Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The damage modifier only applies to higher level players, at level you get no buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    if anyone needs a geared alliance tank for hott, please let me know.

alistania@1680

Quote Originally Posted by Deidlet View Post
    I would also like to know if this is still available after patch and in WoD or if they are retiring it.
    Still doable. Might be more difficult due to squish though, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    You can comfortably 5-man this achievement. You will be able to do it effortlessly with 10 80s.
    This, I leveled a character to 80 and got together a group with 0 pre-planning or gear farming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    While this is not a 100% confirmation....

....is does look promising.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

tbh the achievement should of been removed at the same time tribute to immortality was removed, it's lvl 80 content which was reasonably hard while it was current not its just a joke, stuff like this should be removed on the last major patch of the current expansion.

If they were able to maintain the challenge it used to present maybe it would be ok for it to stay but its pretty much just a title now.

The main problem with WoW is things are just too easy, there is very little challenge left in the game and once you have done it your left afkn at the local hang out spot until new content is out so its rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-09-16 at 03:59 PM.

I tried doing this on 24/10/14 and the damage on the tank was unhealable. Full geared 226 warrior tank, after 1 stack the boss pretty much one shots.
    I've run this achievement on the same character once a month since Cataclysm. It doesn't seem to be doable (right now at least) unless Blizzard fix it somehow.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm debating to do this, but it's only an achivement, so is it worth doing it in the future?

I have a sort of geared pala tank and I was wondering if it was still possible to do after the patch. Really want this title. :'(

Deleted
    Im looking to get this achivement too,got a DK dps 220+ if interested send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I have a sort of geared pala tank and I was wondering if it was still possible to do after the patch. Really want this title. :'(
    It's possible now, got it this week, his damage was nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toabos View Post
    That's good news.
    Not really.

Got some tries into this encounter today and it's buffed, a lot. In it's current state it's a lot harder than it was back in wotlk. He is not squished properly and can spit out over 30k in under a second with fully geared bis tanks at 50k hp tanks and flash heal healing for about 13k with 1.3sec cast time for me this becomes a real problem. If you kill a star when he does this you are facing 40k dmg in under a second. He's constanly pressing about 10-20k dmg/second on tanks.

Your raid needs about 12k dps/second on algalon and you need 3 healers to even stand a chance. Healers that needs to move away from cosmic smash means tanks will most likely die unless cooldonws are used.

With current healing mechanics he will simply put to much dmg on tanks for it to be healed properly. Tanks can drop from 100-10ish% during the time it takes to cast a single heal. Nearly all of our attempts failed due to algalon killing the tank and that was with 3 5khps+ healers. The tank switch becomes a real problem with this insane dmg output.

It's doable but it takes some luck with cosmic smash hits a well organized raid and all players decked out in nearly full bis including gems enchants and cata food and flask.

The dps requirement is really high and the healing is above and beyond ridicolous.

TLDR he hits harder than he did pre 6.0 and healing has been reduced a lot. The dps requirement has also become a lot harder.

EDIT Added a screenshot to back up my claim.

That is 31.2k dmg in 1.02 seconds. That is on a good geared tank, Not flasked at the moment tho.
    Last edited by mmoc19a4667525; 2014-10-30 at 10:21 PM.

sadly there is no blue reply to this as yet.. found out last night how hard this is now.. as in, impossible (or pretty darn close).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14926472613

Deleted
    This was perfectly doable, though not as easily as before. None of us was BiS geared or anything like that. We used flasks, food buffs and potions from cataclysm (they can be used at level 80). Got us the kill with few wipes.

For tanks out there. I don't think its worth to bother with Parry/Dodge. Just try to get as much Bonus armor // Mastery and Stamina. The bigger you'r health pool is the easier it is to heal the burst damage of the encounter. Also healers can heal a bit more mana conservative, not just spam Flash heal//Healing Surge etc.

Also I recommend to watch what the item actually gives to you. Some 226 ilvl items are worse than 213 items from naxx. Same with weapons. The 232 ilvl weapons from Hyjal vendor are just utter shit, compared to any epic weapon fom WoTLK. Don't bother with 'em.

Here's video as proof.
    Last edited by mmoc8b013c39a0; 2014-11-04 at 10:49 PM.

Well this is depressing, I was planning on doing this on my Ret Pally :c

As I said before, remove all your ideas of "BIS" and "Ilvl226" because it is all meaningless in WOD. The WOTLK gear and earlier stuff were not squished properly and roughly all of the WOTLK gear is of the same quality. There is no benefit to having an Ilvl226 piece over an Ilvl213 piece for example, and in many cases the opposite is true. You want to look for the pieces with the most amount of sockets, sockets are king.

Another example would be the Cataclysm gear, my old Herald twink also had a set of Cataclysm blues that I used aside from my Herald set, these Cata blues were up around ilvl308 and a massive upgrade... But in WOD they are actually all a downgrade, the weapon even has considerbly lower dps than my ilvl232 Ulduar weapon.

Everything is screwed up and you should gear on a piece to piece basis by ignoring Ilvl as any factor of quality and look at the individual stats and amount of sockets, in old gear Ilvl has no relevance.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    I'm debating to do this, but it's only an achivement, so is it worth doing it in the future?
    Good. Should have been removed and not roflstomped 5 years later.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    Good. Should have been removed and not roflstomped 5 years later.
    Considering the gearing and level requirements then its rather childish to come out with that sort of statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Considering the gearing and level requirements then its rather childish to come out with that sort of statement.
    He has a point though, due to the Cataclysm/MoP expansions it is not the same achievement even at the same level. It was trivialised to the point where it was 2 manned, where previously it had been a challenge on par with a server first level hardmode/heroic boss kill. You had 1 hour per week that you could use to beat the boss, and you had to do it with really strict gear requirements.

In MOP classes were so strong that even level 70's could pull enough dps to beat the challenge comfortably. If not for the limitations of hit/glancing and entry requirements than a level 70 raid would actually been able to have easily beat the Herald of the Titans challenge in MOP with the numbers they pulled, probably also undermanning it.

It went from being a challenge that the majority of players simply would not be able to do, to where the only challenge was showing up. I'm not saying that as an elitist who did it when it was relevant... I had my chance to do it in WOTLK and I pulled out due to RL stuff, my guild got it with 2 players from another top guild on the server.. I didn't get it until MOP and it was such a joke... I'm happy to have the achievement but it's a joke achievement and the title is meaningless now because it should have been removed in Cataclysm.

It would be like having the challenge modes left in the game to be done at 90, but severly undertuned so that you could essencially solo the Gold. It is long past the point where removing Herald makes any difference any way.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-11-08 at 06:18 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4