Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Season 2 Returns on January 13

Season 2 Returns on January 13

by Colin Johanson on December 9, 2014

A few months ago, we announced that Guild Wars 2‘s Living World experience was launching on a path that would result in our story-and the whole world of Tyria-reaching a point of no return. We’ve since ventured into the heart of Glint’s lair, discovered secrets in the depths of the Durmand Priory, witnessed the fall of the leader of the Zephyrites, recovered the last known dragon egg only to have it stolen out from under us by a longtime friend, and searched through the first memories of the sylvari race in our hunt to find her.

Our story now finds the Pact’s fleet of airships poised to launch their assault into the jungle, and our band of heroes standing before a sealed cave marked with ancient runes. On January 13, Living World Season 2 will return to take you beyond that seal, and you’ll discover moments that will forever change the course of Tyria.

Holiday Events

As we count down to January 13 and enjoy the holiday season, we’ll feature a number of exciting events across our core game modes in Guild Wars 2. On December 16, our annual holiday festival, “A Very Merry Wintersday,” will make its return at its new home in Divinity’s Reach. Queen Jennah has graciously agreed to host the event to celebrate the Pact Fleet’s coming assault into the jungle, and to lighten the burden on Lion’s Arch during its rebuilding efforts in the wake of the city’s destruction.

Starting December 16, and running through January 13, we’ll host our first-ever test ladder season in Player vs. Player! Using our new matchmaking and ladder formulas, you can battle your way to the top of the ladder in PvP for the next four weeks to earn prestige, honor, and prizes!

Hot on the heels of our inaugural World Tournament Series finale event in Beijing, we’ll be bringing you more top-tier PvP action with the first-ever ESL monthly championship. Join us on December 10 to watch top teams in North America and Europe compete for over $3,000 (USD) in prizes, broadcast live from the ESL HQ studios in Los Angeles and Cologne. This marks the beginning of a partnership with ESL that will continue to bring you exciting monthly championship events from the top PvP teams and PvP shoutcasters in the world.

In World vs. World, from December 16 to January 13, we’ll feature our first non-tournament WvW event, the WvW Sneak Attack. Join us as we turn the rules of WvW upside down for four weeks. Every player you kill in WvW will gain your world a point. Earn an extra point by using a finisher while your world has Borderlands Bloodlust. Objectives under attack will not display their customary white sword, and the Mist War Summons buff will give you an extra +15% WXP gain, +50% Magic Find in WvW, and +15% experience on kills in WvW. If all goes well, this will be just the first of many special events in WvW.

The Final Countdown

Exciting events and content are coming to Guild Wars 2 over the holidays as we count down to the pivotal moment of Living World’s second season on January 13. We hope you’ll join us for the ride; you won’t want to miss it.

We’ll see you in Tyria!
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for ruining Christmas Colin "Grinch" Johanson! Very, very disappointing!

As I said in the other thread, it was expected but I can't help but feel disappointed.

I do like Wintersday though

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to Wintersday in Divinity's Reach

Halloween was fine in Lion's Arch under all the gloomy, but Wintersday just wouldn't fit in LA right now. The WvW Sneak Attack sounds really fun, glad to see they are shaking up the rulesets in WvW.

And ye gods, I still haven't had time to complete all the story stuff from this last patch! With the holidays I just have less time to go around so I'm glad to see a break in the story until January.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    As I said in the other thread, it was expected but I can't help but feel disappointed.

I do like Wintersday though
    It is now been renamed Wintersmonth! Maybe it's my age showing but I just can't throw snowballs for that long anymore!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Fuck my life my server is small so we are gona get steamrolled by larger servers, the only reason why we still win matches is because not many guilds left the server when the giants started sucking guilds like black holes and because we got a decent amount of aussies and europeans for coverage when other people are sleeping, but in a straight zerg vs zerg we don't stand a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    you’ll discover moments that will forever change the course of Tyria.
    Again?...

Well, I'd rather get updates to actual gameplay and such...

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    It is now been renamed Wintersmonth! Maybe it's my age showing but I just can't throw snowballs for that long anymore!
    In GW1 we had an additional Wintersday... in July xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Fuck my life my server is small so we are gona get steamrolled by larger servers, the only reason why we still win matches is because not many guilds left the server when the giants started sucking guilds like black holes and because we got a decent amount of aussies and europeans for coverage when other people are sleeping, but in a straight zerg vs zerg we don't stand a chance.
    They aren't changing the matchup system or the rankings in WvW so you shouldn't be going against larger servers in your tier.

I predict much more ambushing and tricks with open field siege! "Can we get them to follow us over here? (tease tease, small group running -SURPRISE MUTHAFUCKA!"
    It's going to be glorious
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Nice! Fits my holiday perfectly

I hope there wont be a 4 month break in the LS again after this season ends tho. Last years content was sooooooo stretched out. (LS1 ended march 18th and didn't start until july again -.-)

I'm glad that they removed winters day from LA as well. Would feel a bit disrespectful to have it there now. Tho I wish they would start using other cities for events and not have everything in DR. Guess they kind of "have" to winters day being a human celebration and queens jubilee being Jennas party. They could add some kind of Harvest Moot for the Norns for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    To be fair, they need a holiday break from their job like the rest of us.
    Yeah playing paper football in the office for 2+ years is well deserving of some hard earned vacation time.

I am not complaining, LS is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Yeah playing paper football in the office for 2+ years is well deserving of some hard earned vacation time.

I am not complaining, LS is garbage.
    Yeah, I'm sure that's all they do. The game auto-updates and codes itself. Just like I'm sure you wouldn't complain in the slightest if you had to work on Christmas and New Year's.

this must be one of the "good arguments" the nay-sayers are supposed to make here in the forums.

Personally I would have loved if they had given us the new update in mid december, but I can see why they haven't. Just like last year it's time for the holiday festival and giving us some additional new content now wouldn't be healthy for the game. With each release there are bugs and as many developers go into their holidays there aren't a lot of people there who fix those bugs when Santa is landing on our roofs.

Wintersday is basically a finished product and we'll have something to do until everyone is back at work. This also means a bit more time to polish the new content, which is never a bad idea.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2014-12-12 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    this must be one of the "good arguments" the nay-sayers are supposed to make here in the forums.
    Don't blame others for the trolls getting fat, if you keep feeding them
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Just like last year it's time for the holiday festival and giving us some additional new content now wouldn't be healthy for the game. With each release there are bugs and as many developers go into their holidays there aren't a lot of people there who fix those bugs when Santa is landing on our roofs.
    When is a better time to release content than when people have to actually play it? What's the age range of people playing GW2 12-28? With everyone who is between those ages having holidays with little to do than relax.
    The issue with doing that is that you need to create enough substantial content which isn't a-net's forté.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

This seems like another somewhat long-ish delay. I don't think the content released since the last break was super remarkable relative to the time off.

How long are these "seasons" suppose to last? A year? Because it feels rather drawn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This seems like another somewhat long-ish delay. I don't think the content released since the last break was super remarkable relative to the time off.

How long are these "seasons" suppose to last? A year? Because it feels rather drawn out.
    I suspect, until they're finished

I don't get the complaints, it's one month of no new content, but with a recurring holiday event (which they've been doing for nearly a decade now, starting with GW1). Sure, there might be more players on during the holidays, but if ANet does a corporate shutdown for the holidays (as numerous companies do), it wouldn't be a great idea to release new content which then may require further updates/bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I would like Anet to change the naming of Living Story from Season XX to Chapter XX. These are not really seasonal at all. >.>

If you would have just called it Chapter 2, Arena.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I would like Anet to change the naming of Living Story from Season XX to Chapter XX. These are not really seasonal at all. >.>

If you would have just called it Chapter 2, Arena.net.
    Chapter doesn't really work, Fencers. Volume, on the other hand, would. Then the Episodes could be called Chapters.

Volume II, III, IV, etc works for me.

Deleted
    A lot of TV series are not "seasonal" either, yet they are split up in "seasons".

Talk bout nitpicking.
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2014-12-15 at 09:30 AM.