Deleted

Unclear. What does SOTF do?

Hi guys! i've read around some on the forums and im currently testing with both going Inc + Euphoria and SoTF + Euphoria and see what combination gives me the best possible dps. However im kind of confused on what sotf does. Is there any kind soul who could explain it to me?

my understanding is gives my starfire and wrath 15% damage boost while in eclipce. Am i right or wrong?

By default, SS buffs the damage of your next 2 Starfires and 3 wraths by 30%.

SotF increases the damage buff to 45%. So after casting a SS during lunar your next 2 starfires will deal 45% more damage. Same goes to your next 3 wraths when SS is casted during solar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    Hi guys! i've read around some on the forums and im currently testing with both going Inc + Euphoria and SoTF + Euphoria and see what combination gives me the best possible dps. However im kind of confused on what sotf does. Is there any kind soul who could explain it to me?

my understanding is gives my starfire and wrath 15% damage boost while in eclipce. Am i right or wrong?
    Just think of that talent as 15% mastery on specific spells at certain times. SOTF adds an extra 15% to your empowerments: solar and lunar. You gain these buffs when you use your starsurge in a specific eclipse.

Situation: You're in a fight and your eclipse is currently in the lunar phase. You hit the mob with starsurge and gain lunar empowerment. Your 2 starfires will now do 45% damage instead of 30% damage.
    Last edited by Mrbleedinggums; 2014-12-06 at 11:31 PM.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by andreoav View Post
    By default, SS buffs the damage of your next 2 Starfires and 3 wraths by 30%.

SotF increases the damage buff to 45%. So after casting a SS during lunar your next 2 starfires will deal 45% more damage. Same goes to your next 3 wraths when SS is casted during solar.
    THIS^
    It is not 15% mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lifteez View Post
    THIS^
    It is not 15% mastery.
    I only said that for the most layman of terms to describe the ability. It gives an effective 15% mastery only at certain times. If i said a trinket gives you 958 intellect every 30s, I would be right as well. Saying you would have 958+ intellect total from the trinket would be incorrect.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    I only said that for the most layman of terms to describe the ability. It gives an effective 15% mastery only at certain times. If i said a trinket gives you 958 intellect every 30s, I would be right as well. Saying you would have 958+ intellect total from the trinket would be incorrect.
    Its not "an effective 15% mastery" because that implies it stacks additively with mastery which it certainly does not. Simplifying things is fine but not when its to the point of being misleading.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer