Poll: XBox One This Late, Worth It?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Worth it to buy an Xbox One this late?

Hey Guys,
    Been playing PC games for a long time, used to play Xbox360 all the way back to the SNES days.

A lot of my friends have been playing the Halo Games, Destiny, and a plethora of other games... wanted to know; is it worth buying one now? Or is it kind of too late at this point. 360 lasted a long time so I figured One will last another 4 years, plus with Black Friday deals (which Im going on the weekend so it's only $300) What do you think... worth it?

TL, DR - Xbox One now for $300 is it worth it?

It's only like, what, a year old now? If you want one, yes it would be worth it. The only debate would be is it worth it compared to other consoles, but if you love the Xbox that much (And nothing wrong with that) then there's no point in that discussion.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-11-26 at 09:18 PM.

the new consoles have barely begun their reign, you're not even close to being to late yet

I mean, only you can decide if the cost is worth it. Nothing wrong with buying it this "late" though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could afford to get in on these sweet holiday console sales, I would for sure. It's not late to get an Xbox One until Xbox Two is out, and then it would only be late for multiplayer games.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2014-11-26 at 09:29 PM.

Playstation 4, why?

- its not owned by Microsoft (or Microshaft as most of the world knows them as)
    - it has slightly higher tech specs (quicker ram/better graphics)
    - more titles at 1080p than the Xbox One

if you're going to pay for a console then buy the one with the better stuff and not the one owned by a company that tried to screw gamers during its initial launch.

Failing that, get a better gaming PC and enjoy the master race more

Deleted
    If it's what you really want then buy it.....if your not sure? buy a PS4....like the rest of the world seem to be doing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Playstation 4, why?

if you're going to pay for a console then buy the one with the better stuff and not the one owned by a company that tried to screw gamers during its initial launch.

Those points are only good if it's a tie. If you are leaning towards something and get persuaded into something else last second you may regret it.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2014-11-26 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    If it's what you really want then buy it.....if your not sure? buy a PS4....like the rest of the world seem to be doing
    No, you want to catch them off guard, buy a Wii U. THEY'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING, NOT EVEN NINTENDO WILL.

Deleted
    It's not too late, the last generation lastet for about 10 years.
    However, IF I was to buy a console it would be PS4, the only thing the XBone has going for it is Halo.
    On the other hand I barely play console games at all. I just can't. It's the habit of having the PC on before i know what to do.

Deleted
    Don't, me and my best bud bought an Xbox One and PS4...every single game so far has been broken as fuck and/or runs at 20fps. Not a single game has proper running online functionality.

Don't buy a console for the next year at least, maybe they get their shit together by then. Don't believe fairy tales about higher tech or 1080p either, as I said...what the fuck is the point of running a game at 1080p at to what looks to be high/ultra compared to a PC if it runs at 20fps.

You don't even have to take my word for it, feel free to google each gaming title specific about issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    It's not too late, the last generation lastet for about 10 years.
    However, IF I was to buy a console it would be PS4, the only thing the XBone has going for it is Halo.
    On the other hand I barely play console games at all. I just can't. It's the habit of having the PC on before i know what to do.
    While the last generation lasted nearly 10 years, this one is unlikely too. A far more likely scenario is a life span of 4 to 5 years this time for a variety of reasons.

If you want to play Halo, go for it. If not, its not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Don't, me and my best bud bought an Xbox One and PS4...every single game so far has been broken as fuck and/or runs at 20fps. Not a single game has proper running online functionality.

Don't buy a console for the next year at least, maybe they get their shit together by then. Don't believe fairy tales about higher tech or 1080p either, as I said...what the fuck is the point of running a game at 1080p at to what looks to be high/ultra compared to a PC if it runs at 20fps.

You don't even have to take my word for it, feel free to google each gaming title specific about issues.
    I can personally say though the Wii U hasn't had a single issue running Mario Kart 8 at 60 FPS! :P

If most of your friends game on it, yes. There are a lot of good deals this holiday season, so it's a good time to pick one up.

And we're barely a year into the console cycle, which will likely least over 7. You're far, far from "too late" : P

Deleted
    Playstation 4, why?

For the love of god, don't listen to fanboys like this. I got both consoles (no Wii U though) and both are complete shit. The only game so far that worked out of 5 titles so far is Infamous (PS4), that's the only game that looks next gen and has only low frame rates at situations where I expect them to drop.

On Xbox One games have less FPS issues but more online ones (game specific, not console issues).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I can personally say though the Wii U hasn't had a single issue running Mario Kart 8 at 60 FPS! :P
    I should have gotten a Wii U, at least I'd know that games I buy work...regardless of me enjoying them or not.

I should have gotten a Wii U, at least I'd know that games I buy work...regardless of me enjoying them or not.
    Link's hat is so fluid while it flaps in the wind.

For the love of god, don't listen to fanboys like this. I got both consoles (no Wii U though) and both are complete shit. The only game so far that worked out of 5 titles so far is Infamous (PS4), that's the only game that looks next gen and has only low frame rates at situations where I expect them to drop.

On Xbox One games have less FPS issues but more online ones (game specific, not console issues).

- - - Updated - - -

Call me a fanboy then come out with fanboy jibberish, seems legit. The difference between you and me little man is I look at the facts rather than licking bill gates rectum on command, I bet you buy apple products too, huh?

Of course it is... the 360 ran for like 9 years.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Call me a fanboy then come out with fanboy jibberish, seems legit. The difference between you and me little man is I look at the facts rather than licking bill gates rectum on command, I bet you buy apple products too, huh?
    What fanboy jibberish? I own both consoles and just mention that Wii U works even though the games most likely aren't impressive. If I'm a fanboy then I'm the most terrible fan in the history is positive speech.

Nope, my last 2 phones are HTC Sense & Galaxy S4. Both bought for half price from my brother, I'd never buy any phone over 200 euros, leave alone an overpriced one for 800.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2014-11-26 at 09:59 PM.

I'm not sure what to make of this, where the heck is any fanboy in that? They bashed both systems.

Although licking butts.