Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Raid lockouts and how they work

Blizzard explanation as well: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12822112588

Normal, Heroic and Mythic all share separate lockouts.

In short:
    Normal/Heroic can be run as many times as you like. You can use bonus roll every time. You can loot each boss on every difficulty one time.
    Mythic can be ran just one time and you will not get a personal lock, but instance one.

Normal and Heroic
    Those are loot based - like LFR. It means that if you killed all the bosses or just some of them, you still get to run it again as many times as you like. You are ineligible however to receive loot from bosses which you are killed. However you can use your bonus roll as many times as you like. Bonus roll doesn't care if you have already looted the bosses before or not.

The raid leaders lockout is the only thing which matters. If you have killed all the bosses and decide to make a new group with the character you killed the bosses on - your group will end up at the last boss being dead. However if you join some other raid leaders raid, while you had a full clear, you will start from the boss where that other raid leader is at.

One thing to note is that if you killed bosses 1-5, skipped 6-7 and then killed 8-10 and you decide to make a new group as the raid leader to kill the last bosses from 11-14. You will have to kill your skipped bosses (6-7), everyone leaves the instance after that, and then you can re-enter and you'll find yourself on boss 11. As a raid leader the game checks all of your bosses killed, so if you miss couple of earlier bosses in order to be able to get right in front of the later ones, you'll have to kill the missing bosses.

Mythic

Mythic = old heroic lockout system.

You can loot/use bonus roll only once per boss.

The lockout which you get is instance based. It means - you cannot join anyone else Mythic run even if they have killed more bosses then you. You can form your own group with the lockout if you like to, but other people with their Mythic lockouts from different groups cannot join yours.

Instance based lockout also means that if you kill 8 bosses in one group and you are told that they will continue in couple of days from the next boss. You should not go and form the group of your own with the lock you got. If you form your own group, end up clearing the place, you'll mess everyone's lock up who were in the initial run. They get saved to the amount of bosses which you killed on your own. Their raid info might show that 8/14, but they are still saved to your amount of bosses killed.

If you run Mythic you cannot join any other raid leaders raid with different lockout nor should you create the group of your own if you are told that people will continue on another day.

All correction of any sort are welcome and will be added.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-12-03 at 07:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw that someone suggested doing this and I think it is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Normal/Heroic can be run as many times as you like, you can use bonus roll every time
    I know this is true now with SoO - do we know for sure its true in WoD? Obviously bonus rolls will be back to being in short supply and not unlimited like they are now, but if you really need one item (say a powerful trinket or weapon), can you run heroic multiple times in a week and roll each time if you have the coins for it?

Deleted
    so if a run myth with a pug, say kill everything until galakras, disband and want to continue on juggernaut, have to be invited by the same raid leader?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yaj View Post
    so if a run myth with a pug, say kill everything until galakras, disband and want to continue on juggernaut, have to be invited by the same raid leader?!
    In the given reset yes. However anyone who was in the raid can be the leader (incl. you) for the continue event, but in all honesty, it's best to ask the leader first what s/he will plan to do with the lock first.

10+ Year Old Account
    When pugging mythic, it's best to go with trustworthy people or make sure you clear it all (or progress as far as you intend) in one go. Especially if you are a guild looking to fill in a few spots. And try to be up front with how far you reasonably intend to go and the schedule for the week if you don't make it as far as expected on that day.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-11-07 at 11:43 AM.

how about loot system in normal/hc?can u use master looter?and if u can,lets say u have 20 in your grp with 10 cleared all the bosses,does the boss drop loot to 10 men size or 20 men size?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tene View Post
    how about loot system in normal/hc?can u use master looter?and if u can,lets say u have 20 in your grp with 10 cleared all the bosses,does the boss drop loot to 10 men size or 20 men size?
    On N/H/M, the raid leader can choose what type of loot system to use: personal, group, round-robin, need/greed, free for all, or master. When not on personal loot, the number of drops is determined by the number of people eligible for loot (+20% per person). So if you have 20 and 10 are saved, only 2 items will drop, instead of 4.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-11-07 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Added a link to a blue post about lockouts as well: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12822112588

10+ Year Old Account
    Raidfinder is locked ATM, when they will open it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Raidfinder is locked ATM, when they will open it?
    MC LFR is open right now if you have 615 gear, the actual T17 raids will open a week after normal and heroic opens, so December 10th

Deleted
    I understand we can loot the same boss in LFR, Heroic AND Mythic during a single week.

But are Normal and Heroic bosses separated in the same way ?

Can we loot the same boss in Normal on Wednesday and Heroic on Thursday ?

This is not clear at all as thoses sentences sort of contradict each others :
    Normal, Heroic and Mythic all share separate lockouts.
    [...]
    Normal/Heroic can be run as many times as you like, you can use bonus roll every time, you get the main loot only once

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you can loot the same boss on Normal and Heroic in the same week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried to fixed the wording to make it more clearer about the short version of loot locks.

Do you think will Mythic become puggeable anytime? (Meaning Cross Realm and no group lockouts). I´m already 7/7 Heroic and i won't commit to a guild raiding schedule, social life is random and i won't ever put raiding over real life. So it looks immposible for me to do Mythic because of that stupid restrictions, not only you can't change groups, but my realm is kind of bad so i doubt i could gather 19 decent raiders to pug mythic (i won't spend money in changing to another realm just because of Blizzard stupid restrictions)

So if this is happening, do you think it will be in 1 month or maybe in 6 months? I want to keep doing challenging content and i want to know if this could happen anytime soon or not. (Other than Blackrock Foundry, i'm looking forward to it )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoMarX View Post
    Do you think will Mythic become puggeable anytime? (Meaning Cross Realm and no group lockouts). I´m already 7/7 Heroic and i won't commit to a guild raiding schedule, social life is random and i won't ever put raiding over real life. So it looks immposible for me to do Mythic because of that stupid restrictions, not only you can't change groups, but my realm is kind of bad so i doubt i could gather 19 decent raiders to pug mythic (i won't spend money in changing to another realm just because of Blizzard stupid restrictions)

So if this is happening, do you think it will be in 1 month or maybe in 6 months? I want to keep doing challenging content and i want to know if this could happen anytime soon or not. (Other than Blackrock Foundry, i'm looking forward to it )
    Mythic will always have instance ID lockouts. Blizzard said the plan is for it to open up for Xrealm when the next tier comes out.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-12-30 at 10:06 PM.

There is no discussion that I know of about changing the mythic lockout process.

I see, so i'm totally fucked and probably stuck on 7/7 heroic... Well that sucks, i would say it's a really bad design and call of Blizzard.
    Ty for the answers.

Deleted
    Loot rules:

What happens when I clear all bosses on normal and then I join a new/fresh normal run, but loot rules are set to masterlooter. Can I get loot again?