10+ Year Old Account

6.0.2 UI Difficulties (Pet Battles + Map)

So I've had quite a few UI problems since the patch hit, and I can't seem to figure them out after tinkering for hours, so here are my questions:

1. The world map used to have an option to toggle viewing of archeology digsites and battle pet trainers. That option seems to have been removed, and now digsites are stuck on, and I can't find a way to turn pet battle trainers on. Help?

2. Previously when I opened the battle pets interface tab, I would have Mounts, Pet Journal, and Rivals tabs. Now I have Mounts, Pet Journal, Toy Box. I don't know if the removal of the Rivals tab was from an addon breaking, but all of my addons have been updated via curse client and the tab still has not returned. Also before the patch I could talk to an NPC trainer and say "Tell me about yourself" and I would see his pets stats and abilities. All I want is to be able to do is see those NPC's pets before I battle them. Help?

Deleted
    Sounds like some of your Addons are broken, heavy.For Pet Trainers on the map you should check http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/batt...-daily-tamer.I have never seen a "rival" tab and no clue whats that supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    1. The world map used to have an option to toggle viewing of archeology digsites and battle pet trainers. That option seems to have been removed, and now digsites are stuck on, and I can't find a way to turn pet battle trainers on. Help?
    Top right of the map should have a magnifying glass icon to toggle digsites etc. IF you don't see it then an addon is interfering with it and you'll need to go through your addons disabling them to determine the problem addon.

2. Previously when I opened the battle pets interface tab, I would have Mounts, Pet Journal, and Rivals tabs. Now I have Mounts, Pet Journal, Toy Box.
    Sounds like PetTracker addon. Check its updated to latest version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sounds like some of your Addons are broken, heavy.For Pet Trainers on the map you should check http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/batt...-daily-tamer.I have never seen a "rival" tab and no clue whats that supposed to mean?
    The daily tamer addon worked, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    Top right of the map should have a magnifying glass icon to toggle digsites etc. IF you don't see it then an addon is interfering with it and you'll need to go through your addons disabling them to determine the problem addon.

Sounds like PetTracker addon. Check its updated to latest version.
    Well apparently the first issue was due to me being blind. The magnifying glass was there, but it blends in with the top right portion of the map, which is black, so I just couldn't see it.

PetTracker in it's current form (fully updated via curse) doesn't provide the rival tab, so maybe Blizzard just broke that functionality. That makes me sad. Thanks for your help anyway guys.

Deleted
    the rival tab
    WHAT is that you got any screenshots of it? what ARE "rivals"?

Rivals tab for pet tracker addon works fine for me. Be sure you have the 'PetTracker Journal' addon enabled in your addons list. It's split off as a separate module from the core addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    WHAT is that you got any screenshots of it? what ARE "rivals"?
    Rivals tab is part of the PetTracker addon to show all the world tamers and their teams, availability and rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aha, reinstalling it finally worked! Problems solved, thanks!