. Our dps on the otherhand is MUCH less important. We now do ~75% of what a normal DPS does as opposed to topping meters like we did in WoD with ridiculous vengeance levels.
    That's what I meant, the era of 'let me stack my vengeance as high as possible so we can burst this down quick" is over. And with that I don't just mean vengeance being gone, just a general remark where Tank DPS is of such high importance that you would need it to be high enough to make or break a fight.

Deleted
    That's what I meant, the era of 'let me stack my vengeance as high as possible so we can burst this down quick" is over. And with that I don't just mean vengeance being gone, just a general remark where Tank DPS is of such high importance that you would need it to be high enough to make or break a fight.
    Different viewpoints i guess. With vengeance gone and tank dps normalized they can easier balance encounters around 2x tanks doing 75% of dps.
    If both tanks are only doing half of whats expected, you're now half a dps short. Generally speaking your dps are already playing at "100%", so where you gonna get that dps from ?
    Thats make or break it in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    So going into Warlords, is tanking game play generally still primarily DPS and defense secondary?
    more than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort