How we doing on damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Doodledoo View Post
    fine for now.
    good to hear

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone got charts or something?

Deleted
    So i watched streams today of the highmaul bosses and did some myself, and Ret is shit.

Like for real, there are so many bosses where constantly atleast 2 targets are alive, we just cant keep up with the others. Place 1-8 in meters is dominated by Mages Rogue and warriors.

Gotta say I am disappointed with our 2 target cleave specifically, although other specs are complaining about this scenario as well. We are ok single target and we are fine 4+ targets that don't insta-die. Just wish our cleave was a little more fleshed out than it is now.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Quote Originally Posted by Rickykong View Post
    good to hear

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone got charts or something?
    There was some charts, too lazy to find them. But we are above midpack which is nice. Around ~8

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    So i watched streams today of the highmaul bosses and did some myself, and Ret is shit.

Like for real, there are so many bosses where constantly atleast 2 targets are alive, we just cant keep up with the others. Place 1-8 in meters is dominated by Mages Rogue and warriors.
    what? tectus and brakenspore are the only majority multi target fights, ogron are split up.

Quote Originally Posted by Canitnerd View Post
    what? tectus and brakenspore are the only majority multi target fights, ogron are split up.
    Ogron should spend a decent amount of the fight grouped up.

Anyone who is testing Highmaul on beta right now is more than likely using T17, which we won't have on live. So results will be quite different with all classes having 0 set bonuses. Highmaul may not have too many cleave/aoe fights but Blackrock Foundry will.

Quote Originally Posted by Canitnerd View Post
    I did a bunch of Highmaul bosses, the only guy above me was a WW monk, I was on a stable second place throughout almost every attempt & personally, I find ret in a pretty good spot and fun to play, aslong as its fun I dont care if its rank 1 on the meters or rank 10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    I did a bunch of Highmaul bosses, the only guy above me was a WW monk, I was on a stable second place throughout almost every attempt & personally, I find ret in a pretty good spot and fun to play, aslong as its fun I dont care if its rank 1 on the meters or rank 10
    And, of course, your raid was filled with equal-skill DPS of all classes/specs, right ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    And, of course, your raid was filled with equal-skill DPS of all classes/specs, right ?
    It doesn't make much material difference. It doesn't matter what damage our class/spec is capable of; what matters is how much damage we do as players compared to the other players in our respective raid teams.

Deleted
    Retribution spec with tier 2/4 set bonusses is realy over the top in a funny kind of way. It makes the spec so orgasmic in therms of the brain processing the procs and procs from procs that you are realy never bored lol. I understand that some people might find it ridiculous and goofy, and other people might find it a nuisance and way too confusing, but it's a heck of a fun spec in my personal humble opinion.

Unfortunately i think that people who can't get the tier set will miss out a lot on this new gameplay and probably the set bonuses should be in the talent tree for player chosing that kind of "random" gameplay, instead of a tier set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Unfortunately i think that people who can't get the tier set will miss out a lot on this new gameplay and probably the set bonuses should be in the talent tree for player chosing that kind of "random" gameplay, instead of a tier set.
    The purpose in removing tier from LFR was specifically to encourage people to try out real raiding instead of settling for gaming on a plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post

Got any numbers or logs? Cuz from the people who play ret and actually have numbers to show, ret is a top 5 spec right now on every fight. Granted thats with 4pc...

Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Gotta say I am disappointed with our 2 target cleave specifically, although other specs are complaining about this scenario as well. We are ok single target and we are fine 4+ targets that don't insta-die. Just wish our cleave was a little more fleshed out than it is now.
    Yeah I really don't see why they don't just give us a "Beacon of Vengeance" that does a % of our damage on the enemy onto whom we place the beacon. Pures and hybrids are supposed to be equal now, but the dpsers who can't do traditional healing still blatantly have a more diverse toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodledoo View Post
    Got any numbers or logs? Cuz from the people who play ret and actually have numbers to show, ret is a top 5 spec right now on every fight. Granted thats with 4pc...
    that's intereresting because I've gotten a lot of top 10 ret parses while being around ~10th in the raid on the DPS.

Tested Normal Mode Highmaul last night, and ret is looking pretty strong. Definitely in the top 5 if played correctly. Good Single target, good aoe, good cleave. Had a hard time figuring out a glaring weakness with the addition of 2/4s. Don't have any logs, but here are some vods.

http://www.twitch.tv/realsmooth3

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    that's intereresting because I've gotten a lot of top 10 ret parses while being around ~10th in the raid on the DPS.
    We arent talking about current content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    It doesn't make much material difference. It doesn't matter what damage our class/spec is capable of; what matters is how much damage we do as players compared to the other players in our respective raid teams.
    He generalized from his raid DPS numbers that the retribution paladin is "in a pretty good spot".. Statistics don't work that way, I'm afraid.

Deleted
    Nothing new here? Did the discussion move to another thread?