Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Stranger informs man of alleged cheating girlfriend

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/12/2143...football-game/

If she actually is a cheater, kudos to this man for honoring the bro code.

TLDR:
    1. Man sees girl sending texts to a guy implying an affair outside of relationship.
    2. Man writes not to significant other and posts to Facebook

If you thought you saw someone cheating on their romantic partner, but you didn’t personally know either of them, what would you do? For one man, the answer was to honor the Bro Code and let the man being cheated on know.

The man, only known as “Lye” online, claims that he witnessed a heavily pregnant woman publicly degrading her boyfriend or husband. He then says that he saw her secretly texting love messages to a “Jason.” They included statements about how she would meet up with Jason later after she was done with “him,” her football game companion.

The male companion was leaning in to talk to her and putting his arm around her, but as he did, she would quickly turn her cellphone away from him, so he could not see her texting.

Fed up, Lye retrieved paper and pen from a nearby vendor and bode his time. Once the game was over, he privately asked the man to read the note when he got home. Lye posted on Facebook about the incident

Deleted
    I stay out of the business of strangers, friends and family would be on a case to case basis.

Deleted
    Rat rat rat rat rat. Stay out of other peoples buisness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I'm sure anyone who has ever been cheated on would appreciate a head's up.

There's nothing wrong with intervening in these kinds of situations. It's a shitty thing to do and should be pointed out.

Deleted
    Ofc it's a shitty thing to do, the people saying others should stay out of it just fear someone might notice them cheating and bring it to their partners attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ofc it's a shitty thing to do, the people saying others should stay out of it just fear someone might notice them cheating and bring it to their partners attention.
    Uh huh, I have never cheated once during my 9 year relationship. I just think people should keep those big noses to themselves unless it is about a loved one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I'm sure anyone who has ever been cheated on would appreciate a head's up.

There's nothing wrong with intervening in these kinds of situations. It's a shitty thing to do and should be pointed out.
    You don't know enough about the situation then you plough in. I know American football is fucking boring and if I had to watch it i'd probably be intrusively reading the texts of the people infront of me, singing songs about how the mascots a cunt and drinking heavily to break the tedium but ratting out someone when you have no scope is just plain weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know enough about the situation then you plough in. I know American football is fucking boring and if I had to watch it i'd probably be intrusively reading the texts of the people in front of me, singing songs about how the mascots a cunt and drinking heavily to break the tedium but ratting out someone when you have no scope is just plain weak.
    He doesn't need sufficient information to intervene. A note just in case she is actually having an affair is all this man did aside from going to Facebook.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2014-12-11 at 07:55 PM.

Maybe not the best way... But the right one.
    Man had full rights to know.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I agree with Bigzoman here. Following the Bro Code was the right move in this situation. If he had seen the woman all cuddly with the guy during the game, then noticed her making out with some random dude near the bathrooms during a break, should he have still stayed quiet? There's not much difference in this case. He let the boyfriend know that hey, she might be cheating, you should look into it.

Cheaters deserve no privacy. Two timing is everyone's business.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

People say this. Until someone does something to them. Then they want people to "rat" that person out.

If I were being cheated on I hope someone would tell me. But this looks pretty fake. Who dates a pregnant female (where the kid isn't yours)?

She was doing this in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Cheaters deserve no privacy. Two timing is everyone's business.
    This. If someone is cheating, they have voided the trust in the relationship, not the other person.

Yes I have been cheated on. Yes someone else told me. I'm thankful they stepped up, even if the ex started losing it about how our mutual friend "violated her relationship business/privacy".

Seems like misdirection if anything. "I'm caught, quick, turn it around and justify my actions."
    Last edited by Bathory; 2014-12-11 at 08:03 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see anything wrong. Cheaters don't get the same privileges as the faithful. Something corny bla bla lol.

Deleted
    He did the right thing, not the socially acceptable thing, but the right thing all the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I agree with Bigzoman here. Following the Bro Code was the right move in this situation. If he had seen the woman all cuddly with the guy during the game, then noticed her making out with some random dude near the bathrooms during a break, should he have still stayed quiet? There's not much difference in this case. He let the boyfriend know that hey, she might be cheating, you should look into it.
    There's a first time for everything.

Hard to say...

Strangers butting into to my business seems weird as I'd wonder what brought that person attention to my situation in the first place, but a heads up in a cheating situation seems like a pretty noble thing to do.

If it turns out it wasn't cheating, no harm done.

I make it a habit to stay out of people's love lives. If she is cheating that's between him and her. I don't want any part of that.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!