Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Does anyone else not like the direction enhncement is taking ?

Hi all

i have played a shaman since vanilla, it was my first charachter, and wanted it to be my first level 100. but i cant help but feel enhancement is in a weird place right now. i feel as though im hitting like a wet noodle, ascendance is just turning us into ranged mode now as "wind" attacks appear to do harldy any damage.mastery really only buffs 3 spells now as im not sure if a totem is classed as a spell anymore. ( forgive me if i am wrong. had a very long break from mop.), and that LB, FS an FN. oh possibly storm strike but i again am unsure. how ever ... i dunno everything seems to do pathetic damage, is it me ? my warrior, monk, hunter, DK, warlock all seem to do more damage and they arent as geared as my shaman... i dunno. just thought id come vent on here, also i have been told by several shaman (and witnessed on YT) that it doesnt really get better at 100. this has me really worried for my lil shaman

what do you guys think.. is it all in my head, am i losing the plot. ?

all in all, my shammy feels very strange to play atm. not a big fan which is a shame as ive stuck with him for about 10 years now. just hope theres light at the end of the tunnel..

wikidsik. out!

If you don't like how it plays...don't play it. That's what I did.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    If you don't like how it plays...don't play it. That's what I did.
    This. If you're not digging it, play something else. I enjoy it so I'm playing it, regardless of how "bad" it is. I will do whatever I can to earn my raid spot, even if I play what may end up being a "sub-par" spec.

Your monk isn't hitting harder, they are shit at single target and shit at aoe right now...everything else is pretty true though.

I agree I'm getting the burnout on my shaman now and it feels "blah" but I still can put up decent numbers...and come wod we will the be aoe kings so we'll have that niche.

(which is one hell of a niche change from 5.0...hell from as far back as I can remember, I think even in Wrath we weren't aoe toons...but my memory of that time fails me)

I don't know if it's just that I've been looking more closely at our abilities in general, but I'd be willing to argue that our spec can feel like too much attention is on the final damage "sum" rather than the feeling of individual ability "parts."

Unleash Elements is a button for the sake of a button. I think they would've done better to unhook UE from our now-passive imbues, let us keep Earth Shock, and have UE trigger effects based on which Shock debuffs are on your target. (This would encourage you to try to get all 3 on a single target, without empowering our AOE further.)

Lightning Bolt should be changed for Enhancement, since casting while moving is gone. Lightning Lash would be a nice alternative, doing a smaller lightning cone, combining LB and CL for us. Adds a small skill check for positioning. Use MW stacks to increase the power of the ability, but keep it as an instant cast.

I'd like Stormstrike and Windstrike to be a little more compelling. Windstrike not working with our Mastery is disappointing. Give it a 50% modifier, or a cap, but put back in the Nature damage. I know they want to control the scaling on it (mainly for PvP reasons), but wind-based physical lacks the oomph we had with Stormblast.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    but wind-based physical lacks the oomph we had with Stormblast.
    The new animation is a correct representation of the nerf #truth

Deleted
    its not that i dont like it ..i absolutly love my shaman, just dont understand how its changed soo much, i do wonder if, now because the game is balanced around lvl 100, that it will be different, but everything ive seen and heard is indicative of it not being all sunshine and loyylpops at 100. its a shame really, was really looking forward to lvling my shammy, maybe its just gear, maybe its because i cant take down a raid team of allys on timeless isle on my server lol ( seriously whats happened there.)

anyway thanks for the replys will kepp my beady orcish eye on this and see how it pans out.

wikidsik out!

OK srs mode:

As above I dislike the UE change. It's slowly overtime become more and more bloated, and when the ability prune came around SOMEHOW all it really lost was a couple situational imbue effects and something that has become a key component - 40 yard range tag / mobile damage.

Lightning bolt @100 does a bit too much damage for my liking, I never liked the maelstrom perk from it's inception since it would either mean LB would do larger amounts of our damage, or be not worth hardcasting the lower stacks. Neither option really appealed to me.

Ascendance feels sucky, the new stormblast animation is extra sucky.

I love the new haste scaling, the new echo is fun.

Talents feel significantly worse than in MoP (where only a couple tiers were really uninteresting). With things like the healing talents getting gutted, elemental blast getting a 50% damage reduction baked in for enhancement, etc. It just proves that shaman like the other hybrids needs the lower tier talents changing based on spec. I also feel our raid healing ability was overnerfed in comparison to other classes, even moreso when you consider you are dropping more dps to do it in WoD than currently.

New ghost wolf glyph is the best thing they've added in WoD.

Fire nova is far too stong. A possible dps increase SINGLE TARGET when 2 targets are up, from an aoe that scales exponentially with the number of targets...? To use a SoO example, my guild let me be the ones to kill faithfuls on nazgrim this week to show the aoe. After the fight had ended about 55% of my damage was from a *SINGLE* fire nova spread on those adds killing them instantly. (fight was like 1-1:30 or something). This sort of gimmicky powerful aoe is going to get us nerfed, and I'd rather have go back to being the solid single target spec we have practically always been (relatively)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    @raiju. i agree with your points, i think Ue has lost what it was intednded to be, might as well roll those effects into storm strike or something, no point in a button for the sake of it.

i worry that fire nova is going to put us where shadow priests were, and that niche dps balanced around aoe.. which is bollocks.. ( hope it chnges )
    our set bonuses from SoO are utterly usless now as we dont get any more weaon inbumes other than WF and FT albeit this wont matter in a couple weeks.

now i have heard that there arent a lot of single target fights in WoD so could possibly work in our favour, but seriously we should be competative with other hybrids at least, im not super Competative i don have to be No1 on the metewrs, as long as i help get the fight done and im nota liability to my teams its all good.

what i can see happening though is that ppl wont bring shaman to the raid if they have sub-par dps and bad off healing etc. although i cant see it staying that way for long.. surely blizz will look at it and "balance" us lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Fire nova is far too stong. A possible dps increase SINGLE TARGET when 2 targets are up, from an aoe that scales exponentially with the number of targets...? To use a SoO example, my guild let me be the ones to kill faithfuls on nazgrim this week to show the aoe. After the fight had ended about 55% of my damage was from a *SINGLE* fire nova spread on those adds killing them instantly. (fight was like 1-1:30 or something). This sort of gimmicky powerful aoe is going to get us nerfed, and I'd rather have go back to being the solid single target spec we have practically always been (relatively)
    ...and that's why I will guarantee one of the following things will happen:

1. Blizzard will implement a cap that works for the Flame Shock + Fire Nova combo (i.e., Fire Nova will cause up to 8 Flame Shocks to erupt).
    2. Lava Lash is going to get a target cap, such that it will spread Flame Shock *up to* a maximum of 6 Flame Shocked targets.
    3. Fire Nova will be set up to do decreasing damage past a set number of targets.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Deleted
    lavallash only spreads flame shock to 4 target i think ?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaAverageGamers View Post
    lavallash only spreads flame shock to 4 target i think ?
    It's 4 per lash, 6 with a perk we pick up in WoD (or is it a glyph? one of the 2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I have played enhance alot trough time, there has been many diffrent "rotations" if u will call them that or not. But i feel like WoD will be good, my fingers dont hurt as much when raided many hours, and i also like the new talents and the timeing. im not super good at enhancement but i still manage to deal good/mediocre damage. i feel we will be great burst dps. Top charts and great in pvp. Even thou our cc and selfheal got nerfed, we will be strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    1. Blizzard will implement a cap that works for the Flame Shock + Fire Nova combo (i.e., Fire Nova will cause up to 8 Flame Shocks to erupt).
    2. Lava Lash is going to get a target cap, such that it will spread Flame Shock *up to* a maximum of 6 Flame Shocked targets.
    3. Fire Nova will be set up to do decreasing damage past a set number of targets.
    ^ patch notes of 6.X emergency hotfix mid progression.

I just hope we can stay competitive with other classes. I like my Enhance more then I've liked pretty much any other class i've played. I don't really want to switch but I don't like the idea of not being able to raid where I am because my class stinks @ damage. The rotation feels pretty legit and I like having to hit the buttons i have to hit in the order I hit them ... if that makes sense... it just feels more fluid now then it used too.

I hope we get a small buff, somewhere, hopefully not to lightning bolt :P

Oh and I like the idea a lot to have a lightning lash... that would be legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish we kept the weapon enhancement (windfury and flametongue) spell effects on our weapons. Otherwise, I'm fine with the changes. I still find it fun to play...it hasn't really lost too much of its essence...although I wish they would return 2-Handed Enhancement PvE viability but that is nothing but wishful thinking...

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Retri, WW and Enha since the patch and the only one i'm having fun now is enha. Retri is basically the same minus devotion aura, and WW, well, i was having a blast playing it before the patch with a lot of haste and being so smashy but now, wow if it sucks waiting an eternity.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    I have played enhance alot trough time, there has been many diffrent "rotations" if u will call them that or not. But i feel like WoD will be good, my fingers dont hurt as much when raided many hours, and i also like the new talents and the timeing. im not super good at enhancement but i still manage to deal good/mediocre damage. i feel we will be great burst dps. Top charts and great in pvp. Even thou our cc and selfheal got nerfed, we will be strong.
    seee this is what we should be like . seriously though i just hope for pve at least we wil be ok, dont anna be benched on my only lvl 100 (well first) because a mage brings more. hehe

Deleted
    enha is not bad now and not bad in wod, just a little lower dps that some other classes and this prepatch really didnt change it much... most likely earth shock changed to frost shock lol
    i also feel that aoe is really too high on enha compared to any other class atm, but there will come some tuning before wod or on first raid tier for single and aoe damage

Deleted
    to be honest i tihnk the thing that has changed is our burst, it was incredahigh, since they took away stormblast and made wind blast not scale with mstery i feel this is what ppl are disgruntled about, i mean you have gone from blowing stuff up in a global to. blowing stuff up in a few more globals. hehe at least thats how im seeing it atm. its hard though when you see DK's one shotting stuff, etc, doesnt make you feel powerful. lol