Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    When the outbreak happened they flocked to the city because the government told them too. When it went to shit , they tried to evacuate but it was too late.
    He meant that there should have been cars in the lanes leading into the city but with cars going out of the city. Some highways are set up for that for evac purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the outbreak happened they flocked to the city because the government told them too. When it went to shit , they tried to evacuate but it was too late.
    Well done Obama.

Think he meant why people were bothering to use one way out, if it was me and I was desperate I'd be on the empty side speeding past everyone :P

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Well done Obama.

Think he meant why people were bothering to use one way out, if it was me and I was desperate I'd be on the empty side speeding past everyone :P
    Yeah, this is what I was getting at. Surely in a completely chaotic situation, where it's life and death, you would just speed down the empty freeway, even if it was the wrong side. Getting a telling off by traffic cops is better than becoming a zombie.

Even some wrecks on the other side would have made more sense than one gridlocked side and one that is completely vacant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    When they went into Atlanta, why was the inbound lane completely empty?

If a zombie apocalypse was really happening, would people really worry about traffic laws, and sit in a jam, rather than driving down the other lane?

Is it not standard evacuation procedure to have both lanes as outgoing?
    "Artistic license." It's more evocative an image to see the outgoing road clogged shut, and two solitary cars driving into a dead city. This is a fictional place, I don't understand why people's immersion is so easily broken. Helicoptors on roofs which hold up only to collapse under the weight of a walker while our heroes are in the store below? That's immersion breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't think Beth is going to die - it seems too obvious. I think Carol is going to.
    It's possible but I think the reaction would be largely negative since she's one of the better actresses on the show and her character has evolved dramatically over the duration of the show. Plus she's one of the few characters to be with us from the very beginning.

I do suspect that something will go horribly wrong with the infiltration of the hospital though. We're approaching the mid-season finale so I suspect we'll get a rather explosive episode.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    When they went into Atlanta, why was the inbound lane completely empty?

If a zombie apocalypse was really happening, would people really worry about traffic laws, and sit in a jam, rather than driving down the other lane?

Is it not standard evacuation procedure to have both lanes as outgoing?
    Pure artistic license. Because you're absolutely right.

(the visual of Rick going back into the city on a horse traveling an empty lane with the outgoing one packed full was pretty good)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Well done Obama.
    Lol, made my morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't think Beth is going to die - it seems too obvious. I think Carol is going to.
    It looks like Rick's group is going to make a full on assault into the hospital. It might be someone else entirely - perhaps even the preacher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It looks like Rick's group is going to make a full on assault into the hospital. It might be someone else entirely - perhaps even the preacher.
    Can't add a black person (Noah) without taking one away.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

my problem with beth isnt that she sings, but that shes, well, stupid.

she also flip flops all the time. i wanna go get drunk, i wanna burn my house down, i wanna kill myself, no i want to live, i dont care about anyone, oh i care about everyone. i want fancy clothes. blah blah blah

as part of a large group shes fine, im fine with the occasional singing, id be fine with someone who paint or whatever.

cavemen painted, cavemen carved little toys and whatnot. art isnt just from excess. nomatter what its believable that people would have time to rest every once in awhile. as long as its not something immersion breaking like carrying around something huge its fine. everybody needs hobbies even in the apocalypse

also as others have said, she has like no faces.

i was fine with beth until they started giving her main episode roles. and id be fine with beth if they just made her part of the group again.

- - - Updated - - -

that actually doesnt make much sense. everyone knows if theres an outbreak of any sort of disease the last place you want to be is in a city or any sort of place with high density population.

high population means more disease
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that actually doesnt make much sense. everyone knows if theres an outbreak of any sort of disease the last place you want to be is in a city or any sort of place with high density population.

high population means more disease
    This is america and that its not a normal disease.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Wow, lots of Beth hate.

Even though she isn't the greatest actress in the world, I do like her character. She admitted being 17, and she flip flops around quite a bit. That whole "Lets go get drunk" episode was out of the blue, but understandable. If I was 17 again and an alcohol virgin I'd definitely want to experience all the hype too. They're trying to turn her character into a more weathered individual, but I don't really like that. She was always the passive caretaker. Everyone else beats the crap out of zombies. I like that she doesn't. The fact she is (lately) is somewhat discouraging.

I also really like the way she looks. I have a thing for petite women. Shh. (She's 34 in real life, I believe.) She also, unlike Rosalita, has that "innocent" vibe. Hasn't dressed provocative once.

In all, I hope she doesn't die. She's the weakest link, but someone always needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Wow, lots of Beth hate.
    This thread has some weird quirks. You can pretty much count on any episode with a woman in it to be loaded with comments about how bad she is. Any episode with a child to be loaded with comments about how bad he/she is. Any episode with talking to be a called a "filler episode" and just be loaded with comments about how bad it was.

The only episodes people seem to like are the ones in which the group just silently kills endless waves of zombies for an hour.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    This thread has some weird quirks. You can pretty much count on any episode with a woman in it to be loaded with comments about how bad she is. Any episode with a child to be loaded with comments about how bad he/she is. Any episode with talking to be a called a "filler episode" and just be loaded with comments about how bad it was.

The only episodes people seem to like are the ones in which the group just silently kills endless waves of zombies for an hour.
    So you think Beth/Emily is a great actor who did a terrific job?

So you think Beth/Emily is a great actor who did a terrific job?
    Except that is not what I said. This thread over the last few years.

OMG, I hate Lori, can't wait till she is killed.
    OMG Carl is the worst actor ever I can't wait until he is dead.
    OMG Beth is terrible, can't wait until she is dead.
    OMG Thank God they killed Sophia she was the worst ever.
    OMG Finally Andera is dead she was the worst ever.
    OMG What a crappy filler episode people talked to each other.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Except that is not what I said. This thread over the last few years.
    Just so we're clear then - basically you agree re Beth, you're just bitching about the tone of the thread overall.

OMG, I hate Lori, can't wait till she is killed.
    OMG Carl is the worst actor ever I can't wait until he is dead.
    OMG Beth is terrible, can't wait until she is dead.
    OMG Thank God they killed Sophia she was the worst ever.
    OMG Finally Andera is dead she was the worst ever.
    OMG What a crappy filler episode people talked to each other.
    Ironically, I happen to agree with you. Some of the best episodes over the past two seasons have had almost no zombie blood in them (or human, lol). Fantastic character development is brushed aside by some in here as "slow" or "pointless". Terrific plot movement falls on deaf eyes when people just want more of shooting and violence.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just so we're clear then - basically you agree re Beth, you're just bitching about the tone of the thread overall.
    There would be less to bitch about if people didn't knee jerk into misinterpretation and then willfully continue that line of discourse and evade the reality of context.
    BAD WOLF

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    There would be less to bitch about if people didn't knee jerk into misinterpretation and then willfully continue that line of discourse and evade the reality of context.
    Definitely. I'm generally with you with your line of reasoning. It's just specifically, I really don't like, nor have I ever liked Beth's character. Emily's acting ability (or, rather, inability) just came to full light with that episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    When did this become the "discussing the discussion in the walking dead thread, thread"?

i still dont get why anyone dislikes carl. carls been awesome for awhile now
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Can't add a black person (Noah) without taking one away.
    Tyreese & Sasha were added, who replaced them?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Tyreese & Sasha were added, who replaced them?
    Wasn't T-Dogg killed around the time they came in?