Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arrow Yes; Microsoft is Still Promising to Get Into PC Gaming... Do they Mean it this Time?

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/543296007664959488

Not that anyone actually believes him.

For those who haven't been following this saga - which began after Microsoft dropped computer gaming in favor of their console darling with Halo 2 being the last PC game by the company - Phil Savage of PCgamer sums it up in this statement:

"Over the past few years, Microsoft's behaviour in regards to the PC gaming has more closely resembled a teen high-school drama. One minute he's—Microsoft is a he in this analogy, just roll with it—he's inviting us to the prom, saying we're the prettiest platform around. The next, he's run away with the console market. Sure, he still calls to tell us that we mean the world to him, but we don't really believe him at this point, do we?"
    If only they did. Yes, if only they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/543296007664959488

Not that anyone actually believes him.

For those who haven't been following this saga - which began after Microsoft dropped computer gaming in favor of their console darling with Halo 2 being the last PC game by the company - Phil Savage of PCgamer sums it up in this statement:

If only they did. Yes, if only they did.
    so because they said a game they released in 2007 was thier last game they were producing for pc and now they have unfucked thier os to be more friendly for gaming compatability between thier console and thier pc platform they are playing with thier emotions? I think 7 years is enough time for them to get thier shit in order. I for one am looking forward to the shared os between pc and console meaning that only graphics and performance need to be tuned to make a game go from xbox > pc or pc > xbox. I would love to see xbox live be shared across pc in a non live for windows fucked up way and think its a shame it took them this long to get back into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already have. We have got almost every X1 exclusive so far. I wouldn't be surprised we get MCC and sunset overdrive in the next few months. Rise of the tomb raider is also been published by Microsoft so it will be on PC.

A new age of empires would be cool but.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2014-12-13 at 09:24 AM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They already have. We have got almost every X1 exclusive so far. I wouldn't be surprised we get MCC and sunset overdrive in the next few months. Rise of the tomb raider is also been published by Microsoft so it will be on PC.

A new age of empires would be cool but.
    it wont be current games out not a chance, future games yes but not current games. Halo wont go back to pc, so stop wishing.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2014-12-13 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Halo wont go back to console, so stop wishing.
    What?........
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Buddy of mine was talking about how Destiny will be/has already released their first addon/content patch/whatever, but apparently it's going to come out on PS4 first and then only reach XB1 like 10 months later? That's going to kill XB1 if that's true.

I don't understand why they wouldn't just say screw exclusivity and port things over to PC after they've had enough time to enjoy early adopters buying the console version of the games.

A good, competent port of Master Chief Collection would sell like wildfire on PC. Hell, people that build PCs to play Halo or whatever else would have to buy a copy of Windows, anyhow (expecting Microsoft to port it to Mac and Linux is a little much), so Microsoft wins no matter how you slice it, don't they?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

it wont be current games out not a chance, future games yes but not current games. Halo wont go back to console, so stop wishing.
    Current games. Minecraft. Microsoft bought Minecraft, a current PC game that is still relevant and releasing content patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope pc gets all games that ps4/xbox one have. It's very silly that they still have exclusives, their console systems suck so much and lack any diverse features that they need to strong arm people into picking their console through the use of exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Current games. Minecraft. Microsoft bought Minecraft, a current PC game that is still relevant and releasing content patches.
    minecraft was out on pc before xbox. Im talking about current next gen games on console, they wont show up on pc but future ones will.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would sell my brother's soul for Halo on PC again
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    minecraft was out on pc before xbox. Im talking about current next gen games on console, they wont show up on pc but future ones will.
    What are you talking about? Almost every X1 exclusive so far has come to PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I would sell my brother's soul for Halo on PC again
    I'd sell my Xbox one because I would have no reason to own it anymore lol.
    Aye mate

I'd trust Microsoft these days with gaming like I'd poisonous snake on my lap. They are one of the largest grievances of PC gaming since SecuROM with their absolutely horrendous DRM software that they only lately have somewhat started to let go (though some backtracking about it has started now)
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I'd trust Microsoft these days with gaming like I'd poisonous snake on my lap. They are one of the largest grievances of PC gaming since SecuROM with their absolutely horrendous DRM software that they only lately have somewhat started to let go (though some backtracking about it has started now)
    I'd say second. Ubisoft takes the crown for that.
    Aye mate

What are you talking about? Almost every X1 exclusive so far has come to PC.
    Then i would have to be talking about the ones that havnt now would i.

I'd sell my Xbox one because I would have no reason to own it anymore lol.
    Still wont happen, they said after the dismal sales of halo 2 and 1 on pc they wont do it again.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then i would have to be talking about the ones that havnt now would i.

Still wont happen, they said after the dismal sales of halo 2 and 1 on pc they wont do it again.
    You've no idea what you're talking about, you've already said there's "not a chance" current games will, yet current games have, Now you say you're talking about the "ones that haven't" it doesn't work like that, sorry, You can't say "current games" which guess what, includes all current games, then try and backpeddle when you're corrected, at least have the integrity to stand by what you say

10+ Year Old Account
    That was 10 years ago now... Also why are you getting defensive?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I'd say second. Ubisoft takes the crown for that.
    Their 3rd party DRM isn't even close to as grievous as Microsoft Live, not even in same category (yet of course absolutely ridicuously stupid as is any third party DRM) and Ubisoft still lets their studios toy around smaller and more focused games like Far Cry: Blood Dragon and MM XI while Microsoft focuses solely on mass marketable crap and buying out PC centric studios to focus them on Xbone.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2014-12-13 at 10:18 AM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I'll give Phil Spencer a chance, but Microsoft has hit the lowest point possible within PC gaming. Halo: Combat Evolved, for example, was the game that translated the FPS genre to work on controllers. On top of that, Halo has a legacy. Halo: Combat Evolved released on PC, and although it wasn't as big as Xbox, it sold units that would be deemed as a "huge success" nowadays. However, Microsoft made poor decisions with Halo 2. For example, Halo 2 was Vista exclusive. You guys remember Windows Vista, that pos operating system? It didn't sell well and for a good reason. Either way, PCs didn't have Halo ever again until Halo: Spartan Assault came around. Not even Halo Wars, which was an RTS.

Speaking of Halo Wars, another low-point was purchasing and the shut-down of Ensemble. Whatever your opinion of Age of Empires III was, that game won't be relevant compared to what came afterwards. The saddest thing about Ensemble was the development of Halo Wars, an RTS developed exclusively for the Xbox 360, and not even a PC release. The first person shooter genre did translate into controllers pretty well, although mouse and keyboard is still far superior in terms of controls, analog sticks "work". However, for a genre that was designed for mouse and keyboard in mind, I don't see how Halo Wars was going to be the translation of RTS on consoles. The most insulting subject, however is when Ensemble shut down. Want to know why Age of Empires IV hasn't happened yet, but we got AoE online and that pathetic mobile game? Because the guys behind the IP don't work under Microsoft anymore. If the future of Halo for PC is a slap in the face, Ensemble's shutdown is a kick in the balls.

Although Games for Windows Live is on the path of irrelevance at this point, even though Microsoft has decided to extend it's lifetime, GFWL is the most disgusting thing Microsoft has ever had to offer to PC gamers. Microsoft has said from time to time and again that PC gaming is still important to them, and that they have plans to support PC gaming in the future, it has always been a lie. I could talk about Gears of War as well, but that's more of Epic's and Cliff Bleszinski's fault.

TL;DR - Microsoft has treated PC gamers like crap ever since the Xbox, including the fact that Halo wont be supported on PCs anytime soon outside of that twinstick shooter, Ensemble's shutdown being an unforgivable event, and games for windows live. I've lost any faith in Microsoft in PC gaming but I'll give Phil Spencer a chance, although what he said about PC gaming and E3 should anger PC gamers.

Unless they port all old and new Halo's to PC, I won't care what they do. They won't have my respect, nor money.

As long as they don't port all old and new Halo's to PC I won't care what they do.