Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why did Square Enix set up a stage for a FF7 port?

I'm just curious about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bMjkDFGJ1A

what the hell was the point of hyping this up?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

To try to keep their playerbase from leaving because they are putting out crap games now by telling them they are just gonna be lazy and port old ones?

I would buy a PS4 for a FF7 remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    To try to keep their playerbase from leaving because they are putting out crap games now by telling them they are just gonna be lazy and port old ones?
    why not just remake it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It never ceases to amaze me how people consider FF7 their new religion
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    why not just remake it?
    Because they are gonna be lazy. "It'd take away too many resources from our precious new FF15!"

Because they are gonna be lazy. "It'd take away too many resources from our precious new FF15!"
    Couldn't they just make it a handheld game like crisis core? For the Vita? That wouldn't be too bad would it? This whole thing recently is nothing short of plain mockery and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF7 is often hyped up as the greatest FF game ever by more than a few people, I honestly do not see why people would have a problem with getting a PS4 port of their favourite game.

15+ Year Old Account
    To give us this gif?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Looking forward to 15 way more than any remake of the overhyped pos that is ff7.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    FF7 is often hyped up as the greatest FF game ever by more than a few people, I honestly do not see why people would have a problem with getting a PS4 port of their favourite game.
    FF7 was already on the PS3 in the store as a PS1 classic game.

They keep doing this crap every generation. Remake the game already!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    FF7 was already on the PS3 in the store as a PS1 classic game.

They keep doing this crap every generation. Remake the game already!
    When people say remake, do they mean simple 3d akin to a 3ds game or is it a FF VII game with XV graphics they want? Only one of these is feasible and the other is a pipe dream.

Personally Id rather see a FF6 in simple 3d for the first time over a FF7 remake.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-12-13 at 04:58 PM.

They can do a genuine remake of FF7 AFTER they remake FF6, which was (in my opinion, obviously) vastly superior both in story and mechanics. Though, I came to the unfortunate realization years ago that the FF7 cult is primarily a result of it being many people's very first FF, so most of them have never played 6... It'll probably never have the popularity it would need.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how people consider FF7 their new religion
    To be fair, FF7 was an entry title into the series for a lot of people, I know it was mine and I love it to death, but I'm not as die hard as most when it comes down to it, I do love the other titles as well.

On topic: Was hoping for a full out remake, since it's been asked to death for years now, and I'd love to see it happen ._.
    Last edited by Fabled; 2014-12-13 at 07:45 PM.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

why not just remake it?
    Simple truth is that those old games a lot vaster, filled with a ton more content and had loads and loads of dialogue.

To update them into modern standards would be such a costly product it could be considered "all in" and you can be sure that investors don't like that idea.

It's the same reason why modern RPGs have gotten smaller while more and more repetitive gameplay has been added to pad the length
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I'm just curious about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bMjkDFGJ1A

what the hell was the point of hyping this up?
    They didn't set up the stage, Sony did. It was the PS4 event.

They just came out to do their usual, "ARE YOU SUPER HYPED FOR THIS HYPE ANNOUNCEMENT?!?!?! Too bad, it's going to be underwhelming. Again." act.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm never expecting a FF7 remake.

They've said in the past that it wont happen until they make a game that beats the hype FF7 got. Which they don't seem to be able to do, regardless of how much they try to push Lightning as the new Cloud.

The new game FF14? FF15? Whichever number they're on now, looks good, but I still don't think it'll be as good as FF7. Doubt it'll even beat the Triple Triad game.. I mean, FF8.

It's a cash in for minimum effort...i doubt there is any change at all from the latest PC release

They struggle so hard to keep their player base that they're going to sell a million copies of an upressed PSP game during launch weeks at $60 1) because it was never localized on psp and 2) because it has the FF15 demo on it first run copies only.

Because fuck you, that's why

That's the actual reason, I'm not trying to be a jerk - they hate their fans