Page 25 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might give this a look this evening.

I've been a longtime user of Skada, and to be fair the stuff I have it very much fluff to just get some use out of Skada. As a DPS'er, I'm only really concerned with Damage related numbers for a current fight, and it all shows on one window for me.

This "looks" like it will just be a different addon for me doing the exact same thing with no real benefit. I'm super lightweight when it comes to damage meters, really dont use the functionality

But I'm a sucker for new addons and giving them a shot, will post back here with thoughts after some use

Quote Originally Posted by testostauren View Post
    This looks great and I cannot wait to try it! Especially since recount is giving me fits at the moment.

As a long time user of LUI, will there be a way to merge it in to that addon? Sorry I don't know the technical terms for that. Would it be up to LUI to make Details! work with it or the other way around?

Looking forward to trying this awesome looking addon soon!
    I'll take a look how LUI works, if is similar to ElvUI, will be easy to make something to work within.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
    Might give this a look this evening.

I've been a longtime user of Skada, and to be fair the stuff I have it very much fluff to just get some use out of Skada. As a DPS'er, I'm only really concerned with Damage related numbers for a current fight, and it all shows on one window for me.

This "looks" like it will just be a different addon for me doing the exact same thing with no real benefit. I'm super lightweight when it comes to damage meters, really dont use the functionality

But I'm a sucker for new addons and giving them a shot, will post back here with thoughts after some use
    Ahah, thanks =)
    There is no much difference if you only concern with damage indeed, you can try the bundled Solo Play Plugins (Time Attack and Dps Tuning) which are tools for damage dealers.

cant wait to test this out. ive been having issues with skada and prismatic crystal.

[QUOTE=Tercio;30800285]I'll take a look how LUI works, if is similar to ElvUI, will be easy to make something to work within.

Cool... I will keep checking back to see how it's going then! Thanks!

Deleted
    looks awesome!

My question is, how accurate the meters are?
    Skada, Recount and Warcraftlogs have about 2-6k hps difference between them.

Not sure what to trust now, so iam asking you directly

Such a cool addon, should have started using it when it came out :P

Request though, would it be possible to add some pandas and worges to the background images? I do know that its possible to do manually, just thought i would submit a request

Keep up the good work on this addon!

Quote Originally Posted by Declade View Post
    looks awesome!

My question is, how accurate the meters are?
    Skada, Recount and Warcraftlogs have about 2-6k hps difference between them.

Not sure what to trust now, so iam asking you directly
    Hi!, at the end of MoP on Siege of Orgrimmar, we had a ~0.5 dps/hps (effective time) difference compared with wclogs, on WoD we need to wait until Highmaul opens at December 2.
    And, as combatlog had few changes, we don't expect such accuracy right at the launch, probably will take few weeks to tune everything again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soiprax View Post
    Such a cool addon, should have started using it when it came out :P

Request though, would it be possible to add some pandas and worges to the background images? I do know that its possible to do manually, just thought i would submit a request

Keep up the good work on this addon!
    Unfortunately there is no images for the new races (pandaren, goblins and worges) inside the game
    Those background images are from the old talent system used previous Cataclysm.
    If you have problems while adding your custom images as wallpaper, you can always as for help here

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=testostauren;30835777]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    I'll take a look how LUI works, if is similar to ElvUI, will be easy to make something to work within.

Cool... I will keep checking back to see how it's going then! Thanks!
    So, set the Skin on Window 1 to Serenity and use /lui to open LUI config, then go to Frames -> Dps tab, fill the Anchor box with DetailsBaseFrame1, press enter and accept the reloadui box. Still on Dps tab, set Offset Y to 18.0.

The Dps box will anchor on Details! window 1.
    Also, you might want take a look at Wallpaper -> Edit Image -> Flip Vertical, this makes a gradient effect from your class color to black.

Deleted
    Hey buddy, I just saw this addon and thought I would give it a try and I think I have found a bug with the installation.

I go through the setup wizard until the skin/import/wallpaper section. The wallpaper toggle is turned off but if I select a wallpaper the wallpaper is shown but the toggle stays off (even though a wallpaper is being displayed).

Its minor at best, but I figured I should say something. Fantastic addon btw - will have to use it for sure!

Also: Is there a way to import once the setup is complete, in the same method as the setup wizard? I wanted to change theme but it reset the settings, I went to import but it came up with a text box (I was hoping to find the same drop down menus).

Thanks

EDIT: 1 more thing. The "Interface and Memory Tweak" section. The first time around I believe the update speed was set to 1. After I did a /details reinstall the default setting was 0.3 instead. Does it run some kind of a test to see what it should be? Or should the default always be 1? I did not change this setting on the first install and left it to 1, so unsure why it would be 0.3 now.

EDIT2: Also the first time around the animations was default off. 2nd time around after the reinstall the default was on (which is what I set it to before the reinstall). I am assuming you want the reinstall to give the same settings every time?

EDIT3: I am honestly just trying to help, not trying to be a nit-picking ass :P. Stretching up and then dragging down again and letting go will cause the bars to be displayed below the bounds of the window, until they fade out. If you stretch up to 12 and then go down to 6, you will see 7-12 below the window until it fades.

EDIT4: You will learn to love me........ I copied the title settings in from Skada (a dark red background with white text). The colour is set to red if I look at the "Change Color" wheel (so it has copied the settings) but the actual colour is black. Moving the transparency makes the title bar change, so I know its the correct setting. Is the "ElvUI Frame Style" fixed to a black title bar?

EDIT5: "Create Test Bars" is ignoring the selected editing window. I open up both windows, clear W1 + W2 and then close window 2 (via editing window 2 & then closing there). I select window 1 again (under editing window) I hit Create Test Bars, open up window 2 and the test bars are in that window (even though it was closed and not selected.)

EDIT6: Under "Window Settings" and "Scale" the + button is a bit odd. If its on 1 and you click the + it takes you to 1.09 (+0.09), hit - and it takes you to 0.99 (-0.1) and thereafter will +/- 0.1 every time. Similarly starting with - takes you to 0.89 (-0.11) and then i +/- 0.1 after that.

Question: Is there a way to remove a window completely? If I "close" window 2, its just hidden and can still be selected in the settings.

EDIT7: Strange. "Apply in all Windows" with window 2 selected fixed the Create Test Bar issue in window1.

EDIT8: The bars weren't aligned correctly after the import from skada. The bar would show but the border would display its real size. It seemed like the physical size of the bars was larger than the visible size. Visibly the bars connected perfectly, but the border told the true story - it went lower than the bar.
    With the window resized to show 1 bar, it was fine - but as more space was included (and more bars displayed) there was more and more empty space at the bottom of the window (Rather than the window filling up with bars all the way to the bottom.
    Swapping "Grow Direction" from top to bottom fixed this issue. (Putting it back to top didn't undo this fix)

EDIT9: The bottom edge of the window's border doesn't seem to affect the bar visibility. If you hide the border the bars get narrower to compensate, but this isn't true for the bottom edge.
    If you hide borders and then resize the window so there's no gap below the last bar and the edge of the window and then add a border, the bars get narrower but the bottom bar gets partially covered by the border instead of the last bar disappearing.

I'm just going to go to bed before you block me...
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2014-11-29 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    Hey buddy, I just saw this addon and thought I would give it a try and I think I have found a bug with the installation.

I go through the setup wizard until the skin/import/wallpaper section. The wallpaper toggle is turned off but if I select a wallpaper the wallpaper is shown but the toggle stays off (even though a wallpaper is being displayed).

Its minor at best, but I figured I should say something. Fantastic addon btw - will have to use it for sure!

Also: Is there a way to import once the setup is complete, in the same method as the setup wizard? I wanted to change theme but it reset the settings, I went to import but it came up with a text box (I was hoping to find the same drop down menus).

Thanks

EDIT: 1 more thing. The "Interface and Memory Tweak" section. The first time around I believe the update speed was set to 1. After I did a /details reinstall the default setting was 0.3 instead. Does it run some kind of a test to see what it should be? Or should the default always be 1? I did not change this setting on the first install and left it to 1, so unsure why it would be 0.3 now.

EDIT2: Also the first time around the animations was default off. 2nd time around after the reinstall the default was on (which is what I set it to before the reinstall). I am assuming you want the reinstall to give the same settings every time?

EDIT3: I am honestly just trying to help, not trying to be a nit-picking ass :P. Stretching up and then dragging down again and letting go will cause the bars to be displayed below the bounds of the window, until they fade out. If you stretch up to 12 and then go down to 6, you will see 7-12 below the window until it fades.

EDIT4: You will learn to love me........ I copied the title settings in from Skada (a dark red background with white text). The colour is set to red if I look at the "Change Color" wheel (so it has copied the settings) but the actual colour is black. Moving the transparency makes the title bar change, so I know its the correct setting. Is the "ElvUI Frame Style" fixed to a black title bar?

EDIT5: "Create Test Bars" is ignoring the selected editing window. I open up both windows, clear W1 + W2 and then close window 2 (via editing window 2 & then closing there). I select window 1 again (under editing window) I hit Create Test Bars, open up window 2 and the test bars are in that window (even though it was closed and not selected.)

EDIT6: Under "Window Settings" and "Scale" the + button is a bit odd. If its on 1 and you click the + it takes you to 1.09 (+0.09), hit - and it takes you to 0.99 (-0.1) and thereafter will +/- 0.1 every time. Similarly starting with - takes you to 0.89 (-0.11) and then i +/- 0.1 after that.

Question: Is there a way to remove a window completely? If I "close" window 2, its just hidden and can still be selected in the settings.

EDIT7: Strange. "Apply in all Windows" with window 2 selected fixed the Create Test Bar issue in window1.

EDIT8: The bars weren't aligned correctly after the import from skada. The bar would show but the border would display its real size. It seemed like the physical size of the bars was larger than the visible size. Visibly the bars connected perfectly, but the border told the true story - it went lower than the bar.
    With the window resized to show 1 bar, it was fine - but as more space was included (and more bars displayed) there was more and more empty space at the bottom of the window (Rather than the window filling up with bars all the way to the bottom.
    Swapping "Grow Direction" from top to bottom fixed this issue. (Putting it back to top didn't undo this fix)

EDIT9: The bottom edge of the window's border doesn't seem to affect the bar visibility. If you hide the border the bars get narrower to compensate, but this isn't true for the bottom edge.
    If you hide borders and then resize the window so there's no gap below the last bar and the edge of the window and then add a border, the bars get narrower but the bottom bar gets partially covered by the border instead of the last bar disappearing.

I'm just going to go to bed before you block me...
    Hi!, Really nice feedback, it seems like you looked in Details! with a microscope, thank you

Details! indeed does test the cpu speed on the first run. perhaps another program in your computer was running high when Details! did the test for the first time, so, it didn't changed the default configs (1.0 update speed and animations off).

The Create Test Bars actually creates damage and heal fake actors in the current combat, so the window just do what it meant to do.
    You can give the true death for a window over Options -> Misc -> Windows -> 'Delete'.

I'll take a look on these bugs on next days, i'm not sure if i got the #8 and #9, but past midnight here and i'm tired.

Deleted
    Alright buddy, sorry for just throwing a list at you, that wasn't my intention - just figured it might be helpful. Let me know if you need help replicating anything, I can record it as well if you wish.

The Create Test Bars threw me because I only had window1 open at the time (and it worked before on that window). I hit it and nothing happened. Then I realized it might be displaying them on the 2nd window instead. Seeing as the window I was editing was window1 (and because window1 and window2 can have different settings) it didn't seem like it was intended to display them on window2 when window1 was selected and essentially the window you would want to test.

Thank you for all of your hard work. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. You can add me to realID if you want a more direct contact Pinpoint#2343 (EU of course, but I assumed you were as well seeing as it was after mid-night)

Alright buddy, sorry for just throwing a list at you, that wasn't my intention - just figured it might be helpful. Let me know if you need help replicating anything, I can record it as well if you wish.

The Create Test Bars threw me because I only had window1 open at the time (and it worked before on that window). I hit it and nothing happened. Then I realized it might be displaying them on the 2nd window instead. Seeing as the window I was editing was window1 (and because window1 and window2 can have different settings) it didn't seem like it was intended to display them on window2 when window1 was selected and essentially the window you would want to test.

Thank you for all of your hard work. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. You can add me to realID if you want a more direct contact Pinpoint#2343 (EU of course, but I assumed you were as well seeing as it was after mid-night)
    I've sent today version v3.4.2 fixing many bugs including the stretch problem, the +- buttons for window's scale and small changes on the ElvUI skin.
    The Edit #8 and #9 i didn't understand, sorry, perhaps if you describe how to reproduce might help.

This addon far too complicated and filled with useless options. I'm back to Skada, sorry.

Hey, back again!

I was curious if you were able to add damage from Dominate Mind (Priest Talent) into the Damage Done for the user. I dunno if this was added in today's new update or not.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arieth View Post
    Hey, back again!

I was curious if you were able to add damage from Dominate Mind (Priest Talent) into the Damage Done for the user. I dunno if this was added in today's new update or not.

Thanks!
    I'm not sure but i think it can't recognize who is in the control. Perhaps with special shenanigans like adding the controlled npc/player as a fake pet while the mind control spell is active. Can be fun to do some experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_AllCOM3 View Post
    This addon far too complicated and filled with useless options. I'm back to Skada, sorry.
    Hi! thanks for the feedback, if you want to help us to make the addon more easy to use, let us know which parts wasn't clear to you

Deleted
    I've sent today version v3.4.2 fixing many bugs including the stretch problem, the +- buttons for window's scale and small changes on the ElvUI skin.
    The Edit #8 and #9 i didn't understand, sorry, perhaps if you describe how to reproduce might help.
    Alright buddy - I'll have another look and try and replicate 8 & 9.

One minor suggestion: The bookmark page looks a bit messy with tons of "left click me", especially when you only want a few bookmarks. Perhaps you could only have 1 "Add Bookmark" button (at the very last spot of the open window).
    Not only would it make it easier to see your actual bookmarks, but it would also look a bit more professional as well in my opinion.

Suggestions number 2: When you hover over a player it will display the breakdown of that last segment. All you get though is names and text, one thing it is missing in my eyes is the percentage bars (similar to what is displayed when you click on that segment). If it is possible, it would be great to have colours bars underneath each ability in that breakdown.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2014-12-02 at 09:27 PM.

Alright buddy - I'll have another look and try and replicate 8 & 9.

One minor suggestion: The bookmark page looks a bit messy with tons of "left click me", especially when you only want a few bookmarks. Perhaps you could only have 1 "Add Bookmark" button (at the very last spot of the open window).
    Not only would it make it easier to see your actual bookmarks, but it would also look a bit more professional as well in my opinion.

Suggestions number 2: When you hover over a player it will display the breakdown of that last segment. All you get though is names and text, one thing it is missing in my eyes is the percentage bars (similar to what is displayed when you click on that segment). If it is possible, it would be great to have colours bars underneath each ability in that breakdown.
    Did few changes on the bookmark and indeed, way better eheheheh.
    I've also made the statusbar on the tooltip spells, not sure if the result is okey, i'll add an hidden option to enabled it and test.
    And thank you again for these awesome feedbacks, is helping a lot.

Deleted
    Did few changes on the bookmark and indeed, way better eheheheh.
    I've also made the statusbar on the tooltip spells, not sure if the result is okey, i'll add an hidden option to enabled it and test.
    And thank you again for these awesome feedbacks, is helping a lot.
    Looking forward to it, sounds really good! Keep it up!

EDIT: 1 more thing! When no-one pre-pots it just says "pre-potion:" and nothing else. Perhaps add a message like "Pre-Potion: No-one" if no-one did.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2014-12-03 at 11:22 PM.

Deleted
    Hello, are absorbed damages counted ?
    Ranged DPS is really low en Ko'ragh with this damage meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paloqt View Post
    Hello, are absorbed damages counted ?
    Ranged DPS is really low en Ko'ragh with this damage meter.
    I'm actually looking into this right now, I'll send a release in one or two hours.

Looking forward to it, sounds really good! Keep it up!

EDIT: 1 more thing! When no-one pre-pots it just says "pre-potion:" and nothing else. Perhaps add a message like "Pre-Potion: No-one" if no-one did.
    Got ya, I'll take a look.
    Last edited by Tercio; 2014-12-06 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you, keep up the good work!