Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post

Why are you abetting scum?
    Why do you not value your constitutional rights and fail to insist on the authorities doing a proper job? The prosecution has to make their own case. There is *no conceivable* reason to do their job for them, especially when it's to your detriment.

10+ Year Old Account
    He made a stupid mistake. First off, why wasn't the girlfriend or her mom driving? He should have bit the bullet right then and there. Now he's screwed and the longer he postpones his arrest, the worse the punisment will be. He was already kinda screwed, but if he had any chance of getting just a warning, that changed the second he decided to put his foot on the accelerator rather than the break.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    so another question, no one got charged or anything like that the night it happened, can the cop still do something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    There is *no conceivable* reason to do their job for them, especially when it's to your detriment.
    Sure, there's no reason for OP's brother to self-incriminate, but there's perfectly good reason for a group of anonymous people to rain societal shame on his shitbird of a brother and refuse to provide even the barest of assistance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    He made a stupid mistake. First off, why wasn't the girlfriend or her mom driving? He should have bit the bullet right then and there. Now he's screwed and the longer he postpones his arrest, the worse the punisment will be. He was already kinda screwed, but if he had any chance of getting just a warning, that changed the second he decided to put his foot on the accelerator rather than the break.
    I really don't get why people try to run from police. Unless you're willing to kill or you have a high-powered sports car or motorcycle, 99% of the time you're not going to get away with it, and it's only going to make things worse for you when you do get caught.

Why do you not value your constitutional rights and fail to insist on the authorities doing a proper job? The prosecution has to make their own case. There is *no conceivable* reason to do their job for them, especially when it's to your detriment.
    I'm not talking about constitutional rights, I'm talking about helping a shithead who let his gf take the fall for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Sure, there's no reason for OP's brother to self-incriminate, but there's perfectly good reason for a group of anonymous people to rain societal shame on his shitbird of a brother and refuse to provide even the barest of assistance.
    Driving on a suspended license and ducking from a cop makes one a shitbird? Come on now. I'm not saying he did the right thing, but passing that sort of judgment over someone about a piece of paper from the government is not an attitude I can endorse. You know nothing about this guy other than this one little fact, yet you feel qualified to assassinate his character. Sure hope you remember that when someone is poking around at your history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I'm not talking about constitutional rights, I'm talking about helping a shithead who let his gf take the fall for him.
    Here's what you don't understand. If the girlfriend can be charged, she will be, regardless of what he does. You don't "let" anyone take the fall. Prosecutors prosecute on available evidence regardless of what you do. And yes, this is very much about very basic constitutional rights.

If the cop has the tag number, he could just get the DA to charge the owner of the car. That's how red light camera tickets work. Then it's up to the owner of the car to prove they weren't the one driving at the time.

Best case........your brother GF will turn him in and her Mom will be a witness to that. Your brother will take the ride.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Driving on a suspended license and ducking from a cop makes one a shitbird? Come on now.
    Yes? Absolutely? I'm legitimately kind of confused about how you could feel differently about the matter. People don't usually have their license suspended for no reason and running from cops is generally a great marker for being a total shitbag.
    I'm not saying he did the right thing, but passing that sort of judgment over someone about a piece of paper from the government is not an attitude I can endorse. You know nothing about this guy other than this one little fact, yet you feel qualified to assassinate his character. Sure hope you remember that when someone is poking around at your history.
    I'm pretty good with being judged by this standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    If the cop has the tag number, he could just get the DA to charge the owner of the car. That's how red light camera tickets work. Then it's up to the owner of the car to prove they weren't the one driving at the time.
    Red light cameras only work if you don't fight them. You're under no obligation to show who was driving the car. That's the prosecution's burden. Think about what you just said. "it's up to the owner of the car to prove. . ." No, it's not. You don't have to prove anything for a defense. The burden of proof is *entirely* upon the prosecution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell your brother to own up to his mistake and take responsibility for it.

Only right thing to do.

Then tell his GF to find someone else, because if he's willing to throw her under the bus for this, he's willing to do it for other things too.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    No, you can't be compelled to testify against yourself.
    Good thing the GF isnt testifying against herself then isnt it?

OT; your brother is a complete fucking retard and an unmitigated piece of shit to boot for letting others take the blame for this.

Maybe some jailtime and anal gaping will sort him out :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yes? Absolutely? I'm legitimately kind of confused about how you could feel differently about the matter. People don't usually have their license suspended for no reason and running from cops is generally a great marker for being a total shitbag.
    You would be mistaken. The vast majority of people who run from police are normal people who are afraid of a ticket, panic, and make a bad decision. Look up the statistics. Licenses can be suspended for a multitude of reasons.

Deleted
    Driving on a suspended license and ducking from a cop makes one a shitbird? Come on now. I'm not saying he did the right thing, but passing that sort of judgment over someone about a piece of paper from the government is not an attitude I can endorse. You know nothing about this guy other than this one little fact, yet you feel qualified to assassinate his character. Sure hope you remember that when someone is poking around at your history.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what you don't understand. If the girlfriend can be charged, she will be, regardless of what he does. You don't "let" anyone take the fall. Prosecutors prosecute on available evidence regardless of what you do. And yes, this is very much about very basic constitutional rights.
    he lost his license for a reason. its because he's a hazard to others on the roads. You dont lose your license for minor shit.
    So not only is he endangering the lives of others, he's ignoring the warnings hes been given by the cops, AND then lets others take the blame for it to boot.

But nah, he's clearly not a shitbird. But I'm guessing from your response that you're equally as shitty of a person, considering you're defending this behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Good thing the GF isnt testifying against herself then isnt it?
    Yes, she would be.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    so even though there was no charges, no one got arrested etc and the cop doesnt know who was driving, someone will still get in trouble like 4 days after the fact?

the cop said his girlfriend ran to but came back to the car
    Last edited by Crazyalbo; 2014-11-21 at 04:30 AM.

Deleted
    You would be mistaken. The vast majority of people who run from police are normal people who are afraid of a ticket, panic, and make a bad decision. Look up the statistics. Licenses can be suspended for a multitude of reasons.
    No, they dont. What fucking illusionary soap opera do you live in?
    People dont run from the cops unless they KNOW that they're doing somethign highly illegal. Its not worth risking running away otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, she would be.
    So the brother and the GF are the same person then? No? didnt think so chuclefuck.

he lost his license for a reason. its because he's a hazard to others on the roads. You dont lose your license for minor shit.
    Yes, you can. Do a modicum of research, please.

You know nothing about this guy either. He's a shitbird for getting his gf in shit.

I don't care about his constitutional rights, he let his gf take the fall for him.

So the brother and the GF are the same person then? No? didnt think so chuclefuck.
    That's not what I said, and not what the 5th requires. Your mentality is precisely why things like the Salem withcraft fiasco happened. Tone it down a notch.