Simcraft always right?

So I was looking at some Sims and it says AmoC is parsing ahead of stampede as well as GT over Barrage. Is that just for raid gear or is that effective now at 640 ilvl? And why isn't Mastery higher on the stat priority list if it gives ranges overall damage increase and crit hit damage? Seems really good to me. Or am I reading too much into the tooltip? Thanx for the input and remember

-BowsBeforeHoes

To answer the title: No. Bugs in SimCraft, bugs in-game, and simply not ever being able to play an actual boss fight means Simcraft is not always right. In fact it's never going to be perfect, but, besides countless logs, it's the closest thing we have to get an idea of what is best.

Highmaul bosses require a lot of movement. From what i've heard, you cant keep the mastery buff up for long enough during fights that it will be worth it to prioritize it.

Even if you got 100% ST uptime you wouldn't prioritize it.

Haste makes you shoot faster, that sounds REALLY good right?
    Versatility increases your damage UNIVERSALLY, REALLY GOOD right?

Except it doesn't work like that. You need a lot of Haste to make a difference you will notice to your cast times, and you need a lot of Mastery to make a noticably difference in your ability damage. Too much. It's called scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Even if you got 100% ST uptime you wouldn't prioritize it.

Haste makes you shoot faster, that sounds REALLY good right?
    Versatility increases your damage UNIVERSALLY, REALLY GOOD right?

Except it doesn't work like that. You need a lot of Haste to make a difference you will notice to your cast times, and you need a lot of Mastery to make a noticably difference in your ability damage. Too much. It's called scaling.
    thanx for the clarification. But what about the GT>barrage and Amoc>Stampede?

Quote Originally Posted by ReklessJonez View Post
    thanx for the clarification. But what about the GT>barrage and Amoc>Stampede?
    What works for raid gear works now, so yes. (For the most part). Few talents scale with gear better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Slykz View Post
    Highmaul bosses require a lot of movement. From what i've heard, you cant keep the mastery buff up for long enough during fights that it will be worth it to prioritize it.
    I wouldn't even gander at that, a lot of fights in highmaul are actually pretty easy to not walk for 3 seconds and maintain a 90% uptime, at least from beta testing it was. Regardless, you wouldn't be stacking it as per what Azortharion already stated.